Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Getting ready to haul my last load of corn to the helevator. Harvest is finally over, it was all day everyday for 24 days. Mom flew in and drove the auger cart during corn.  My 15yo nephew had his first solo flight in the combine this year, with him at the sticks and mom driving auger cart production continued while I was hauling. I am looking forward to next year when he has his drivers license.
      Absolutely looking forward to firing up the BGE!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    Smokey Skies.@LAX

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Eoin said:
    @Eoin.. Good luck on Saturday. I think this is the strongest English rugby team I have seen in a long time. I think its going to be won or lost up front. Lets hope we see a great game... Go Springboks !!!!
    We hate to be optimistic over here, but we are playing well and have several players with star quality.  The NZ game was as complete a performance as I've seen from England, not just grinding out a win, but winning with style.
    Going to be a very different game.  Where the AB's play open and attacking rugby the Saffa's are more rugged and utilitarian.  Not to say the AB's don't know a tactical foul,  the Saffa's will just grind and clout you all over the pitch.  We will need to keep our backs very involved.
    Looking forward to it,  the only losers will be Saracens - with 9 of their 1st XV in the final!
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Don’t leave your car unattended in downtown Atlanta. It’s where the players play. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Don’t leave your car unattended in downtown Atlanta. It’s where the players play. 

I could maybe see if it's a Falcons players car. Might as well save a dumpster. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @DoubleEgger What's the story with this?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited October 2019
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    They are filming Walking Dead today. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    They are filming Walking Dead today. 

Well that's boring.
    I was hoping it had something to do with a fight over the last taco's from that food truck before it ran out.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited October 2019
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Smokey Skies.@LAX

Quite sad really. Got a buddy coming in from Mill Valley for the week.. Had to delay a couple days cause they were cutting off power and didn’t want to return to stank chicken. A shame about the wine country. We will all need to band together and help @YukonRon stay off the bridge.....on a good note....he likes French wines too. 

Stay safe brother.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    BIL parents were evacuated, rounded up their elder neighbor and went to a friends, only to be evacuated again that night.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Watching game six.  It’s a good one.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Looking at espresso machines for the house. So many choice, so many mixed reviews. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Looking at espresso machines for the house. So many choice, so many mixed reviews. 
    Start a coffee thread, sure way to get upsold.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Game 6 is getting REAL good right now!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Freshly roasted beans and a decent burr grinder are most important. Then all you need is an aeropress / french press / dripper etc. to make the coffee.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @Eoin is right, freshly roasted beans ground directly before brewing will probably have the greatest impact on the espresso. 

I ended up getting a dedicated burr grinder for use with my espresso (breville espresso maker) and Chemex — I’ve been very happy with it but if you’re willing to spend some more coin there are many better options out there. One of the primary features that I wish I had was a dual boiler unit. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Freshly roasted beans and a decent burr grinder are most important. Then all you need is an aeropress / french press / dripper etc. to make the coffee.
    I have an aeropress, been using it with mixed results. Doesnt even come close to a real shot of espresso though. 

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    Yeah, you technically need pressure to get the right extraction for espresso.
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Which you can mildly simulate by rapidly depressing the plunger google tells me, but with mixed results like @milesvdustin mentioned
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    If i push too hard on the aeropress it makes a big mess 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If i push too hard on the aeropress it makes a big mess 
    That's what she said.
    Options
    Legume said:
    Start a coffee thread, sure way to get upsold.
    Too late.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I just saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    I just saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand.
    I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    And his hair was perfect. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    At the airport.  Headed to Ann Arbor for a couple of days.  NSF Workshop.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    At the airport.  Headed to Ann Arbor for a couple of days.  NSF Workshop.
    Obligatory Ann Arbor is a whore comment.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SmokeyLopey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Game 6 is getting REAL good right now!
    Thanks for the heads up--I tuned into the game and enjoyed the way it turned out! I'm really a Braves fan, but will root for the NL team in the World Series.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Planning out the MLB games that I am going to next year. Houston plays in Pheonix, several times in Anahiem and may even make it to Oakland if I feel like taking a risk traveling to Oakland.
    Las Vegas, NV