Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Kind've a frazzled day.  I asked Alexa to give me my 8-minutes news summary this morning 0500, and I learn Sioux Falls got hit, bad, with a tornado.  Got ready for work, nothing on social media, and sent an email to my Mom and Sister (still too early to call).  
    Finally heard back from my sister at 0800, their fence got blown over but my Mom's neighborhood (2 miles away) got hit pretty bad.  They drove out to check, Mom's house was unscathed but her neighborhood got hit bad; three EF-2 tornadoes hit simultaneously, with identical predictions tonight (the weather map showed one tornado's path went by, three blocks away).  
    I still haven't communicated with Mom (power's still out) but fingers crossed for tonight.  
    EDIT:  and it sounds like kl8ton is enjoying the same.... 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Botch said:
    Kind've a frazzled day.  I asked Alexa to give me my 8-minutes news summary this morning 0500, and I learn Sioux Falls got hit, bad, with a tornado.  Got ready for work, nothing on social media, and sent an email to my Mom and Sister (still too early to call).  
    Finally heard back from my sister at 0800, their fence got blown over but my Mom's neighborhood (2 miles away) got hit pretty bad.  They drove out to check, Mom's house was unscathed but her neighborhood got hit bad; three EF-2 tornadoes hit simultaneously, with identical predictions tonight (the weather map showed one tornado's path went by, three blocks away).  
    I still haven't communicated with Mom (power's still out) but fingers crossed for tonight.  
    Wow, glad they are ok. Tornadoes are incredibly destructive, an EF2  has roughly the same power as a Cat three eyewall hit. I can't imagine 3 at one time.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Botch said:
    Hope your family stays safe!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Was notified today the Lone Star Grillz is beginning fabrication of my offset cabinet. Woo Hoo! 10-14 days away...
    I'll be interested in seeing this in action!  I'm interested in one for myself.  What size did you go with?

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    Slab poured waiting for the new smoker...Shade cover goes up today...nothing fancy wanted it on the side yard so we could wheel it in and out onto the trailer ( remainder of the last load of wood )

Being a cheap Armenian I just wanted a basic frame with aluminum roof, came home and he's roughed this in

I neeeed this
    if you think you need this, wait until his new cooker shows up. Maybe enough space to put 3 XL EGGS INSIDE w/ room for some ribs and loins.

#YUGE
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Sitting at a client's site waiting for them to get back from lunch so that we can leave. They didn't want to share the alarm code so we're stuck here.

This was an emergency call so it's $300/hr per tech and there are 2 of us here.

Great us of company money 😂
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Wondering if my spaniel needs ballistic protection like this... 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    spaniel = ballistic fur missile
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    billt01 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    spaniel = ballistic fur missile

Great name for a rock band!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Lit
    Brother I just saw that about your wife’s accident. I certainly wish her the very best.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Made salmon on a cedar plank with pesto on it. Was pretty good.  Nice for a change. But I think I prefer grilled salmon with meat Church. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    SciAggie said:
    Was notified today the Lone Star Grillz is beginning fabrication of my offset cabinet. Woo Hoo! 10-14 days away...
    I'll be interested in seeing this in action!  I'm interested in one for myself.  What size did you go with?

I’m getting the 24” offset cabinet smoker. I added the 8” castors, a brass ball valve, probe ports, and the welded moving handle (or whatever they called it). 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    kl8ton said:
    SciAggie said:

I’m getting the 24” offset cabinet smoker. I added the 8” castors, a brass ball valve, probe ports, and the welded moving handle (or whatever they called it). 
    You will really enjoy your stick burner. Knowing you know what it takes to tend a fire. It really changes what BBQ is. Can't wait to see how you like it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    SciAggie said:
    kl8ton said:
    SciAggie said:

You will really enjoy your stick burner. Knowing you know what it takes to tend a fire. It really changes what BBQ is. Can't wait to see how you like it. 
    I’m very excited. Eggs, wood ovens, stick burners - they all have a place in the arsenal. I look forward to playing with it for sure. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Evaluating a tenure case from another university and writing my letter.   Second one this month.   They’re exhausting to write because you can count on every single word being over-analyzed, people trying to read between the lines, you name it.  And then on the other side someone’s career potentially hangs in the balance.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Evaluating a tenure case from another university and writing my letter.   Second one this month.   They’re exhausting to write because you can count on every single word being over-analyzed, people trying to read between the lines, you name it.  And then on the other side someone’s career potentially hangs in the balance.   
    @JohnInCarolina - did you nail their a$$ or ride kindly into the sunset??  Copy and paste must work well unless a true out-lier.  I presume you must sign your assessment but is that revealed to the candidate?
    Of course FOIA will get it out there anyhow.  Good luck with that as it is a professional challenge.  However, a recognition of your standing within the community I would guess. Principles first.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Enjoying our victory over Carolina! 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Friday the 13th and a full moon.  It should be a good one!

stay safe everyone.  Heading home from DFW. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    I welcome each and everyone you to come visit the Las Vegas Strip. It helps pay my salary. While here, however, please don't get too upset if you get called out doing blow on the pedestrian bridges.
    is that wrong in vegas =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I welcome each and everyone you to come visit the Las Vegas Strip. It helps pay my salary. While here, however, please don't get too upset if you get called out doing blow on the pedestrian bridges.
    I have been to your fine city many many times.  It is safe to say that doing that has never crossed my mind.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE