Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    With Election Day next Tues and all state-wide races on the ballot, I am aggressively "call blocking" all the "Unavailable" calls with numbers that roll in.  With my system (land line) I cannot just block the word "Unavailable" on the caller ID.  That would be too easy.    
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    With Election Day next Tues and all state-wide races on the ballot, I am aggressively "call blocking" all the "Unavailable" calls with numbers that roll in.  With my system (land line) I cannot just block the word "Unavailable" on the caller ID.  That would be too easy.    
    Here you can easily block unidentified numbers. Call spammers use random number IDs so they don't get blocked. Fortunately political robo calls don't seem to be a thing here (yet).
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    Here you can easily block unidentified numbers. Call spammers use random number IDs so they don't get blocked. Fortunately political robo calls don't seem to be a thing here (yet).
    We've passed laws to allow telecommunication companies to thwart the robocalls.  Our telecommunication providers have yet to exercise that ability on a widespread scale, though.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    We've passed laws to allow telecommunication companies to thwart the robocalls.  Our telecommunication providers have yet to exercise that ability on a widespread scale, though.
    Political robocalls are specifically exempted from US National Do Not Call Registry so blocking them is up to the recipient to take measures to block them.
    Being an old guy that still has a landline/answering machine proves to be an advantage during sill season - calls go directly to answering machine so they're really just a minor nuisance. Having Caller ID pop up on the tv is also pretty useful as it immediately let's us know if a call is one to just ignore.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I just saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand.
    I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    And his hair was perfect. 
    DIT!
    Options
    Suffering thru the first few minutes of 4 hours of Joe Buck.   I’ll keep my thoughts to myself.    This could end badly.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    At least this is game 7 although that does equate to seven weeks of the No Fun League!  Cris Collinsworth has over half the season and playoffs in front of him.  I am old and I have a lawn but like you I can't stand them.  Mute works well with the pace of baseball. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Just Curious:  what's the percentage of World Series that don't go to Game 7?  I don't follow baseball enough to know, but I have a theory...

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Game 6 is getting REAL good right now!
    Thanks for the heads up--I tuned into the game and enjoyed the way it turned out! I'm really a Braves fan, but will root for the NL team in the World Series.
    Houston is an NL team, they just got lost somewhere along the way during inter league play due to road construction in Houston.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Crazy first 15 minutes on the MLS eastern championship. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @lkapigian - whatever it takes to deliver the goods.  No worries with your skill-set.  That's a healthy brisket right there.  Lookin good. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - whatever it takes to deliver the goods.  No worries with your skill-set.  That's a healthy brisket right there.  Lookin good. 
    Thanks @lousubcap my friend 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Enjoying some baseball 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Me and my wife are quite pleased with the results of WS2019.
    Now, just hoping we can keep Rendon and Strasburg for years to come.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to the NHL or NFL but this made me chuckle...

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Fahkin Astros!   Damn that!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Rendon and Sosa to the Yankees real quick like. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Or the Red Sox. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I'd do it again, easy hack

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Watching it snow....
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Re thinking my decision to have a fire tonight with the family. Currently 35 degrees and dropping, steady 15mph wind with 30mph gusts. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Annual Halloween tradition from last night 

Apparently during trick or treat time it will be 42 degrees with wind and the wife still wants to take our kid!! Trying to figure out how to skip that, stay home and drink bourbon, but if I don’t go I know there will be consequences...I guess to go bourbon might be my plan.
    My old neighborhood was great about having "Rummy Bears" and other alcoholic beverages to help the adults who were out trick or treating...Bourbon to go sounds like a must
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    They'll be grown and gone before you know it.  Enjoy it while you can.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    They'll be grown and gone before you know it.  Enjoy it while you can.
    You’re absolutely right, ours is already 9 months old and it seems just like yesterday we were at the hospital for delivery. The kid is growing like a weed! We will be at Disney next week so plenty of memories to come.
    LBGE
    AL
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I just put the finishing touches on my Halloween playlist;
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7MJjfuXwQ6CHj4Df0rXCIf?si=g60uGgYTSEO4QjPSO3v4pw
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Annual Halloween tradition from last night 

Apparently during trick or treat time it will be 42 degrees with wind and the wife still wants to take our kid!! Trying to figure out how to skip that, stay home and drink bourbon, but if I don’t go I know there will be consequences...I guess to go bourbon might be my plan.

Looks like you guys have a great Halloween tradition with that pineapple. Sounds like fun. Do you put it on the porch?  
  • thetrim
    Options
    I heard a thing about pineapples on the porch....
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95