Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @lousubcap I am the Events chairperson for a Fortune 200 company Veterans Employee Resource Group. 

We're just getting it up and running and wanted to do something pretty easy to rollout and use Veterans Day as a launching point.  Someone suggested getting a zoom call done with a WWII vet.  After realizing that can be a challenge and there are so few of them around anymore, I said, "I don't know any WWII vets, and I'm not really into promoting anything Navy, but I do have a good friend that..." and followed up with your general bio.  "Not sure if he would do it, but I do know he likes to zoom late on Friday nights" Haha
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Tom yum gai
    I need that in front of me right meow. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• thetrim
    Options

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @thetrim - I can juice the bio but I get the anti-Navy deal. Always willing to help.  Watch your PM as I will serve up more than I likely should.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Tom yum gai
    Yes please!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    And regarding what I am really doing now-heading right thru LEO for escape velocity as the Oakland A's failed to advance in the MLB playoffs.  I am pleased that last week they finally won a winner take all game after going 0-11 but little solace especially since they owned the Astros in the regular season winning 7 of 10 games.  F' me.
    Rebound will be well in time for the Friday Zoom watering hole gathering.
    Check it out. Doors open around 9 PM (EDT).  All are welcomed and you will learn something and definitely be entertained.  FWIW-
    The last game was a disappointment.  After game three and many Astros scorless innings, I had hope.

The thought of a Yankees vs. Astros ALCS makes me nauseous.  Hopefully the Tampa Bay can pull a win out.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap. I gave the cliff notes version before. We'll work out a non-disclosure agreement on anything forum related moving forward. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Cleaning the freezer , pulled out a boneless butt, split up and making Calabrese Saugage  ....This is going to be good

Making Salami out of it tomorrow 
    That looks delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I always thought those tables were pretty bada$$
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Over seeding and straw mat on the side of my hill

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 - put the movie on pause and drop in to the virtual watering hole this PM (it's live and in colour) and quite good fun.  Linked here:

Shoot me a PM for the PW and you will be guaranteed to enjoy live entertainment.  Likely learn something as well.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just finished with some homemade chicken alfredo

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Chillin' sippin' Woodford Reserve (yeah, there's ice) - girls in the tub.

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Listening to my generator running. Knowing she’s gonna need fuel before sunrise. Thank you hurricane Delta
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Getting around to posting the glazed planked salmon from last night.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Acn said:

That looks awesome! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Took delivery of my 3rd credit card this year.  Last spring I got a call from USAA, someone tried to buy a pair of shoes using my card number, in Rio de Janeiro!  Card was cancelled, got another one.  
    Two days ago I was reviewing my bill, and there were five charges of $0.10 to various charities by a California business, no phone # listed.  Then, a few days later got another charge from that business, for $59.  Cancelled that card.

This is getting old.  :angry:   

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Botch - any idea how you have been compromised?
  • abtaylor260
    Options
    Just dropped some spares. Do some rib tips on the side I guess. #nothingwasted 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:

That looks awesome! 

Thanks!  Glaze was equal amounts Dijon, maple syrup, and white miso.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Beginnings of some brunswick stew. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch - any idea how you have been compromised?
    No idea; I try to limit who "holds" my CC info, right now it's only Amazon, Apple and SiriusXM.   

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month