Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    If I took more pics, I’d have to post a thread about it, so just took one to prove it happened =)

biscuits from scratch and  sausage gravy. Homemade lemon pineapple and grapefruit marmalades on the side (lemons and grapefruit from a colleague’s trees).

Great Sunday brekka!

You’ve got great biscuits, @caliking. Your baked goods look pretty good too. 😁
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just enjoying one of the last cold winter days here in Biloxi. It is a little chilly at 86 degrees but it is a beautiful day just the same. Thought I would get out and enjoy it. 

Pictures are a little sloppy for sure. Forgive me my friends. I had a tad to much to drink. Enjoy your day my friends 👍
    Enjoy brother. Looks like you have the place all to yourself. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @SGH If no one else is there it’s still social distancing, right? You’re a smart guy...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Came to Sam's to get some butts to smoke today, place is packed with people buying Kleenex and napkins 
    But are there plenty of butts left?  That’s what matters man!
    I grabbed 3 pork butts, there were probably 30 in the case. Then I went to target and got a new universal remote. 

Two of the butts are in the egg going turbo 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Got the home office half asz setup. Good enough to work out of for the interim. Probably smoke a butt tomorrow. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Wondering how many companies are going to offer an at home work option after this...

Also wondering how long its going to take for things to settle back to normal or if this will truly become a coronapocalypse 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Waiting for the Egg to warm up.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Botch said:

Ha Ha
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Watching the ZZ Top documentary on Netflix. Awesome.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Pastrami coming off the smoker and into the pressure cooker for the finish. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options

Botch said:
    Caption Contest!  

...And that’s why the chicken came before the egg.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    The Wynn and Encore have announced a total closure for at least two weeks...
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    Ummmm nice deck @Sea2Ski, columns, railing, view. I hear ya!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    It is about 55F out and I am in the sun while the egg is in the shade. I am sipping a beer and making sure the egg does not roll away. 

I used red eye express on my roast beef which is normal for me. I pulled it off the egg. 

I tasted the dripping with my finger and it has a peppery finish. Then I took a sip of my beer. Holy crap!  For those that do not know, the red eye is a coffee based rub. I was drinking a java latte stout. What a match made in heaven!  How did I not put this together?  I am an idiot.....  
    look on the bright side, you will be up all night thinkn about it. Cheers!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    caliking said:
    If I took more pics, I’d have to post a thread about it, so just took one to prove it happened =)

biscuits from scratch and  sausage gravy. Homemade lemon pineapple and grapefruit marmalades on the side (lemons and grapefruit from a colleague’s trees).

Great Sunday brekka!

Showed this to My Beautiful Wife

Commented they looked awesome.

Sleeping with one eye open tonight. Gloves are on the ice.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    Just wondering.... Everyone send to be taking this all in stride, which is good to see. I was, but over the weekend I'm honestly worried. Things like job security, newborn health, 2 year old daycare, managing working from home, etc. 

I am starting to really feel the anxiety and it sucks...
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just wondering.... Everyone send to be taking this all in stride, which is good to see. I was, but over the weekend I'm honestly worried. Things like job security, newborn health, 2 year old daycare, managing working from home, etc. 

I am starting to really feel the anxiety and it sucks...
    We all do. We have shuttered all of our business in Europe and Asia.... 

And we are starting to do so in NA.

I am on a global leadership CC to our people covering the rest of the world, telling them the risk is too great.

We do not want anyone to risk their health, their families health...or lives.

People still believe this is just the typical flu......those are the scariest people out there, I think.

This is not political, this is biological.

Stay safe.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    Thanks. I have many friends in their 30s who are single. They really do think this is just a flu. I really need to practice some relaxation techniques. 
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.