Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Thanks for posting this. Now I actually have a fighting chance to keep up with this thing.
    I bookmarked the original thread so I can read it from the beginning, again. May have to hurry depending on how many new threads are created. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Glad this is back, Egg on.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Up at 1:15 CST when the painkillers wore off. Binge watching Netflix. Trying to decide the best approach to tell the wife I want to egg some wings at some point today. Will definitely need her help
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Up at 1:15 CST when the painkillers wore off. Binge watching Netflix. Trying to decide the best approach to tell the wife I want to egg some wings at some point today. Will definitely need her help
    Yikes!  Dare I ask what the painkillers are for?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Sadly John, I don’t know. Seem to get just as much relief from Tylenol. Have them due to emergency appendectomy 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Sadly John, I don’t know. Seem to get just as much relief from Tylenol. Have them due to emergency appendectomy 
    Well, I hope you at least get some wings out of the deal.  Good luck!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I’m not much of a baker, but finishing off the last piece of this tonight- Kentucky Derby chocolate pie 

Wish there was a "Hêll Yeah!" button.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:

Random recent mediocre cooks to be proudly buried on the second page of this thread for those in the future who wish to research the history of mediocrity in bbq culture.  Not everyone can be above average, despite what my mom has told me since kindergarten.

Thankfully none of the food fell off the grill or plate as my world has at times turned sideways as you can see.

Those are some great looking mediocre cooks, but what's sideways plate #1? Looks tasty.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Legume If that is mediocre, then you have raised the bar significantly and set a new standard for mediocrity. What’s in the lettuce, pic #1?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks @SciAggie and @caliking

The lettuce boat held the Asian pork belly burnt ends that floated around here recently.  That was a very distracted cook for me and what you see there were the salvageable bits that were not entirely charcoal.  They had a bit of chew to them, mediocre execution overstates that cook.
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    I’m not much of a baker, but finishing off the last piece of this tonight- Kentucky Derby chocolate pie 

Recipe perhaps??

Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

From a few nights ago, gochujang chicken thighs, roasted potatoes, and grilled zucchini.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

Recipe perhaps??

Appreciate it!

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Went Korean tonight
    Bibambap

Love it!
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Just ripped some rose bushes out, putting down some rock in the meantime before we add a slider with steps there. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Been checking the weather out down in Georgia. Keep your head down and stay safe.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    edited June 2020
    Options
    No pics, my apologies.   Been trying to wrap hay today and make haylage. It ferments when baled before it drys and wrapped tightly with plastic. Weather is not cooperating.  
      Grilled 2 pork chops from the hogs we recently slaughtered.  Looking forward to getting in for the night.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Doglegdave
    Doglegdave Posts: 29
    Options
    We’re @ the farm for a few days.  Mowed some pasture, sat in on a hay production webinar from Texas A&M and cut brush.  Brush never sleeps...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    Options
    Getting ready to muck stalls.  Temp finally cooled off to only 98.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Season 5, Episode 6

Might be a long night...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Season 5, Episode 6

Might be a long night...
    Of what show?  Smallville or Arrow?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Just put my my app in for 2021 Master tickets.  Fingers crossed.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    Been trying to wrap hay today and make haylage. It ferments when baled before it drys and wrapped tightly with plastic.  
    I did not know that.  [/Carson]
    Does the fermentation increase the nutritional value, or preserve the hay, or....?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    *may have eaten 9

hahaha. 

Looks good.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Thanks Saluki. You got one more competitor now!
    Signal Mountain, TN