Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    USA 28529. 24% higher than any other country with legit reporting.

That's assuming we are using legit reporting...
    No man, haven't you heard?  The libs (sheeple)  are juicing the numbers to scare the people into staying home so the economy tanks to make Trump look bad. Only republicans (patriots) are smart enough to see this.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,046
    Options

Wow.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Probably not surprisingly, states vary in how they report the data:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/which-deaths-count-toward-the-covid-19-death-toll-it-depends-on-the-state/2020/04/16/bca84ae0-7991-11ea-a130-df573469f094_story.html

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Acn said:
    YukonRon said:

Probably not surprisingly, states vary in how they report the data:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/which-deaths-count-toward-the-covid-19-death-toll-it-depends-on-the-state/2020/04/16/bca84ae0-7991-11ea-a130-df573469f094_story.html
    Agreed, plus they "probably" died of CV-19.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52303739

I'm in no trying to play our current situation down.  Just pointing out that not everything is always the way they seem....duh.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,249
    Options
    I know the WSJ leans to the right so many will immediately discount this article, but maybe, just maybe, Trump’s decision to withhold funding to the WHO wasn’t so rash after all. Maybe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-reckoning-for-the-who-11586990728?st=kk968tpecbfzgen&mod=openfreereg
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,362
    Options

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,821
    Options

Wow.

close one for me, got the money locked in yesterday. 2 page form they changed halfway thru and an inch and a half of paperwork for the bank to file it. accountants at home, health insurance people at home, my bankers at home. easy 2 page form my arse
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    Options
    CTMike said:
    I know the WSJ leans to the right so many will immediately discount this article, but maybe, just maybe, Trump’s decision to withhold funding to the WHO wasn’t so rash after all. Maybe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-reckoning-for-the-who-11586990728?st=kk968tpecbfzgen&mod=openfreereg

No doubt a large bureaucratic multinational organization like the WHO isn't going to be perfect.

Another take:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,367
    Options
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 
    Right.  If so it makes perfect sense to pull our money out, so that China can have ... more influence?  Oh wait...
  • Dobie
    Options
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 
    Right.  If so it makes perfect sense to pull our money out, so that China can have ... more influence?  Oh wait...
    So the plan is to continue to throw good money after bad....got it.
    Jacksonville FL
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 

I guess it's only fair that someone else gets the chance seeing how they were the US's lapdog for the last sixty plus years.

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 

I guess it's only fair that someone else gets the chance seeing how they were the US's lapdog for the last sixty plus years.
    If we are footing the bill work for us not against us. Only the Trump haters would somehow spin it as him being mean for cutting the funding to the WHO for helping China cover it up. This virus has killed 135k people and counting but no one gives a damn about the origin. 
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 

One is a Communist authoritarian dictatorship and the other is not 
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Bill Gates, documented Trump hater and China apologist:

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 

If we are footing the bill work for us not against us. Only the Trump haters would somehow spin it as him being mean for cutting the funding to the WHO for helping China cover it up. This virus has killed 135k people and counting but no one gives a damn about the origin. 
    Probably because understanding that the virus started in Wuhan isn't terribly helpful to people who currently have pneumonia in say... Lexington... whereas making sure there are enough ventilators at the local hospital actually is.  I'm just spitballing here...
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options

Cool, if he thinks its that important he can stroke a check for the withheld funds. Shouldn't dent his bank account too much. Problem solved
  • g8golfer
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina if the US proves that the virus was started in a lab and it was mishandled by the Chinese and the WHO helped cover it up would you agree with cutting the funding? 
  • Dobie
    Options

Bill can fund WHO for a century without US help, let him.
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• g8golfer
    Options
    @Foghorn well said. I agree 100%. This whole situation is terrible for everyone no matter the ending. 
  • Acn
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 

Why do it now?  Given that this is a global pandemic why try and hamper the largest international health organization that is trying to contain the outbreak and coordinate information from 200-odd member states?  Why not continue support during this time, and once the current crisis is contained withhold funding pending an independent audit?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• g8golfer
    Options
    Acn said:
    g8golfer said:
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 

Why do it now?  Given that this is a global pandemic why try and hamper the largest international health organization that is trying to contain the outbreak and coordinate information from 200-odd member states?  Why not continue support during this time, and once the current crisis is contained withhold funding pending an independent audit?
    If your spouse cheats on you and you catch them just continue to act like normal. Sleep in the same bed, live together and act like you love each other but after the divorce is final you can hate them. Seems about right. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Acn said:
    g8golfer said:
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 

Well said. He is campaigning and needs a scape goat to deflect the spotlight on his dismal performance as a leader. 
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure China has done some things wrong but we have way bigger fish to fry right now. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Acn
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Acn said:
    g8golfer said:
    HeavyG said:
    Dobie said:
    WHO is China’s lap dog. 

If your spouse cheats on you and you catch them just continue to act like normal. Sleep in the same bed, live together and act like you love each other but after the divorce is final you can hate them. Seems about right. 
    If you're currently fighting off zombies, sure.  Otherwise not even remotely similar.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    g8golfer said:

Oh, for fu&ks sake.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,225
    edited April 2020
    Options
    g8golfer said:

I appreciate that Bill and Melinda’s foundation dropped mega money (Billions and billions as Cheeto would say) to expedite a vaccine. 

With that being said, that meme is pretty dang funny. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    @JohnInCarolina if the US proves that the virus was started in a lab and it was mishandled by the Chinese and the WHO helped cover it up would you agree with cutting the funding? 
    You weren’t asking me.....but.....

Demanding a change in leadership with U.N. support seems much more reasonable than the US abdicating its role as a major player on the world stage. The “shining city on a hill” and all that Jazz seems to be a lost ideal. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA