Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If it wasn’t real for you yet

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    It's not a real National tragedy unless John set's up a post on the egghead forum to try and blame it on Trump. 

Didn't see anything like this when Barack f'ed up H1N1 named for Hillary and Michelle (swine flu).  Or when they got the four guys kilt off in Libya.  Benghazi?  Who?  Who cares, anyway?
    Everything about our anemic response is on him. Give me anything he has gotten right in his entire response....

Some of his speeches alone spooked Wall Street and gave the Dow double digit percentage losses in a single day.  You should party for that.  Your boy Bill Maher (sp) has been begging (I would say praying, but...) for a recession as that is the alleged only hope for a corpse Biden win in November.....

C'mon tell us how happy you really are.

C'mon lay it how how happy you are when **** things are happening to America. 

Don't be a pu$$y, be proud of hating your country like Barack and Mike were...

Pile up the bodies....  As the body count grows, hopefully Trump's approval numbers will fall....

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited March 2020
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    It's not a real National tragedy unless John set's up a post on the egghead forum to try and blame it on Trump. 

Didn't see anything like this when Barack f'ed up H1N1 named for Hillary and Michelle (swine flu).  Or when they got the four guys kilt off in Libya.  Benghazi?  Who?  Who cares, anyway?
    Everything about our anemic response is on him. Give me anything he has gotten right in his entire response....

Getting people like you and John to root for American death, so you can try in your feeble minds to blame them on him.  How high do you want to body count to go?

Since I had no response to my last post I will consider there was no man to respond. I will rest my case with this.
    https://www.wral.com/imaginary-clock-governors-reject-trumps-virus-timeline/19027298/

He did that and still is not giving the MDs what they need and are asking for. They are screaming for help and he is running a campaign. Hey skippy where's that ship he promised without asking anyone that matered what it's status was. 
    He was briefed weeks ago and said it was nothing and would go away. Really dude I thought you might be smarter than this.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Legume said:
    :rofl:
    Virus Tuesday is the new Friday.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 218
    Options
    How many dead so far?
    Memphis, TN
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Getting people like you and John to root for American death, so you can try in your feeble minds to blame them on him.  How high do you want to body count to go?
    FFS Steve, nobody wants to see anyone die from this.  
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Legume said:
    :rofl:
    Virus Tuesday is the new Friday.
    I have a feeling every day is going to be Friday for a while.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    HeavyG said:
    NCSmoky said:

At least Pelosi is sending forth a bill that clearly enumerates how much money is being pissed away to unrelated special interest groups.
    Moscow Mitch prefers that we just give Trump a trillion dollar slush fund that he can then decide who gets money and then doesn't even have to tell the taxpayers where that money is going for at least six months (if ever).

FIFY

Any time ANY politician throws taxpayer money around it is intended for a "special interest group". That's how the sausage is made.
    Certainly every one of the groups on Pelosi's list has staff and vendors and contractors to pay. Isn't the whole point of this gift stimulus package to stimulate the economy via ensuring spending continues?
    Have you tracked down and highlighted any of the Republican special interest spending in the bill? Just curious.
    Personally, I'd have fewer problems with  the "slush fund" approach as long as there was a real time publicly accessible website showing/naming EVERY applicant and what dollar amount they are requesting and the applicant providing very specific details on how they are planning to spend the money. They should also be required to provide an auditable trail so their spending can be matched/verified with their originally stated intents.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Phaqallyall
    Phaqallyall Posts: 128
    Options
    All this BS about "Pelosi's bill" is designed to take your eye off the ball.  Calling it "Pelosi's bill" is just a way to demonize it.  Don't fall for it.  It's out of committee, which is to say there has been a lot of people who have worked on it.

Anyway, here are the differences that should matter people:

Senate bill: $1200 per person
    House bill: $1500 per person

In the House bill higher earners need to pay part of it back eventually.  No such provision on the Senate side.

Health care providers and community health centers would receive about $150 billion in the House bill, while hospitals would get an additional $80 billion in low-interest loans. The House bill is more in line with industry requests, compared to the $75 billion Senate Republicans have offered. The House bill would also waive treatment costs, abandon certain barriers to accessing medicines and provide safety protections for health workers.

The House bill gives the unemployed an extra $600 per week on top of state or federal benefits in order to replace 100 percent of lost wages. The measure would also extend paid sick leave benefits to cover individuals, such as health care workers and first responders, who were cut out of Congress’ second coronavirus response.  

The two stimulus drafts emerging from both chambers present markedly different stimulus tax plans, with House Democrats omitting the payroll tax suspension included in the Senate GOP bill. The Democratic plan would also expand health insurance premium tax credits under the Affordable Care Act and beef up the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit and the Dependent Care Credit.

sound it out yaidjit
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    NCSmoky said:
    HeavyG said:
    NCSmoky said:

At least Pelosi is sending forth a bill that clearly enumerates how much money is being pissed away to unrelated special interest groups.
    Moscow Mitch prefers that we just give Trump a trillion dollar slush fund that he can then decide who gets money and then doesn't even have to tell the taxpayers where that money is going for at least six months (if ever).

FIFY

Any time ANY politician throws taxpayer money around it is intended for a "special interest group". That's how the sausage is made.
    Certainly every one of the groups on Pelosi's list has staff and vendors and contractors to pay. Isn't the whole point of this gift stimulus package to stimulate the economy via ensuring spending continues?
    Have you tracked down and highlighted any of the Republican special interest spending in the bill? Just curious.
    Personally, I'd have fewer problems with  the "slush fund" approach as long as there was a real time publicly accessible website showing/naming EVERY applicant and what dollar amount they are requesting and the applicant providing very specific details on how they are planning to spend the money. They should also be required to provide an auditable trail so their spending can be matched/verified with their originally stated intents.
    I have not seen the senate bill, but am sure it is loaded with crap also. The problem is that none of this is "stimulus" if 156 million people (currently) can't leave their houses. This is nothing more than propping up the house of cards. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited March 2020
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Maybe if you're really lucky, you can mind a mutation on the virus to start killing off kids.  I think the swine flu got about 2,000.  Maybe you'll get lucky and have Covid take down more than that.  There were probably at least that many killed in Planned Parenthood clinics around the country in the last few days.
    LA county, one of the hardest hit areas of California in fatality numbers, added 3 more today; one was an 8 year old girl.

Covid 19, has now checked that box. 

It really was just a matter of time for it to happen in the USA, it has happened previously in other countries battling this pandemic. 

Stay safe, wash your hands and check on your parents, and the other elderly, we know it kills them.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 218
    Options
    Never let a crisis go to waste.
    Memphis, TN
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    I am not gonna get into the current bill debate.  But every time I see our highest government elected official at the mike it turns into a weak lack of leadership show.
    Reminds of a phrase that should be engaged now (too late for a redo), "When in charge, be in charge."  That requires responsibility and ownership.  Not gonna see it here and that will lead to an extended recovery and execution plan.  FWIW- "Go Cheeto, go!"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    HighHeat said:
    How many dead so far?
    Globally, by continent, by region, by state or province or by county?

Currently of the completed cases, those which have been released from medical care, account for 85% survival rate, the dead make up 15% of the cases thus far, well over 15,000, as of today.

96% of the current cases are classified as mild, 4% are critical, basically no hope of survival. Estimates based on previous data suggests of the 96% that are classified as mild symptoms, 1/4 will go to critical, due to age and other Mortability factors.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Phaqallyall
    edited March 2020
    Options

The jokes write themselves.
    sound it out yaidjit
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    edited March 2020
    Options
    2t in new real (M1) fiat money to people pockets, more to the deeper pockets than shallow, 4t in new funny (m5) money to the credit markets.  fed is out of bullets at zero rates and more funny money has to come.
    where it come from, where it go, how it gets back, the m5 money,  no perpetual motion that we know.    gonna be many in hurt box.
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • Phaqallyall
    Options
    “Usually we’ll have 50 governors that will call it the same time. I think we are doing very well. But it’s a two-way street. They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, “Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.” We’re doing a great job. Like in New York where we’re building, as I said, four hospitals, four medical centers. We’re literally building hospitals and medical centers. And then I hear that there’s a problem with ventilators. Well we sent them ventilators. And they could have had 15,000 or 16,000 – all they had to do was order them two years ago. But they decided not to do it. They can’t blame us for that.” - your President Trump, today.
    sound it out yaidjit
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JonWesson
    Options
    more vents and hospitals not needed in ny if trump and congress both r and d act on what they know in jan.     but they do not so we here now.
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Maybe if you're really lucky, you can mind a mutation on the virus to start killing off kids.  I think the swine flu got about 2,000.  Maybe you'll get lucky and have Covid take down more than that.  There were probably at least that many killed in Planned Parenthood clinics around the country in the last few days.
    Uh... whut???

Trying to wrap my brain around this drivel, but its not happening. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    caliking said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Uh... whut???

Trying to wrap my brain around this drivel, but its not happening. 
    This is the result of a heavy diet of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    edited March 2020
    Options
    18,891 dead thus far. Another 339 people died in 7 hours.
    48 people an hour. 
    Come on Easter. It will all be over by then.
    Mortality rate on closed cases is 15% and climbing

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    18,891 dead thus far. Another 339 people died in 7 hours.
    48 people an hour. 
    Come on Easter. It will all be over by then.
    This is one of the better trackers I've seen.
    https://bing.com/covid
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    Options

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JonWesson
    Options
    those on deathbed ask for help nicely can be for sure.   but answer is no due to why.    those that could have did not prepare usa  to give help.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    JonWesson said:
    those on deathbed ask for help nicely can be for sure.   but answer is no due to why.    those that could have did not prepare usa  to give help.
    What fvckin language is this?  I don't understand it at all.
    Options
    Bad "yoda"?