Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Community And Friday Night Foruming

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    When do we infiltrate Reddit Sub-reddit BiggGreenEgg?  Any planning happen?
    If you're serious, you need to keep in mind that new users to reddit do not automatically have the ability to post pics or start new threads in most subreddits.
    A new user needs to build up some "karma" before they can do more than just upvote existing comments or reply to comments. You earn karma by participating by upvoting and commenting and getting upvotes on your comments. So you should take that into account whilst planning your "hit and run".
    Also, every sub is moderated and some moderators have their own rules regarding posting pics or links or starting new threads. I have no idea how involved/strict the mods are for the bge sub but they must have some sort of limiting criteria cuz I know that none of the dozens of cook pics I've tried to post over the years have gotten approval from the mods. Or maybe there was some other problem - dunno.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• caliking said:
    Had a great time as usual, catching up with old faces, and new. Even if I did have to check in with a comrade this morning, to make sure I remembered what went down  =) Happens when one is deep in the bottle. 

Anyways, treating Pops to some Heartbrand beef tonight. I think he'll enjoy it. 
    Whatcha cookin? As cap says, Heartbrand is pretty special. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    caliking said:
    Had a great time as usual, catching up with old faces, and new. Even if I did have to check in with a comrade this morning, to make sure I remembered what went down  =) Happens when one is deep in the bottle. 

Anyways, treating Pops to some Heartbrand beef tonight. I think he'll enjoy it. 
    Whatcha cookin? As cap says, Heartbrand is pretty special. 

Ribeye cap, couple of tenderloin filets, shrooms, zukes, and garlic parm taters. Not lighting any fires today. #lazysumbitch

@lousubcap I’ve sampled their goods a couple of times, and really liked it. 

I keep meaning to listen more, and run my mouth less, on Friday nights =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    HeavyG said:
    If you're serious, you need to keep in mind that new users to reddit do not automatically have the ability to post pics or start new threads in most subreddits.
    A new user needs to build up some "karma" before they can do more than just upvote existing comments or reply to comments. You earn karma by participating by upvoting and commenting and getting upvotes on your comments. So you should take that into account whilst planning your "hit and run".
    Also, every sub is moderated and some moderators have their own rules regarding posting pics or links or starting new threads. I have no idea how involved/strict the mods are for the bge sub but they must have some sort of limiting criteria cuz I know that none of the dozens of cook pics I've tried to post over the years have gotten approval from the mods. Or maybe there was some other problem - dunno.
    Hmmm, reconnaissance may be in order.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG said:
    Good info. I’m a Reddit newb for the most part. I do participate a little on that sub it’s free and far between. 

I think the hit and run would be funny but I would like it to be another cool space to hang out 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    HeavyG said:
    involved/strict the mods are for the bge sub but they must have some sort of limiting criteria cuz I know that none of the dozens of cook pics I've tried to post over the years have gotten approval from the mods. Or maybe there was some other problem - dunno.
    Apparently no one noticed this little tidbit...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    In case this thread is your "go to" for the Friday night Zoom session, back by popular demand is an early opening to reach out across the pond, linked here:
    The Zoom details are the same as always and we will endeavor to carry-on well into the evening.  Give it a look.  You will not be disappointed. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Any others game to rejoin.  Botch, Texas Wig, DMW and I are rolling now.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    edited August 2020
    This session really gained traction around 10 PM (EDT).  @northGAcock@YukonRon, @Thatgrimguy, @bucky925@DMW, @texaswig, @Buckwoody Egger, @bubbajack, @nolaegghead, and @Botch walked in and things are still going.  Staying power!    
    Edit:  Apologize if I failed to mention a participant.   
  • lousubcap
    I have declared victory for this evening's combined Zoom sessions. Many thanks to @JohnInCarolina for making these events possible.   As is always the case, a great time was had,  especially with those from the UK who participated.
    Always entertaining and always a learning opportunity.
    This scribe took the night off. Those of you interested in the flavor of the evening just let your imagination run and you will likely hit on several topics.  I don't think we ventured into prior uncharted subjects other than a few comments related to Brazilian wax jobs.  No worries, that didn't last long.  
    Until the next time.  Be healthy and stay safe.  
  • Happy Friday Eve folks!

Who's on for tomorrow night?  We'll unfortunately be without our trusty barkeep, @lousubcap, who has personal commitments that will keep him from this week's session (I think he's going to the beauty salon ;) )

Some suggested topics:

What lawnmower do you have?
    Examples of nonlinear systems
    Greatest forum thread of all time?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    I intend to stop by for a couple.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    Actually going to the hair stylist  B)  This session will continue in the always entertaining vein that is the Friday Zoom characteristic.  
    Again many thanks to @JohnInCarolina for continuing to host these gatherings. 

A couple of potential topics:
    Cilantro-like it or leave it
    Ribs- bend test or toothpick

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Hopefully I can make it, may have Robin as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2020
    lousubcap said:
    Actually going to the hair stylist  B)  This session will continue in the always entertaining vein that is the Friday Zoom characteristic.  

Must be a b!tchh when going thru airport security with all those hair care products. Have a great weekend Frank e.t. all. I am a doubtful on this Friday.....but will return when you put curlers in your hair......actually prob sooner.

Edit: You can’t say **** on here?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • frazzdaddy
    lousubcap said:

Must be a b!tchh when going thru airport security with all those hair care products. Have a great weekend Frank e.t. all. I am a doubtful on this Friday.....but will return when you put curlers in your hair......actually prob sooner.

Edit: You can’t say **** on here?
    You can do it, you just can't say it. lol
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Fiber, how much is too much?

What is a troll and what qualifies as trolling?

Why are you more upset about lump and warranty issues than the China-virus?
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Poop Tracking apps. Name your top 2. (2...get it?)
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    edited September 2020
    Who do you have in the Kentucky Derby Saturday?  
  • frazzdaddy
    Authentic or Thousand words. Bafert horses. Demling says no to Authentic but I believe picked Thousand Words to win. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    lousubcap said:
    Paul Revere.  I hear that horse can do.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    1. HonorAP, bred for endurance ,has not run 1.25 But......
    2. Tiz The Law...East coast horse ,not much competition but has run 1.25 
    3. Thousand Words -Pioneerof the Nile is the sire of 2015 Triple Crown winner American Pharoah
    You are welcome
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • frazzdaddy
    For those of you placing bets, Demling, has picked the winner of six straight races: the Saudi Cup, Gotham Stakes, Rebel Stakes, Louisiana Derby, Florida Derby and Belmont Stakes.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Fillies on Friday 

1. Garmine
    2. Swiss Sky Diver 
    3. Donna Veloce
    4. Speech
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • four moves, four houses, what is @Legume running from?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    four moves, four houses, what is @Legume running from?
    High density.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Tiz The Law, Enforceable, Authentic for the trifecta.  And never bet on a grey horse.   🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • frazzdaddy
    Demling said no on Authentic because of starting position (18) I think. Said only two horses have ever won the Derby from that slot. I wonder if anybody told the horse that.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited September 2020

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    lousubcap said:
    What time is kickoff?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow