Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Grievance Thread

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Even the boys across the pond getting in on the troll flag game today! Strong work. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Even the boys across the pond getting in on the troll flag game today! Strong work. 
    Genuine question. How do the flaggots decide between Troll and Abuse?  It all seems a bit random? I seem to have more Troll than Abuse, but I do try and keep the swearing down on this forum in respect to @The_Buffalo
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    Eoin said:
    Legume said:
    The testing is definitely the problem.  Trump knows that the swabs all comes from China and they’ve impregnated them with engineered mind control virus.  He was in on it because Xi promised to help him get re-elected, but now he isn’t going to do that.  This is why we need to back off on testing, that’s how people are getting the virus.
    Mind control virus. That explains a LOT.
    Could be brain control, I can’t remember which is more powerful.  Need to read this again.

Is Therman Murch an anagram of Vladimir Putin? Maybe I'm just confused. Or drunk. Or both. It's past Jaegermeister O'Clock here.
    He’s a tax guy, works for the IRS in the audit department.  At least he used to, not sure what he does now.  I think he had an interview show on local cable for a while.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm tired of you aszholes flagging me because I put ketchup on hotdogs. Enough is enough! And I can't call you out because you hide behind your little flags
    I flagged you for the incorrect "no symbol".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_symbol#:~:text=The%20general%20prohibition%20sign%20(official,bottom%20right)%2C%20completely%20enclosing%20a

My symbol, my rules
    Banning farts is probably a bad move in your line of work

I correctly "no symboled" my no symbol :)
    Better out, than in, I say :)
    I’ve read that 16 farts a day is considered healthy.  Any truth in that?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Genuine question. How do the flaggots decide between Troll and Abuse?  It all seems a bit random? I seem to have more Troll than Abuse, but I do try and keep the swearing down on this forum in respect to @The_Buffalo
    I think even a second given to caring what Or how they think is a waste of time. I do get a chuckle seeing their panties all in a twist though. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Emphasis on that last part
    Options
    Why is it that I discovered the egg at the stage of life when I'm getting into being healthy? I want to eat ribs and pulled pork and brisket, not effing chicken or turkey and reasonable servings!

Now that's a grievance no one will be offended by. Maybe.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Weight when I got egg in 2012:  180 lbs.  Weight now: 210 lbs

Honestly can't just blame the egg, but I can partially blame this forum because I've expanded my diet horizon by 360 degrees.

it's a little frightening to think you have been holding something back.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Apparently that's not all that expanded.

I'm also discovering brown waters thanks to this forum.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Too much hate around. Once you in the US lance that puss filled boil, the world will be a better place.
    #truth
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Kayak said:

Yep, thanks to this forum I was able to really appreciate it when someone recently offered me a couple of pours of

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Kayak said:

Yep, thanks to this forum I was able to really appreciate it when someone recently offered me a couple of pours of

oh my. That is liquid gold.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Kayak said:

oh my. That is liquid gold.
    Yes.  Yes it is.

Frankly, it's the first really expensive beverage I've ever tasted that made me think "Aah.  Now I "get it"".

Usually I think "For 10% of the cost of this I could find a number of things I like about as much"

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Yno said:
    My biggest grievance is that I can't cook as well or as much as some of the people on here. Second biggest is that I am trying to lose as little excess weight and can't eat the things I can cook well. Seventy pounds down and fifteen more to go, and then things will improve.

I get so hungry sometimes that I would eat a hot dog with ketchup on it.
    This should be under the Ovation Thread! Nice work on the weight loss.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    My grievance is that nobody told me about a BGE or this forum prior to moving out of Texas. Thus, I never got to interject myself into @The Cen-Tex Smoker life and enjoy TYOTD.
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    I just joined like 3 days ago ... grievance thread?

This is a BBQ site for crying out loud ...

Is COVID really getting to people that much?? LOL.

It's alright - this thing's gotta happen every five months or so -- ten months -- helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten months since the last one. You know, you got to stop them at the beginning, like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, They should never've let him get away with that. They were just asking for big trouble.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My grievance is that nobody told me about a BGE or this forum prior to moving out of Texas. Thus, I never got to interject myself into @The Cen-Tex Smoker life and enjoy TYOTD.

you didn't miss much :lol: (except the dumplings- they are legit)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Yno said:
    My biggest grievance is that I can't cook as well or as much as some of the people on here. Second biggest is that I am trying to lose as little excess weight and can't eat the things I can cook well. Seventy pounds down and fifteen more to go, and then things will improve.

I get so hungry sometimes that I would eat a hot dog with ketchup on it.
    @Yno - congrats on the achievement to date and the final stretch run to hit your weight loss target.  You've got this.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    That may be true, but don't stop trying until you can fart your high school fight song. 
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Eoin said:
    Too much hate around. Once you in the US lance that puss filled boil, the world will be a better place.
    #truth
    There's really just the issue of when, not if.

NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    To anyone thinking about posting any concerns in this thread, please see the posts above me to get a sense of the sincerity for hearing your concerns. In the words of Admiral Ackbar

Hell, they're already changing their avatars to mock you. Seeing as how I don't want to be the cat in the picture I posted I am out of this thread. Good luck with the circle jerk 
    Were there a lot of serious grievances being raised in the "Airing of Grievances" thread you started yesterday?  I wasn't participating in that so I really don't remember.   But it's still around it seems so perhaps people here can use that one if this one is not sufficiently serious.   

I will say that I was really looking forward to a genuine and heart-felt discourse regarding the applicability of UK harassment law to bbq forums in the US.  It would be a shame if we don't get to that at some point.  
    My thread was a burner to deflect from the conversation that was forming in the WAYDRN thread and I stated that. This thread was premised on actually hearing concerns from forum members (lol). Anyone who would be foolish to take up serious concerns here can already see how they will be dogpiled by the group. All I'm saying is whether or not you see it, this place is very Cliquy and could be intimidating to new members who want to engage socially and don't share your worldview. As far as strictly cooking help and feedback this is the best place on the net with a great bunch of helpful people .. even you (gasp), but venture out into the Frat House and you better have some very thick skin. (yeah I know I said I was out of this thread, please make sure you bring that up in your reply)
    I do always have tons of respect for folks like yourself who seem to have a penchant for coming into these threads and dropping bombs, but then also like to follow it up by saying they're leaving because they don't want to be ganged up on.  And they often come back, which is equally comical.  Those kinds of folks do seem like people whose opinions we should all value and take seriously.  

Now back to my regularly scheduled work polishing my worldview, whatever the F that is.  
    I hit you with the OT so you could hit for the cycle on this one.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Y’all MFers are ridiculous.  Interneting isnt that hard. Two rules: Don’t 1)be a dumbass or 2) get caught in an endless argument with one. 
    There's a third rule as well but it has more to do with poor choices and running into Chris Hansen. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm tired of you aszholes flagging me because I put ketchup on hotdogs. Enough is enough! And I can't call you out because you hide behind your little flags

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_symbol#:~:text=The%20general%20prohibition%20sign%20(official,bottom%20right)%2C%20completely%20enclosing%20a

My symbol, my rules

Technically, it's a matter of volume/day. But there's considerable variance. 

It usually goes down like "do you think you fart a lot?" , and then we go from there :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:

My symbol, my rules

Technically, it's a matter of volume/day. But there's considerable variance. 

It usually goes down like "do you think you fart a lot?" , and then we go from there :)

Is there such thing as "Diarrhea of the mouth"?  Because my 10th grade computer science teacher said I had it.
    Options
    Mattman3969 said:
    Doesn't sound right, I've never been that low that I kn
    Sorry about that, I just blew my laptop across the room and against the far wall, thank goodness it still works.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Why is it that I discovered the egg at the stage of life when I'm getting into being healthy? I want to eat ribs and pulled pork and brisket, not effing chicken or turkey and reasonable servings!
    Sadly, I think that's just how Life works.  I'm finally at the point where I can afford all the Wine, Women and Song I want, but I don't really care about them any more.
    I'll continue later; Jeopardy is on now.  :old:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.