Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    CBD is an amazing thing.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Just had a bowl of Hatch Green Chile Stew.  Chiles were a bit milder this year, IMO.  Used my pressure cooker this time, didn't get it put together for the crock pot last night like I intended.  Delish.
    Also watched Steve Reichlin on PBS, he made a pork loin, wrapped in homemade bacon, but stuffed with baked beans and maple syrup??  He poured about 4 cups into a butterflied loin, waaay too much, and by the time he sliced it looked like there was maybe a half-cup still in the meat.  It didn't look, or sound good; think I'll be passing on that one...

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• GATraveller
    Options

Gronk telling the world’s leading neuroscientist on CTE that he's wrong about brain damage is kind of amazing.  
    Fixed with a strict regiment of whippets and vodka mixed with water. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    edited September 2019
    Options

(I had to googlez "whippet", guess it's also a drug in what looks like a CO2 cartridge)  

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina Nope-just a football player in De Nile.  There are likely rocket scientists and nuc weapons experts within the same group.  All you have to do is ask 'em.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Botch said:

(I had to googlez "whippet", guess it's also a drug in what looks like a CO2 cartridge)  
    Nitrous Oxide  for whipped cream dispensers ...Steve-O from Jack Ass was highly addicted to them
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Just finished one of those Apple desktop major computer upgrades (part II).  Rolled with good luck on Friday, Sep 13th for part I.  All good here-came over to the Apple desktop (imac) dark side in 2013.  Would never go back.  (And that could be written about a lot of experiences in my life B) ). 
    I am even seriously contemplating a trip to the Apple iphone dark side soon after decades of android.  Any phone move I will make will result in a better camera for me to hose up forum pics, so there's that!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    @lousubcap the new iPhone Pro just came out.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Thanks (and aware) but that is so far more than I need that it's not in the mix.  I don't lean on my phone for much as I generally operate under the guideline of "Wherever I am and whatever I am doing is more important that whatever/whomever may be trying to reach me on the phone unless I am expecting an important call."  When driving the friggin phone is sitting solidly in the OFF mode.  Yes bluetooth and hands-free equipped vehicles but that's a distraction that I don't need, especially since many other drivers think other-wsie.  Off mini soap-box.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    shtgunal3 said:
    Thanks (and aware) but that is so far more than I need that it's not in the mix.  I don't lean on my phone for much as I generally operate under the guideline of "Wherever I am and whatever I am doing is more important that whatever/whomever may be trying to reach me on the phone unless I am expecting an important call."  When driving the friggin phone is sitting solidly in the OFF mode.  Yes bluetooth and hands-free equipped vehicles but that's a distraction that I don't need, especially since many other drivers think other-wsie.  Off mini soap-box.
    I think he was mentioning it because the biggest upgrade of that model is to the camera. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Options
    I've always used Macs at home and Wintel machines at work.  I can't do a fair comparison as I think a lot of the crap on my work machine I have to put up with is due to firewalls, security crap, and general guv'mint add-ons.  That being said, if I had as much trouble with my home computer as I do at work, my home wouldn't have one.

Oddly, though, I use an Android phone.  Like @lousubcap, I rarely need a phone "on the go", and my $60 LG smartphone on the Tracfone system ($100/year, NOT /month!) does everything I need; the Apple stuff is just too pricey for me.  The Tracfone even interfaces with my new car and puts Googlez Mapz on my car's screen, w/ button and voice activation; neat!  

• lousubcap
    Options
    @johnnyp You could have at least tossed a smiley face in with the above post.  But I am not big on pics and that is not new.  Leroy "Satchel" Paige; "Don't look back, somethin' might be gainin' on ya."  So, I will just blame the operator for the next version of hosed up food pron!  B)
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just finished one of those Apple desktop major computer upgrades (part II).  Rolled with good luck on Friday, Sep 13th for part I.  All good here-came over to the Apple desktop (imac) dark side in 2013.  Would never go back.  (And that could be written about a lot of experiences in my life B) ). 
    I am even seriously contemplating a trip to the Apple iphone dark side soon after decades of android.  Any phone move I will make will result in a better camera for me to hose up forum pics, so there's that!
    So what did you upgrade on your iMac? RAM? Hard drive?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Heavy G being a low-level luddite all I did was upgrade the OS to High Sierra 10.13.6 yesterday and then today loaded the Mojave 10.14.6 heavy duty app.  Orders of magnitude from a power user so all the internal guts are more than enough for me.  I used to do the RAM  adds in my prior Windows life but I have decided to "simplify my life" and since the horsepower I have far exceeds my needs, I leave that alone.  FWIW-
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    @lousubcap wasn’t intending to give you grief, Frank. Just wasn’t sure if you knew.  =)
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Trying to source parts for my mtn bike fork. FML........

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Smoked up some of the sausage haul from the DFW 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2019
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I went looking for my apron yesterday because I needed it for an event today. Couldn't find it and figured it was lost in the move so I used a BGE one that I've had.

My aunt just showed up with it. She took it and embroidered my IG handle in it and the BGE logo. 

Nice.....on all fronts.  =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    edited September 2019
    Options
    ^^^ That driftwood pergola is cool, and a very unique background.  

• lousubcap
    Options
    @lkapigian - Didn't know you were a professional photographer as well...  =)
    I just figure you know the couple and then served up a friggin banquet for the lucky attendees.  Little do those who enjoyed know how well they had it.
    If I missed the mark it would not be close to the 100th time. My apologies. 
    Have a great remainder of the weekend.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Botch said:
    ^^^ That driftwood pergola is cool, and a very unique background.  
    It was very nice 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - Didn't know you were a professional photographer as well...  =)
    I just figure you know the couple and then served up a friggin banquet for the lucky attendees.  Little do those who enjoyed know how well they had it.
    If I missed the mark it would not be close to the 100th time. My apologies. 
    Have a great remainder of the weekend.
    Thanks @lousubcap. We did not do the food but would have gladly donated it...great couple we have k,own for 6 short years 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian