Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    Made Croque Monsieur for dinner with homemade bread and scratch béchamel, speck ham and some boars head gruyere. With kids we are fans of the paper plate.
    Also hat tip @ColtsFan with my Colts Koozie

Beauty 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    @Mark_B_Good   I only thought those were requirements for mowing in Ky.  Lol
    Oh no, the movement is alive and well in Toronto, Canada.
    Aren't you afraid of getting frost bite?
    Oh no, it's hot hear now. If I'm afraid of getting frostbite, I switch my beer up for rum. Stays damn hot out there, even if its snowing.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lit said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    thetrim said:
    @JohnInCarolina for someone who‘s been flagged almost 800 times, you’re awfully sensitive.  
    The flags do annoy me, because if people have an issue with what I post here, I would really prefer they just tell me why, instead of hiding behind an anonymous flag.  For people who care about threads like this, an added bonus is that only one of these approaches draws the attention of the Buffalo.

The thing is you whined about this thread getting locked then drop your little "truth" bombs knowing anything about the Rona is politically charged right now and stand back like

Its really quite transparent and I honestly don't think you can help yourself at this point. And no Im not the "flagger". Never flagged anyone here.
    I "whined" about this thread getting locked?  I don't think so.  I'm really not one of the people here who has some attachment to any thread on the forum.  They're just threads on a friggin bbq forum to me.  By the same token, I realize not everyone feels that way, and so here, today,  I am just explaining to people how this works. 

As far as the current discussion around covid-19 statistics, your objection would have more weight were I the one who introduced the topic here.  I'm not.  I'm not even the first to respond to the one who did.  Personally, I think the notion that things like this have become "politically charged" is friggin ridiculous.  If people can't handle discussions of the reality of what is happening in this country right now because they've decided it's "politically charged," then I'm sorry but the problem is with them and not me.  
    And the funny thing is that I totally agree with you, discussion about Covid should not be politically charged and the fact that it is is absurd. You know enough about the dynamics of this forum to know that is not the reality here. I just think that if people want threads like these to survive, certain topics should not be posted in them(again, absurd) and relegated to separate threads or in obviously soon the be Buffaloed threads. We're not as far apart in thinking as it may appear, we just see things differently. Enjoy your day
    I do understand the dynamics of the forum, but my point is that it doesn’t have to be that way.  This is a community and we do have some say in terms of how it goes.  Some people see things as they are and just accept them, but I’ve never been one of those people.

And good day to you, sir.
    And in a perfect world that would be the case, but here it’s not our house, not our rules. We work within the parameters given.
    That’s a perfectly legit point of view, even if I disagree with it.   What I really don’t understand is why your first post about this took issue with me personally and basically asserted that I was being disingenuous, saying I couldn’t help myself, and so on.  
    With the whole thing that happened recently I have had multiple people message me about how you and your group are ruining this forum. Just to let tou know I havent flagged you or anyone but theres a decent amount of people on this forum afraid to speak up but really want you guys to chill out.
    @Lit...you let the cat "out of the bag".  Now the "chosen few" that run this forum know that a bunch of us are talking about them in private messages. This forum is doomed if BGE lets it go on.  I reported Carey's abuse (and his troll accounts) 3 months ago, and BGE Corporate @the_Buffalo has contacted me twice about it, requesting all the links to his postings for review.   Let's see if they do anything about removing his accounts, as there are laws regarding "forum abuse" that they are required to comply with as a corporation.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The Dixie Chunks changed their name. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    Lit said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    thetrim said:
    @JohnInCarolina for someone who‘s been flagged almost 800 times, you’re awfully sensitive.  
    The flags do annoy me, because if people have an issue with what I post here, I would really prefer they just tell me why, instead of hiding behind an anonymous flag.  For people who care about threads like this, an added bonus is that only one of these approaches draws the attention of the Buffalo.

The thing is you whined about this thread getting locked then drop your little "truth" bombs knowing anything about the Rona is politically charged right now and stand back like

Its really quite transparent and I honestly don't think you can help yourself at this point. And no Im not the "flagger". Never flagged anyone here.
    I "whined" about this thread getting locked?  I don't think so.  I'm really not one of the people here who has some attachment to any thread on the forum.  They're just threads on a friggin bbq forum to me.  By the same token, I realize not everyone feels that way, and so here, today,  I am just explaining to people how this works. 

As far as the current discussion around covid-19 statistics, your objection would have more weight were I the one who introduced the topic here.  I'm not.  I'm not even the first to respond to the one who did.  Personally, I think the notion that things like this have become "politically charged" is friggin ridiculous.  If people can't handle discussions of the reality of what is happening in this country right now because they've decided it's "politically charged," then I'm sorry but the problem is with them and not me.  
    And the funny thing is that I totally agree with you, discussion about Covid should not be politically charged and the fact that it is is absurd. You know enough about the dynamics of this forum to know that is not the reality here. I just think that if people want threads like these to survive, certain topics should not be posted in them(again, absurd) and relegated to separate threads or in obviously soon the be Buffaloed threads. We're not as far apart in thinking as it may appear, we just see things differently. Enjoy your day
    I do understand the dynamics of the forum, but my point is that it doesn’t have to be that way.  This is a community and we do have some say in terms of how it goes.  Some people see things as they are and just accept them, but I’ve never been one of those people.

And good day to you, sir.
    And in a perfect world that would be the case, but here it’s not our house, not our rules. We work within the parameters given.
    That’s a perfectly legit point of view, even if I disagree with it.   What I really don’t understand is why your first post about this took issue with me personally and basically asserted that I was being disingenuous, saying I couldn’t help myself, and so on.  
    With the whole thing that happened recently I have had multiple people message me about how you and your group are ruining this forum. Just to let tou know I havent flagged you or anyone but theres a decent amount of people on this forum afraid to speak up but really want you guys to chill out.
    @Lit...you let the cat "out of the bag".  Now the "chosen few" that run this forum know that a bunch of us are talking about them in private messages. This forum is doomed if BGE lets it go on.  I reported Carey's abuse (and his troll accounts) 3 months ago, and BGE Corporate @the_Buffalo has contacted me twice about it, requesting all the links to his postings for review.   Let's see if they do anything about removing his accounts, as there are laws regarding "forum abuse" that they are required to comply with as a corporation.
    Tell us more about "... there are laws regarding "forum abuse" that they are required to comply with as a corporation".
    Do you have a citation for any specific state or federal legislation?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options

Harassment

Under Section 1(1) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, "a person must not pursue a course of conduct - (a) which amounts to harassment of another, and (b) which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other."

Behaviour will only count as a course of conduct if it occurs on at least two occasions.  Alarming a person or causing a person distress amount to harassment.

There is also a special, more serious, offence of putting a person in fear of violence: "a person whose course of conduct causes another to fear, on at least two occasions, that violence will be used against him is guilty of an offence if he knows or ought to know that his course of conduct will cause the other so to fear on each of those occasions" (Section 4(1)).

However, the offences do not apply to a course of conduct pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime; nor do they apply to conduct pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment; nor do they apply where, in the particular circumstances, the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.

The 1997 Act was directed specifically at stalking, but it can easily apply to the actions of some internet trolls.

Harassment is a criminal offence, and can lead to a fine and/or imprisonment. It may also ground a civil claim for an injunction and/or damages.

In addition to the offences under there are other relevant harassment-related offences under the Public Order Act 1986 (as amended by the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994).

Note that under this legislation, additional penalties may apply in the case of harassment that is racially or religiously aggravated.

Malicious communications

Section 1(1) of the Malicious Communications Act 1988 provides that an offence is committed by any person who sends to another person, with the intention of causing distress or anxiety:

• an electronic communication which conveys a message which is indecent or grossly offensive, a threat, or information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender; or
    • any electronic communication which is, in whole or part, of an indecent or grossly offensive nature.

Electronic communication is specified to include any communication sent by an electronic communications network.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  
    Options

First of all, I think Ozzie just made some comments that we should be respectful of other people on this thread, we're lucky to get it back. 

So if I may, I suggest you start a grievance thread for this stuff or use the existing grievance thread.

Second, as I recall, a good number of your most recent threads were buffaloed, the last one was something about you "reading my license plate" on my truck and proclaiming a records search shows that it was involved in a drug bust or something.  Then later admitting you just made it all up. Now if that ain't harassment, I dunno what is.

So chill out like a cool little Fonzie and, for Pete's sake, behave.  This is the internet and no one is serious.

If you feel inclined, report this post to "The corporate authorities".  As far as I know, however, given your reference to another countries laws, the BGE corporation is not a UK company.  In the US we have the first amendment, and I'd hardly call getting burned in a friendly food forum anything close to harassment.

Good day, sir!

edited June 2020
    Options
    Moved to grievance thread out of respect for Ozzie.

The only thing I'll note for posterity is that I think it should now be quite clear to everyone just who the flagger is.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @YukonRon Every time my kids come home to visit they get a kick out of wandering outside to see what the newest addition is in the yard around the outdoor kitchen. 
    (How about that for a run on sentence?)
    I have more issues than a magazine rack at a used book store.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just signed my 3rd landscaping project contract since getting the BGE.

I can't possibly spend more money on our home to better facilitate the Eggs.

Or can I?
    This the one that includes the outdoor urinal? Man already makes enough trips inside to get another bottle of wine.....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Or can I?
    This the one that includes the outdoor urinal? Man already makes enough trips inside to get another bottle of wine.....
    A tree with large leaves would work.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

Or can I?

a half dollar coin next to the tree works well, eventually someone picks it up =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

Or can I?
    another reason not to have close neighbors.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

Or can I?
    another reason not to have close neighbors.
    Too late for that, living in the city is a guarantee, if you are smoking on the BGE, you're going to have neighbors.

About halfway through the evening of merriment, the line begins at the Red Maple out back, until I make them go inside and use the bathroom. And those are the wives.

Just kidding of course. We did a total demolish and rebuild of the bathrooms, we are going to use those.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Harassment

Under Section 1(1) of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, "a person must not pursue a course of conduct - (a) which amounts to harassment of another, and (b) which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other."

Behaviour will only count as a course of conduct if it occurs on at least two occasions.  Alarming a person or causing a person distress amount to harassment.

There is also a special, more serious, offence of putting a person in fear of violence: "a person whose course of conduct causes another to fear, on at least two occasions, that violence will be used against him is guilty of an offence if he knows or ought to know that his course of conduct will cause the other so to fear on each of those occasions" (Section 4(1)).

However, the offences do not apply to a course of conduct pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime; nor do they apply to conduct pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment; nor do they apply where, in the particular circumstances, the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.

The 1997 Act was directed specifically at stalking, but it can easily apply to the actions of some internet trolls.

Harassment is a criminal offence, and can lead to a fine and/or imprisonment. It may also ground a civil claim for an injunction and/or damages.

In addition to the offences under there are other relevant harassment-related offences under the Public Order Act 1986 (as amended by the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994).

Note that under this legislation, additional penalties may apply in the case of harassment that is racially or religiously aggravated.

Malicious communications

Section 1(1) of the Malicious Communications Act 1988 provides that an offence is committed by any person who sends to another person, with the intention of causing distress or anxiety:

• an electronic communication which conveys a message which is indecent or grossly offensive, a threat, or information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender; or
    • any electronic communication which is, in whole or part, of an indecent or grossly offensive nature.

Electronic communication is specified to include any communication sent by an electronic communications network.

Wow...I did not realize UK law applies to the USA.
    My law professors have some 'splainin to do!
    😂
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Man, this is all rich. Happy Friday to me. Greatness. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    Options
    can't we all jsut get along?
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    @lousubcap I just got an email from Creekstone. They have a steak sale going on 😄

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @ColtsFan - got the same one but thanks for the back-up.  
    I am sitting on this sale right now as I am in the queue for a Heartbrand Beef Akaushi brisket call.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    @lousubcap I just got an email from Creekstone. They have a steak sale going on 😄

Isn't that like $26 per lb, on sale??  That seems like a lot for rib steak. I normally get good cuts for around $9 per lb at our local grocery store/butcher. They cut whatever thickness I want ... normally go for 1.5".
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @ColtsFan - got the same one but thanks for the back-up.  
    I am sitting on this sale right now as I am in the queue for a Heartbrand Beef Akaushi brisket call.  
    @ColtsFan - just landed the Akaushi brisket so I am sitting this one out.
    And @Mark_B_Good your math is correct and good for you to have a butcher that you can get such access.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
    Fahk
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Trying to plant organic corn for my neighbor 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    The old saying here in Nebr., before the prevalence of modern hybrids and/or GMO's, was "knee high by the 4th of July" for the corn crop.  Is it not late in the season to be getting corn in the ground?
    * I am not a farmer but truly interested.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    He is always behind, that is why I’m helping them out. However some people plant organic corn later in the season with the thought that most of the weeds have germinated. His only mode of action for weed control going forward will be row cultivation.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Watching Eurovision Song Contest on Netflix. Probably a bit strange for those of you not in Europe, but a good education if you don't know anything about Eurovision (yes, it really is like that).
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Harassment

Malicious communications

Wow...I did not realize UK law applies to the USA.
    My law professors have some 'splainin to do!
    😂
    I blame brexit.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.