Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Damn.  Why even go to Vegas?  What else is there to do?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    I welcome each and everyone you to come visit the Las Vegas Strip. It helps pay my salary. While here, however, please don't get too upset if you get called out doing blow on the pedestrian bridges.
    years ago in boston during a grateful dead weekend tour, i saw a guy with a bunsen burner cooking crack on the massachusetts  statehouse front steps =) at high noon, probably a thousand people walking by them.  what do you do with someone doing blow in vegas, here its a 25 dollar release
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options

Football’s back back back!  A whole week without PL (and Stoke) action, with just several hundred international matches to see us through - including US of A getting a 1-1 with Uruguay.  Make of that what you will. 

Game day #5,  here we go; usually a hum-dinger to get us under way,  Newcastle at Liverpool.  For reasons unknown this match traditionally oozes goals - but his year I think Liverpool will score them all. 3-0 the Reds and shared amongst the strikers.

Brighton flew out the traps but have stuttered recently,  likewise Burnley.  I am hoping the the gritty northern visitors are gritty and northern enough to keep Brighton in stuttering free-fall to oblivion.  0-1 for Burnley (please)

Wobbly Man Utd receive the dynamic Leicester.  I reckon its another home defat for Ole’s men here.  They might well score but they are just not coherent.  1-2 and the Foxes continue their vibrant surge under Botox Brendan.

Sheff Utd’s impish petulance will run out at some point and they will become the whipping boys we all thought,  albeit after Norwich do.  Southampton are better on paper, but the game’s played on grass - so lets go for a creditable each way 1-1.

Palace (in 4th - check if you don’t believe me!) will leave the top four by losing 2-0 at Spurs.  Even though Spurs are a bit befuddled right now,  that’s what always happens.  Meh. 

Wolves welcome the sparkly but defensively hapless Chelsea.  Multi-Goal fun here.  2-2 (at least).

This week Man City will beat….. Norwich.  By many goals.  4-0.

Unbelievably Nathan Jones is till the manager at Stoke.   But he has been given the ‘vote of confidence’ but the chairman, this week.  So he’ll be out the door by Saturday 5pm.   Bristol City visiting them this week, and they are doing well in the league.   Darkest before the dawn @Eoin    2-1 Bristol and Chris Hughton installed Monday morning.  Fingers crossed. 

Sunday,

Bournemouth welcome Everton, two difficult to call teams here.  But I am feeling 2-1 for the home team  and both carry on just outside ‘radar of my interest’ range.

Watford have started terrible.  They sacked their manager and got back the one they sacked last year.  Thats soooo Watford.  Still an ugly bunch of hoofers, though.   Arsenal pop around at tea-time and it would be just dandy if they waltzed their way to victory.  2-0 the Gooooners.  

Monday evening is the meeting of two expensively assembled but obscure teams.  West Ham will probably finish about 8th, Aston Villa will probably go down or be a near miss.  That’s what you get for north of £200m spent in the PL.   Ultimately I am not fussed if both teams send out their grandmothers to play - but, er, lets go 2-1 West Ham.  Why not. or Maybe 1-0 the Villa.

Right - thats me done.  The last shards of sun for 2019 are evident this weekend in Blighty.  I will make one last attempt at sun burn in my back garden.  Just a Butt Blast T-Shirt and my budgie smugglers.  Theres an image for you.

Tally ho!

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    I welcome each and everyone you to come visit the Las Vegas Strip. It helps pay my salary. While here, however, please don't get too upset if you get called out doing blow on the pedestrian bridges.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Td67kYY9mdQ
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wow.  That’s amazing!   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Very thankful for the egghead community. Asked a favor of John aka @ColtsFan and he came through and a Yuge way. Thanks again John, I owe you one. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Very thankful for the egghead community. Asked a favor of John aka @ColtsFan and he came through and a Yuge way. Thanks again John, I owe you one. 
    Glad it arrived safe and sound. Enjoy!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Chef/resterateur Jose Andres and his World Central Kitchen are doing some relief work in the Bahamas and they have busted out the big paella pans...

You can donate to World Central Kitchens here if you are so inclined - https://wck.org/

Oh yeah!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    Tavern in Cayucous

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Waiting to start my 90 minute massage...  😊
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    Give me 3 minutes , good to go
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Uh, it was pretty good...
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    ...don't get too upset if you get called out doing blow on the pedestrian bridges.
    It's still okay, off a hooker's ass, right?   :|

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Botch said:
    ...don't get too upset if you get called out doing blow on the pedestrian bridges.
    It's still okay, off a hooker's ass, right?   :|
    Only acceptable way to do it.
    Las Vegas, NV

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    This weekend I will be mostly trying to not get caught by SWMBO watching this stream all day;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA6Ki8b0Ul8

the running order is here;
    https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/goodwood-revival/plan-your-day/timetable/
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    This weekend I will be mostly trying to not get caught by SWMBO watching this stream all day;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA6Ki8b0Ul8

the running order is here;
    https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/goodwood-revival/plan-your-day/timetable/
    Obviously you'll switch chanels at 11 a.m.?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SmokeyLopey
    Options
    Three hours into my first turbo butt...dome temp 340, pork at 168. I will be interested to see how much, if any, stall I get.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Uh, it was pretty good...
    Happy ending?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokeyLopey
    Options
    Just under 5 1/2 hours for ~8lb butt. @YukonRon didn't warn me what a mess the boiling drip pan would make! :) Smells incredible, mostly proved like butter...resting now.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just under 5 1/2 hours for ~8lb butt. @YukonRon didn't warn me what a mess the boiling drip pan would make! :) Smells incredible, mostly proved like butter...resting now.
    Did you put peach preservea on it? If so Wait until you taste the crust. Hard to feel bad about anyone taking a butt off the egg.
    Just sayin' .
    Looks killer.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Gronk telling the world’s leading neuroscientist on CTE that he's wrong about brain damage is kind of amazing.