Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,241
    fence0407 said:
    Made some homemade salsa earlier for fajitas this evening. Forgot I touched the roasted jalapeno and scratched my eye. The burning is just now wearing off. ;)
    I have to laugh because my son has started prepping the ingredients for our meals.  Last week he diced a bunch of or fresh jalapeno for freezing.  He washed his hands, but not very well.  About 20 minutes later he rubbed his eyes.  He started freaking out and didn't know why his eyes were on fire.  It took about 20 min to get better.
    Lol I know the feeling! =)
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Full size Aussie? Have a 2 year old mini that’s a handful!
    Yup, full size.  He is a phenomenal dog.  I have never had a dog so easy to train and so driven to please.  Only problem is he was destined for the UK, so they did not dock his tail.  With him being around horses and other livestock, I would have preferred a docked tail.  It makes a handy place for cows to bite and grab on to.  Aside from that, this might be the last breed I ever own.
    Ours is loyal to a fault. No livestock, just kids. She protects them more than any other breed I’ve seen. Very wary of strangers. She too is eager to please and extremely smart. 
    Mini behavior sounds just like the bigger version!  Always wants to know right were every family member is. Here is what happens when a full size Aussie grows up with two 12lb JRTs.

Jo

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    Glad to see the reincarnation thread  is off to a running start 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    dbCooper said:
    @nolaegghead That looks wonderful.  We are big on eggplant here, do you happen to have a recipe for the casserole?

Sure do:

dbCooper said:
    @nolaegghead That looks wonderful.  We are big on eggplant here, do you happen to have a recipe for the casserole?

Sure do:

Thank you.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    Adding paternal (in-law) heft to pergola construction.  I would love to say I was there for guidance and pearls of wisdom but son in law is a diy genius. This does not do him justice but I am just seeking to fit in with the abundant talent on here. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Any plumbers on here?  I have a toilet question and would appreciate someone's counsel....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    thetrim said:
    Any plumbers on here?  I have a toilet question and would appreciate someone's counsel....
    Not a plumber, but get Toto and you will be happy.  Also if it is leaking it is the wax seal, and if it keeps dripping or is slow to fill then replace the float assembly.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @nolaegghead Thanks for the eggplant recipe!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 847
    thetrim said:
    Not a plumber, but know water runs downhill. Also, too much slope and the water will outrun the “solids.”
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    thetrim said:
    Not a plumber, but know water runs downhill. Also, too much slope and the water will outrun the “solids.”

Also, too little slope and the solids won't flow with the water.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    thetrim said:
    not a plumber but have experience of installing over half dozen toilets under my belt, also installed a bidet recently, ask away but follow half a** advice at your own risk 
    canuckland
  • FarmingPhD
    HeavyG said:
    thetrim said:

Also, too little slope and the solids won't flow with the water.
    Very true - need to be in the Goldilocks zone.....
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    Lots of toilet experts here I would imagine.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• thetrim
    I''ll throw it on here.  Nasty smell in the small toilet room.

I replaced the wax ring but not the mounting bolts.  They are very small.  I'm thinking I need a redo on this and get some bigger, better mounting bolts. 

Is there a need or benefit to caulking around the base as well?  Could that fix my stank issue?

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    BTW, my undercarriage smells great and is very clean.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • FarmingPhD
    Steaks and veggies

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Baleage (storing hay in plastic @ a higher moisture content) allows you to bale hay that you ordinarily would need to dry more.  The fermentation does add nutritive value.  Would normally bale @ less than 20% moisture.  Baleage is normally between 40% and 60% moisture.
    Is Baleage hay stored outside? I remember as a kid working on a farm where they made long bales that were string tied by the baler and stacked by hand on a wagon hooked to the back of the baler. We couldn't make any bales if there was dew or rain overnight for fear of the fermentation building up heat in the stacked bales stored in a barn and causing horrendous fires. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    could be that the p-trap in the sink went dry
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    could be that the p-trap in the sink went dry
    thetrim said:
    BTW, my undercarriage smells great and is very clean.
    But are your hands clean =)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    ColbyLang said:

Yup, full size.  He is a phenomenal dog.  I have never had a dog so easy to train and so driven to please.  Only problem is he was destined for the UK, so they did not dock his tail.  With him being around horses and other livestock, I would have preferred a docked tail.  It makes a handy place for cows to bite and grab on to.  Aside from that, this might be the last breed I ever own.
    Are dogs not allowed to have docked tails in the UK? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • FarmingPhD
    SamIAm2 said:
    Baleage (storing hay in plastic @ a higher moisture content) allows you to bale hay that you ordinarily would need to dry more.  The fermentation does add nutritive value.  Would normally bale @ less than 20% moisture.  Baleage is normally between 40% and 60% moisture.
    Is Baleage hay stored outside? I remember as a kid working on a farm where they made long bales that were string tied by the baler and stacked by hand on a wagon hooked to the back of the baler. We couldn't make any bales if there was dew or rain overnight for fear of the fermentation building up heat in the stacked bales stored in a barn and causing horrendous fires. 
    It’s wrapped in plastic to create an anaerobic environment.  Ferments until the oxygen is depleted and is why it shouldn’t catch fire.  If not wrapping/fermenting you want dry hay.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    gmanrva said:

I could do some serious damage to a bushel of blue crab right now. Awesome! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:

Are dogs not allowed to have docked tails in the UK? 
    Dogs in the UK cannot have any "cosmetic" modifications.  No docked tails, ears, or dew claws.  I do not know much about ears, but docked tails and dew claws have benefits for working dogs, so this is something I take issue with.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    thetrim said:
    I''ll throw it on here.  Nasty smell in the small toilet room.

I replaced the wax ring but not the mounting bolts.  They are very small.  I'm thinking I need a redo on this and get some bigger, better mounting bolts. 

Is there a need or benefit to caulking around the base as well?  Could that fix my stank issue?

I vote cracked p-trap or plugged vent on the sewer side of your plumbing.  Also check bathroom sink and shower/tube if you have one in the same room.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    Yup, full size.  He is a phenomenal dog.  I have never had a dog so easy to train and so driven to please.  Only problem is he was destined for the UK, so they did not dock his tail.  With him being around horses and other livestock, I would have preferred a docked tail.  It makes a handy place for cows to bite and grab on to.  
    I'm a Corgi fan, also a herding breed with their tails normally docked; never knew why until now, thanks!
    I really wish my boys had their tails, half a dog's communication comes through the tail, and I missed that.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,040
    Laughing at “Lady G” trending on Twitter.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    gmanrva said:

I used to go TDY to Maryland quite often, and really learned to love hitting the crab shacks.  Those look like they've had their bottom halves ripped off, fresh out of the water; but I've never seen that before.  
    Is that common, or something new?  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    Cooking bacon