Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    Options
    Picnic on that green ceramic thing 

Temp dialed in just the way I like it 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Glamping at it finest 👍
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,684
    Options
    @buzzvol we’ve had a good weekend for sure. Plan to grill some chicken breast later and use them to make quesadillas.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    It’s all about who you know, and you know a guy with a piggyback. Looks good man enjoy 
    He collects hay bales in the field and loads the hay trailers with it. Those things are very versatile. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy I’m worse than your dad. I average about 3400 miles a year on my pickup. My last Tacoma was a 2000 model. I bought it used in 2007 with 125K on it. When it got wrecked in December it had 165K. 

@lkapigian The peppers look great. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Botch said:
    gmanrva said:

I used to go TDY to Maryland quite often, and really learned to love hitting the crab shacks.  Those look like they've had their bottom halves ripped off, fresh out of the water; but I've never seen that before.  
    Is that common, or something new?  
    Cleaning the crabs while live is something I grew up doing and have been doing them this way for 40 years. I like it because you can get the old bay seasoning right into meat and eating them is much easier with less mess.  Problem is the WIFE will not eat them any other way now so it will spoil them.

LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Dehydrating Onions for Granulated onion powder

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,459
    Options
    Two chicks at the same time.

Must have a million bucks 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Today. Stuffed peppers. I did a dry lamb mince curry (chilli, cardoman, tumeric, garlic and ginger), reduced down in a pan to get rid of the excess moisture. Cook gently until the oil starts to separate and it sticks a bit, then a small amount of water to release the browned meat from the pan. Into the peppers and then cooked in the MMX with hickory chips to get a bit of smoke.

Love how you put the tops back on for cooking and serving.  I always toss them, but that makes a better presentation.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 383
    Options
    Two chicks at the same time.

Now they are resting.  Good eats await.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Today. Stuffed peppers. I did a dry lamb mince curry (chilli, cardoman, tumeric, garlic and ginger), reduced down in a pan to get rid of the excess moisture. Cook gently until the oil starts to separate and it sticks a bit, then a small amount of water to release the browned meat from the pan. Into the peppers and then cooked in the MMX with hickory chips to get a bit of smoke.

Love how you put the tops back on for cooking and serving.  I always toss them, but that makes a better presentation.
    It is presentation for this one, but also functional for a rice based filling as it stops the rice from drying out. The boys don't seem to have any trouble eating veg when it's stuffed with curried meat!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    Mowing in my home-made jorts. SWMBO was proud 😂

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,459
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Mowing in my home-made jorts. SWMBO was proud 😂

Not nearly enough thigh there sir. Need to be able to see bottoms of yer pockets
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,327
    Options
    Just froze 4 1/2 quarts of blueberries for later use. I have red beans and sausage on the indoor stove. Too wet and windy to use the Egg even if I weren’t 100 miles away. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Yes! Cool story as well. We live less than a block from the Stillwater location, which is nice because we can see how long the line is from our front porch. I think the child size serving is an accurate description -- since it it is the size of a small child (stolen from Parks and Rec). The Stillwater location is almost a century old, glad to see they're not skimping on portions at the St. Paul location.

Also, where do you get the 00 flour in St. Paul? We've been doing more baking since Covid-19 and have been wanting to give it a try. Thought maybe Cossetta's might carry it.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    Options
    @pgprescott glad you were able to do something this year!  Setup looks really nice 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Got some baby backs in the egg and put the new Blackstone cover my awesome wife bought me for my birthday on. 

I don’t ever recall blood oozing out of ribs but I also usually don’t open the lid during the cook like I did just now.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes! Cool story as well. We live less than a block from the Stillwater location, which is nice because we can see how long the line is from our front porch. I think the child size serving is an accurate description -- since it it is the size of a small child (stolen from Parks and Rec). The Stillwater location is almost a century old, glad to see they're not skimping on portions at the St. Paul location.

Also, where do you get the 00 flour in St. Paul? We've been doing more baking since Covid-19 and have been wanting to give it a try. Thought maybe Cossetta's might carry it.
    I didn't realize there was a Nelson's location in St. Paul until we looked to see if Nelson's was open in Stillwater. We were planning to go to Stillwater after St. Paul this afternoon. I might have been the only one who didn't know about the St. Paul location. They had a line going down a half block shortly after we ordered. One busy place! 

I've only ever found it locally at Cossetta's grocery. I tried a small Italian supermarket in North Minneapolis a few years back but they were in between ownership and I wasn't able to purchase any. They did carry it though. I've also seen a few people comment that Whole Foods carried 00 in the King Arthur brand but it wasn't consistent of true Italian 00 flour. (Or something like that)

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota