Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If it wasn’t real for you yet

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited March 2020
    I just re-read my coronavirus thread that I started on the 3rd (sunk on the 4th, page 7 now). What a difference 17 days made; many of us were still planning on business trips/vacations, TP shortages were still a joke, and the total number of deaths (both worldwide and in the US) were a tiny fraction of what they are now.  

And I also had to chuckle: mentioned in my OP that I had enough food to go for a month, more water than that but the water was for an earthquake, not CV.  Then utard gets hit with a 5.7 less than two weeks later!   :o 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:

I am a very conservative political voter and even more so socially conservative. I am just dumbfounded at how people, some of which are successful, smart people and well educated, yet think so crazily. That said, I do believe there are those who will use ANY reason to blame Trump....

Maybe I am just crazy too....

And those people who will use any reason to defend Trump, such as the "made up" democratic conspiracy using Covid19 as a plot to steal the election, you know, what he called "fake news" and "no threat" and "completely under control", up until a week ago, when the financial sector showed their faith in his leadership capabilities. Lest we forget, all the other instances, weekly, since becoming president.

Those people.

I am dumbfounded, too, on the people that has not seen through this man, and even after this, they still do not.

FYI, for those who care:

My soapbox is an empty case of Chateau Mouton Rothschild Pauillac Red Bordeaux Blend, 1945.
    Sometimes I make myself laugh by reading your posts in Clem Kadiddlehopper's voice. 
    I am certain, by the time this president is removed from office, many more vaudeville era voices will be mastered by you to make yourself laugh.

Good to know my contributions are a must read for you. Nice hanging out in your head, comfortable and plenty of room.

Clem
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    Botch said:
    I just re-read my coronavirus thread that I started on the 3rd (sunk on the 4th, page 7 now). What a difference 17 days made; many of us were still planning on business trips/vacations, TP shortages were still a joke, and the total number of deaths (both worldwide and in the US) were a tiny fraction of what they are now.  

And I also had to chuckle: mentioned in my OP that I had enough food to go for a month, more water than that but the water was for an earthquake, not CV.  Then utard gets hit with a 5.7 less than two weeks later!   :o 
    I just took another look at your thread, and there are some galactically bad takes in there.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

I am a very conservative political voter and even more so socially conservative. I am just dumbfounded at how people, some of which are successful, smart people and well educated, yet think so crazily. That said, I do believe there are those who will use ANY reason to blame Trump....

And those people who will use any reason to defend Trump, such as the "made up" democratic conspiracy using Covid19 as a plot to steal the election, you know, what he called "fake news" and "no threat" and "completely under control", up until a week ago, when the financial sector showed their faith in his leadership capabilities. Lest we forget, all the other instances, weekly, since becoming president.

Those people.

I am dumbfounded, too, on the people that has not seen through this man, and even after this, they still do not.

FYI, for those who care:

My soapbox is an empty case of Chateau Mouton Rothschild Pauillac Red Bordeaux Blend, 1945.
    Sometimes I make myself laugh by reading your posts in Clem Kadiddlehopper's voice. 
    I am certain, by the time this president is removed from office, many more vaudeville era voices will be mastered by you to make yourself laugh.

Good to know my contributions are a must read for you. Nice hanging out in your head, comfortable and plenty of room.

Clem
    I really don't care for this President like you think and my mind is a real bad neighborhood. Despite what you think it is possible to be socially conservative and educated. Carry on. 

Robb 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    lousubcap said:
    What hits me is the "this isn't right" feeling I get every time I drive around.  Lack of traffic, businesses shuttered.  The true uncertainty is a concern. 
    Keep your seatbelt fastened as this ride is just getting underway.  
    Getting more uncertain daily. Businesses shuttering here. Some will be permanently unfortunately. These places can’t go 1 week closed, much less 1 month
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Those people.

FYI, for those who care:

Clem
    I really don't care for this President like you think and my mind is a real bad neighborhood. Despite what you think it is possible to be socially conservative and educated. Carry on. 

Robb 
    I'd like to have a conversation about principled social conservatism sometime, now isn't the time though.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Those people.

FYI, for those who care:

Clem

Robb 
    I'd like to have a conversation about principled social conservatism sometime, now isn't the time though.
    I would love to be included in this conversation, perhaps over dinner, I will pick up the check. 

No hard feelings.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited March 2020
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Those people.

FYI, for those who care:

Clem

Robb 
    I would love to be included in this conversation, perhaps over dinner, I will pick up the check. 

No hard feelings.
    What wine (93+ of course) pairs well with social conservatism? 
  • dmchicago said:

Interesting to see flags affixed to posts containing factual photos (unless I’m missing something) and devoid of any commentary. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    dmchicago said:

Interesting to see flags affixed to posts containing factual photos (unless I’m missing something) and devoid of any commentary. 
    Yeah, facts and truth don't seem to matter much any more.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Those people.

FYI, for those who care:

Clem

Robb 
    I'd like to have a conversation about Tay and that jet of hers but now probably wouldn't be the time either.  :D  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    KiterTodd said:
    Botch said:
    That's been the case, for me, ever since I signed up for Prime.  :angry:
    Yeah, Prime used to always mean you got it in 2 days.  Now it means "not a week".  Its stupid the things that come up as "prime" but then when you look at the delivery date...   not so much.   And that was before the beer virus...

That's why I didn't renew my Prime membership a year ago. Things typically arrive just as fast without Prime.
    I have not regretted my cancellation a single day.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Time for the Great Pumpkin sunshine update.  After consulting with Peyton Manning, he’s about to recommend “just rub some dirt on it” I believe it just may work.  I have a great feeling about it.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Here the NHS has annexed 8,000 beds and nearly 20,000 staff from the private hospital sector to deal with expected demand. 
  • Botch
    GregW said:
    KiterTodd said:
    Botch said:
    Yeah, Prime used to always mean you got it in 2 days.  Now it means "not a week".  Its stupid the things that come up as "prime" but then when you look at the delivery date...   not so much.   And that was before the beer virus...

That's why I didn't renew my Prime membership a year ago. Things typically arrive just as fast without Prime.
    I had been considering dropping Prime, but it is my movie source, so I'm not  paying for Netflix.  The convenience of the Echo, to me, is very valuable, and I can verbally request any style of music anywhere in the house, with a bigger selection than SiriusXM (which only recently is available on the Echoes).  And I just realized a couple weeks ago I can also request any Amazon Music through my phone, plugged into my car, and have it play thru the car stereo; won't be renewing my $150/yr SiriusXM again.
    So I'm keeping Prime.  For now.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Botch said:
    GregW said:
    KiterTodd said:
    Botch said:

I had been considering dropping Prime, but it is my movie source, so I'm not  paying for Netflix.  The convenience of the Echo, to me, is very valuable, and I can verbally request any style of music anywhere in the house, with a bigger selection than SiriusXM (which only recently is available on the Echoes).  And I just realized a couple weeks ago I can also request any Amazon Music through my phone, plugged into my car, and have it play thru the car stereo; won't be renewing my $150/yr SiriusXM again.

That's insane for Sirius. I just renewed like I always do, every 6 months.

Start by calling and telling them you want to cancel.

They will ask why. I tell them that I LOVE it but don't want to pay full price.

Like magic, they will keep you at your promo rate.

Just remember to set a calendar alert for 5 days before your renew date.

My deal:

Today's Purchase Details
    Package/PlanSubscription TermCharges
    Sirius Select Lite (6 Month - Promo)03/13/2020 - 09/13/2020$33.00
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    dmchicago said:
    Botch said:
    And I just realized a couple weeks ago I can also request any Amazon Music through my phone, plugged into my car, and have it play thru the car stereo; won't be renewing my $150/yr SiriusXM again.

That's insane for Sirius. I just renewed like I always do, every 6 months.

Start by calling and telling them you want to cancel.

They will ask why. I tell them that I LOVE it but don't want to pay full price.

Like magic, they will keep you at your promo rate.

Just remember to set a calendar alert for 5 days before your renew date.

My deal:

Today's Purchase Details
    Package/PlanSubscription TermCharges
    Sirius Select Lite (6 Month - Promo)03/13/2020 - 09/13/2020$33.00
    Hmm.  My first six months were free (when I bought my car) and then they offered me an "additional", promo-rate of $60/6 months (no idea you could get it for $33), and I agreed to that if they let me go 1 year (so I didn't have to deal with them over the phone so often) for $120, and they tacked on some "taxes/handling fees"...
    Regardless, I'll write "Cancel" on the next bill and forget about them (I no longer pay for things with a CC that can be "auto-billed", I use checks (and this includes mag subscriptions from Amazon)).   

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GregW
    Botch said:
    GregW said:
    KiterTodd said:
    Botch said:

Canceling was an easy choice for me, I don't use their video or music services.
    I have a few Echo devices and the Echo for the car. I found no end to the frustration of the car Echo. I didn't realize that I was capable of full-blown rage at an electronic device. I found myself screaming and shaking my fist at the car Echo.
    It would be nice if Amazon would unbundle the delivery service from the video/music. 
  • Botch
    @GregW :  Once you cancelled Prime, did your Echo devices still respond to requests like:
    "Alexa, set alarm for 5 am tomorrow"
    "Alexa, set timer for 7 minutes"
    "Alexa, play News"
    ?
    I'd cancel too, if the Echo devices still worked with the above commands.  Let me know, thanks!  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Botch said:
    @GregW :  Once you cancelled Prime, did your Echo devices still respond to requests like:
    "Alexa, play News"
    ?
    I'd cancel too, if the Echo devices still worked with the above commands.  Let me know, thanks!  
    I'd be surprised if you needed a Prime membership for alarm and timer commands to work.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GregW
    edited March 2020
    Botch said:
    "Alexa, play News"
    ?
    I believe it all still works. I will verify tomorrow and reply back. 
    I do know that when I was testing the cursed Echo Auto, it still worked in the car to play Spotify, this was without Prime. I also used it for audiobooks I bought on Amazon.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    When I bought my subaru, I got like 3 or 6 months free Sirius xm radio with it. At the end of the free trial, I told them I didnt want to renew. They kept calling, I blocked their numbers, I still have xm radio that I've never paid for. It's been over a year now. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I'm been a big fan of Sirius Radio forever but just cancelled when I got a new car .  Don't miss it as much as I thought, and $20/month is a case and a half of Busch Lite.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    thetrim said:
    I'm been a big fan of Sirius Radio forever but just cancelled when I got a new car .  Don't miss it as much as I thought, and $20/month is a case and a half of Busch Lite.
    If you didn't pi$$ the $$ away on light/lite beer it would be an even better deal   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Ok, the $20/month is a half a bottle of some really good bourbon.  How's that, @lousubcap?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95