Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Grievance Thread

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'm tired of you aszholes flagging me because I put ketchup on hotdogs. Enough is enough! And I can't call you out because you hide behind your little flags
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm tired of you aszholes flagging me because I put ketchup on hotdogs. Enough is enough! And I can't call you out because you hide behind your little flags
    Man up and use spicy ketchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

78 Red Spicy All Natural Ketchup - 172oz  Target
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Better be careful what you say if you're not a member..... 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    I got a grievance with that Peach Butt Ron guy.  I been smoking butts for a few years and thought I was pretty good at it.  Then I tried his recipe/technique and realized that I knew nothing about making tasty Q.  Amazing flavor and moisture.  Never going back.  Just one bit of advice:  put a disposable drip pan under your butt - it's hell trying to clean baked on peach preserves.

Thanks for the great recipe @YukonRon!
    Now this, right here - this is a legit grievance.

Just wait until you try one of Ron’s beef tenderloin sandwiches, with that blue cheese crack he puts on them.  Sublime.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    I got a grievance with that Peach Butt Ron guy.  I been smoking butts for a few years and thought I was pretty good at it.  Then I tried his recipe/technique and realized that I knew nothing about making tasty Q.  Amazing flavor and moisture.  Never going back.  Just one bit of advice:  put a disposable drip pan under your butt - it's hell trying to clean baked on peach preserves.

Can’t find peach preserves. Can I substitute with apricot jam?
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

Ketchup is a decent substitute.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2020
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

Do they not have grocery stores north of the border?  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

Not only could you, that would be my preference!
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    To anyone thinking about posting any concerns in this thread, please see the posts above me to get a sense of the sincerity for hearing your concerns. In the words of Admiral Ackbar

Hell, they're already changing their avatars to mock you. Seeing as how I don't want to be the cat in the picture I posted I am out of this thread. Good luck with the circle jerk 
    Were there a lot of serious grievances being raised in the "Airing of Grievances" thread you started yesterday?  I wasn't participating in that so I really don't remember.   But it's still around it seems so perhaps people here can use that one if this one is not sufficiently serious.   

I will say that I was really looking forward to a genuine and heart-felt discourse regarding the applicability of UK harassment law to bbq forums in the US.  It would be a shame if we don't get to that at some point.  
    My thread was a burner to deflect from the conversation that was forming in the WAYDRN thread and I stated that. This thread was premised on actually hearing concerns from forum members (lol). Anyone who would be foolish to take up serious concerns here can already see how they will be dogpiled by the group. All I'm saying is whether or not you see it, this place is very Cliquy and could be intimidating to new members who want to engage socially and don't share your worldview. As far as strictly cooking help and feedback this is the best place on the net with a great bunch of helpful people .. even you (gasp), but venture out into the Frat House and you better have some very thick skin. (yeah I know I said I was out of this thread, please make sure you bring that up in your reply)
    I do always have tons of respect for folks like yourself who seem to have a penchant for coming into these threads and dropping bombs, but then also like to follow it up by saying they're leaving because they don't want to be ganged up on.  And they often come back, which is equally comical.  Those kinds of folks do seem like people whose opinions we should all value and take seriously.  

Now back to my regularly scheduled work polishing my worldview, whatever the F that is.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

Not only could you, that would be my preference!
    I’ve done it. I like the tartness in apricots, I’m not sure how much of a difference that makes in the final product though.  I’ve used apricot on ribs several times and like that.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

try guava jam with scotch bonnets honey ginger and a squirt of ketchup. go heavy with the scotch bonnets
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    To anyone thinking about posting any concerns in this thread, please see the posts above me to get a sense of the sincerity for hearing your concerns. In the words of Admiral Ackbar

Hell, they're already changing their avatars to mock you. Seeing as how I don't want to be the cat in the picture I posted I am out of this thread. Good luck with the circle jerk 
    Were there a lot of serious grievances being raised in the "Airing of Grievances" thread you started yesterday?  I wasn't participating in that so I really don't remember.   But it's still around it seems so perhaps people here can use that one if this one is not sufficiently serious.   

I will say that I was really looking forward to a genuine and heart-felt discourse regarding the applicability of UK harassment law to bbq forums in the US.  It would be a shame if we don't get to that at some point.  
    My thread was a burner to deflect from the conversation that was forming in the WAYDRN thread and I stated that. This thread was premised on actually hearing concerns from forum members (lol). Anyone who would be foolish to take up serious concerns here can already see how they will be dogpiled by the group. All I'm saying is whether or not you see it, this place is very Cliquy and could be intimidating to new members who want to engage socially and don't share your worldview. As far as strictly cooking help and feedback this is the best place on the net with a great bunch of helpful people .. even you (gasp), but venture out into the Frat House and you better have some very thick skin. (yeah I know I said I was out of this thread, please make sure you bring that up in your reply)
    I do always have tons of respect for folks like yourself who seem to have a penchant for coming into these threads and dropping bombs, but then also like to follow it up by saying they're leaving because they don't want to be ganged up on.  And they often come back, which is equally comical.  Those kinds of folks do seem like people whose opinions we should all value and take seriously.  

Now back to my regularly scheduled work polishing my worldview, whatever the F that is.  
    I, for one, do appreciate you being a "people person".  Thanks so much.
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:

I, for one, do appreciate you being a "people person".  Thanks so much.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I fear there will be more violence in our city this weekend:

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/local/louisville-protests-counter-downtown-saturday/417-95362a11-f221-4a32-9215-16d7bf2fa39e

This has become such a mess here in Louisville.

These fully armed groups supposedly will be made up of those, having already created violence and deaths, in other states. They are coming in from different states to protest for the rights of white people. It is organized by a current member of the National Guard.

It was the National Guard, responding to a shot fired, that killed a man during the BLM movement.

I wonder if the body cameras will be turned on this time? Or not, again?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    YukonRon said:

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/local/louisville-protests-counter-downtown-saturday/417-95362a11-f221-4a32-9215-16d7bf2fa39e

These fully armed groups supposedly will be made up of those, having already created violence and deaths, in other states. They are coming in from different states to protest for the rights of white people. It is organized by a current member of the National Guard.

It was the National Guard, responding to a shot fired, that killed a man during the BLM movement.

Sad, maybe they should live feed those body cams ALL THE TIME, anyone can have access.  Think that would bring on some accountability from both sides of the fence?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've said this before but I think it bears repeating. If we took all the content combined of the people who think it should be different or say that "the forum will never last so BGE has to do something about it" we would have 3 pork butt cooks, one "my fire went out" thread and a whole bunch of "get off my lawn".

We have a guy with 15 f*cking posts..15 (!) calling the authorities, quoting foreign harassment laws (hilarious, I might add) and privately messaging lit, (of all people) to try to make the forum look more like he would like it. It's always the guys who add nothing who complain the loudest.
    damn furrnerz...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I flagged you for the incorrect "no symbol".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_symbol#:~:text=The%20general%20prohibition%20sign%20(official,bottom%20right)%2C%20completely%20enclosing%20a

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

Ketchup is a decent substitute.
    ARGH you pi$$ me off with that talk of ketchup.

ok now feats of strength.  and a metal pole.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Sad, maybe they should live feed those body cams ALL THE TIME, anyone can have access.  Think that would bring on some accountability from both sides of the fence?
    If it weren't for those pesky privacy and dissemination laws that protect victims of crimes.
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Options
    You know littlerascal56 is a golfer because he's so good at t-ing up a ball.

If a clown-nose presents itself, I just can't resist honking it.
    Options
    YukonRon said:

If it weren't for those pesky privacy and dissemination laws that protect victims of crimes.
    Good point. But I guess with all the cellphone cameras around nowadays ... it pretty much is a live feed anyhow.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I still want the “I’m confused” button. 

I can’t keep up with what we’re mad about anymore. 
    @YukonRon makes me realize my pork butts are 2nd class. 
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Can make soup magically appear in a dumpling.
    I’ll never be that level saucerer... but I’m not mad about it. I just want to go to their house and let them cook for me. I’ll bring cheap booze. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Y’all MFers are ridiculous.  Interneting isnt that hard. Two rules: Don’t 1)be a dumbass or 2) get caught in an endless argument with one. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    You know littlerascal56 is a golfer because he's so good at t-ing up a ball.

If a clown-nose presents itself, I just can't resist honking it.
    Are you still boycotting?
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited June 2020
    Options
    “Let’s post a cook and get this place back on track”

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA