Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Grievance Thread

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
edited June 2020 in Off Topic
If you have a grievance with someone else on this forum, let's argue here or in PMs.

@littlerascal56 and @Lit we just got our community thread back, please do not F it up again.

All are welcome to argue any interwebz issues in this thread.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Lit said:

With the whole thing that happened recently I have had multiple people message me about how you and your group are ruining this forum. Just to let tou know I havent flagged you or anyone but theres a decent amount of people on this forum afraid to speak up but really want you guys to chill out.
    @Lit...you let the cat "out of the bag".  Now the "chosen few" that run this forum know that a bunch of us are talking about them in private messages. This forum is doomed if BGE lets it go on.  I reported Carey's abuse (and his troll accounts) 3 months ago, and BGE Corporate @the_Buffalo has contacted me twice about it, requesting all the links to his postings for review.   Let's see if they do anything about removing his accounts, as there are laws regarding "forum abuse" that they are required to comply with as a corporation.
    Would any of the other members of this secret Forum Area Resistance Tribe like to come forward?  

The fact that it’s Little Rascal here PMing Lit to tell him about all these people ruining the forum is just gold.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Good place to post grievances. I’ve got none. In the short time I’ve been on here, I’ve learned tons about cooking in my XL BGE. I’ve helped others and others have helped me tremendously. I may not get along with all you guys, we may not see eye to eye but we’ll manage just fine. 
    great post, 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    with my high bloodpressure, i dont think im supposed to laugh this hard
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    I worked on the boat all day yesterday, this stuff is gold.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Lit said:

With the whole thing that happened recently I have had multiple people message me about how you and your group are ruining this forum. Just to let tou know I havent flagged you or anyone but theres a decent amount of people on this forum afraid to speak up but really want you guys to chill out.
    @Lit...you let the cat "out of the bag".  Now the "chosen few" that run this forum know that a bunch of us are talking about them in private messages. This forum is doomed if BGE lets it go on.  I reported Carey's abuse (and his troll accounts) 3 months ago, and BGE Corporate @the_Buffalo has contacted me twice about it, requesting all the links to his postings for review.   Let's see if they do anything about removing his accounts, as there are laws regarding "forum abuse" that they are required to comply with as a corporation.
    Would any of the other members of this secret Forum Area Resistance Tribe like to come forward?  

The fact that it’s Little Rascal here PMing Lit to tell him about all these people ruining the forum is just gold.  
    I can only imagine that speaking out in this thread would look something like this

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,079
    Options
    Lit said:

www.eggheadforum.com Deep State?
    And what if I'm offended by someone taking offense at someone being offensive, where does "That" go?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    Lit said:

I can only imagine that speaking out in this thread would look something like this

You need to talk to @Focker - the dogs are actually all chihuahuas if I recall.
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    Lit said:

You need to talk to @Focker - the dogs are actually all chihuahuas if I recall.
    Not even one page in and ya'll are already proving my point. While not a card carrying FART (typical dismissive tone to offset reasonable discourse btw) I can see where this is coming from. I have been here long enough to know the forum dynamic and usual players and generally don't GAS I can see where it could be off-putting to newcomers though.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Some of you take this forum stuff WAY too seriously.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Ok, i will confess. I am one of them.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:

Huh.  I thought you were the founding member of that other group we have here, Scottie's Harem About Virtually Everything, otherwise known as SHAVE.  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    I don't want to be associated with any gangs
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    SGH said:

Huh.  I thought you were the founding member of that other group we have here, Scottie's Harem About Virtually Everything, otherwise known as SHAVE.  

He's also Grand PooBah of the Fried Undersea Crustaceans Klub.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I don't want to be associated with any gangs
    John I feel like you changing your forum pic to this:

is typical of your usual dismissive tone towards the proles.  Are you a member of academia, by any chance?  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    SGH said:

Don't forget he is also the MOD for the Facebook Instapot BBQ page.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    SGH said:

Well played, Dennis.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Can we get on with the grievances please?  I’m half expecting someone to start posting cooks here the way this is going.
    Quite the demand from the guy who doesn't even know how to eat with his eyes.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This really did used to be a much friendlier place.  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Memebase - chickpeas - All Your Memes In Our Base - Funny Memes
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Legume said:
    Can we get on with the grievances please?  I’m half expecting someone to start posting cooks here the way this is going.

dang that is funny
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    To anyone thinking about posting any concerns in this thread, please see the posts above me to get a sense of the sincerity for hearing your concerns. In the words of Admiral Ackbar

Hell, they're already changing their avatars to mock you. Seeing as how I don't want to be the cat in the picture I posted I am out of this thread. Good luck with the circle jerk 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    A good meal cooked on a BGE and Beer is supposed to stop arguments and irritation full stop. 

I'm going to say, anyone stirring the pot here is either (1) just not drinking enough beer, or (2) just spoiled a good meal on their egg.  On second point, if (1) is in excess, and tends to make you forget about the meal ... it could be that you need to actually cut back on (1) to enable point (2) from being satisfied.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    To anyone thinking about posting any concerns in this thread, please see the posts above me to get a sense of the sincerity for hearing your concerns. In the words of Admiral Ackbar

Hell, they're already changing their avatars to mock you. Seeing as how I don't want to be the cat in the picture I posted I am out of this thread. Good luck with the circle jerk 
    Were there a lot of serious grievances being raised in the "Airing of Grievances" thread you started yesterday?  I wasn't participating in that so I really don't remember.   But it's still around it seems so perhaps people here can use that one if this one is not sufficiently serious.   

I will say that I was really looking forward to a genuine and heart-felt discourse regarding the applicability of UK harassment law to bbq forums in the US.  It would be a shame if we don't get to that at some point.  
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    NCSmoky said:

Were there a lot of serious grievances being raised in the "Airing of Grievances" thread you started yesterday?  I wasn't participating in that so I really don't remember.   But it's still around it seems so perhaps people here can use that one if this one is not sufficiently serious.   

I will say that I was really looking forward to a genuine and heart-felt discourse regarding the applicability of UK harassment law to bbq forums in the US.  It would be a shame if we don't get to that at some point.  
    My thread was a burner to deflect from the conversation that was forming in the WAYDRN thread and I stated that. This thread was premised on actually hearing concerns from forum members (lol). Anyone who would be foolish to take up serious concerns here can already see how they will be dogpiled by the group. All I'm saying is whether or not you see it, this place is very Cliquy and could be intimidating to new members who want to engage socially and don't share your worldview. As far as strictly cooking help and feedback this is the best place on the net with a great bunch of helpful people .. even you (gasp), but venture out into the Frat House and you better have some very thick skin. (yeah I know I said I was out of this thread, please make sure you bring that up in your reply)