Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    I guess boats are a sensitive subject around here.
    Las Vegas, NV

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Great day with my Dysfunctional Egghead Family, looking forward to the posts

Wanted to do some Paprika, store still had Fresnos so, doing them all 3 days 150 with hickory and oak 

Do you collect drippings or do they evaporate? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Wanted to do some Paprika, store still had Fresnos so, doing them all 3 days 150 with hickory and oak 

Do you collect drippings or do they evaporate? 
    All evaporates , I put a slit in each pepper ( not the Fresnos) to aide in moisture removal ...makes for some amazing powders 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    We may get plenty of tri-tip here but I don’t see beef back ribs very often. Saw some today while at the store and just lit my egg to put them on. 107* here again today so no hanging out by the grill, inside beers only for me today. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,582
    Options
    I guess boats are a sensitive subject around here.
    Please start new thread, don’t want to see this thread sink again. Oops may be I should avoid using the word sink  :)
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ohh yeah @Ozzie_Isaac
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lkapigian said:

is this the warming box for your offset?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    The choice was bake cookies or pressure wash the driveways, porch, and sidewalk. Dreading the water bill. On the other hand the dirt was hiding all of the dripped paint from house painting. I might have to paint the concrete front porch a uniform color.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited September 2020
    Options
    lkapigian said:

How far do you take these when you smoke them? I mean, do you smoke them a bit to give them flavor and pull ‘em, or do you leave them in until they are fully dehydrated?
    Actually, pairing with @the_@"The Cen-Tex Smoker" question, is this being smoked, or dried in the warming oven?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Baby backs!

Fantastic!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    The choice was bake cookies or pressure wash the driveways, porch, and sidewalk. Dreading the water bill. On the other hand the dirt was hiding all of the dripped paint from house painting. I might have to paint the concrete front porch a uniform color.
    I had rented a gas-powered pressure washer and it was able to remove paint from concrete.  My idiot neighbor painted something, then cleaned all his equipment on the corner of his property, washing down MY gutter, across the driveway, and I didn't see it until I had pulled into my carport, leaving a dotted paint line up my driveway.  I was furious, and I think he picked up on it as I slowly blasted it off.  He hasn't done it again.  

If you have a smaller pressure washer, it might be cheaper/quicker to rent a big gas-powered model, fwiw.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,459
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Our son Tim works for the county historic department and he's been out on a dig this week. Here's a picture of part of the dig, which is about 8 miles from our house. The conical object is the metal boss from the centre of what was probably a leather shield. It's a Saxon burial site, grave goods are commonly buried with high status individuals to help them in the afterlife. The site is dated as 5th century AD.

This is awesome. Deserves more than a “like”. Strikes my interest because I’m reading the Saxon Tales right now
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    Options
    lkapigian said:

is this the warming box for your offset?
    It's my Stumps , holds low temps very well
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Botch said:
    I had rented a gas-powered pressure washer and it was able to remove paint from concrete.  My idiot neighbor painted something, then cleaned all his equipment on the corner of his property, washing down MY gutter, across the driveway, and I didn't see it until I had pulled into my carport, leaving a dotted paint line up my driveway.  I was furious, and I think he picked up on it as I slowly blasted it off.  He hasn't done it again.  

If you have a smaller pressure washer, it might be cheaper/quicker to rent a big gas-powered model, fwiw.  
    I am using a 2000 psi electric one at the present. I own a 3800 psi gas powered one but it hasn’t been cranked in years. When I finish blasting all of the concrete( I have two driveways, a small patio, and 85 feet of sidewalk) I will worry about the 🎨. I do need to do some touch up paint on the eaves and fascia so no use doing it twice.

As a coincidence, a water blaster is what we used  to remove traffic stripe when I worked.. Much, much bigger of course.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Botch said:

I am using a 2000 psi electric one at the present. I own a 3800 psi gas powered one but it hasn’t been cranked in years. When I finish blasting all of the concrete( I have two driveways, a small patio, and 85 feet of sidewalk) I will worry about the 🎨. I do need to do some touch up paint on the eaves and fascia so no use doing it twice.

As a coincidence, a water blaster is what we used  to remove traffic stripe when I worked.. Much, much bigger of course.
    @Gulfcoastguy are you just using the wand or one of these? I have a lot of Crete to wash each year and this is a true time saver. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Sliced up some haloumi as well.

"Halmoui" is not in my Mac's dictionary.  What is it?  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Just the wand with the turbo nozzle. The neighbor across the street was using one of those flat attachments and I wasn’t impressed. I am retired speed isn’t a must. It just means less time seating on my azz. With my gym a risky venture at present I have to get exercise somehow. The neighbors might appreciate my sparking concrete or it might add something to their honey do list.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Got part of the way done with my deer stand. Over halfway done. It’s hot, I’m spent. 

Man can get some good sleep in a stand like that! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA