Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    caliking said:
    Finally found some decent peaches, so I made some peach bourbon jam, with ginger and a hint of habanero.  

That looks delicious. You need my address, lol?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Unfortunately we have a neighbor that is moving. One of one's you wished wasn't. He has been insistent that we take his stuff he can't take with him to his condo. I've mentioned he needs to try selling it first but is insistent that we sell whatever we don't want. I've received leaf blowers, bench grinder, dremel tool, multiple angle ladder, tin garage signs (He gave me a route 66 road sign that feels like it could be a real sign. Heavy and I flipped it over and sold at one point for $60) and now a box of tools. I feel guilty as I know he can get good money for them but has no interest in trying to sell it. The ladder alone is probably over a Benjamin and like new condition. I owe him a nice dinner to say the least and have offered to help him move in any way possible. Still not enough though. 

I ended up with this tool in the box of tools he brought over. I'm sure it's an obvious answer but not sure what it is on top of my head. A wrench for some type of gearing?

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Feeling heartbroken. Yesterday a motorcycle was speeding and crashed into a vehicle. He was going so fast that his motorcycle overturned the car. The car caught on fire, killing a 12 year old girl and her father. The motorcyclist  died as well. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Feeling heartbroken. Yesterday a motorcycle was speeding and crashed into a vehicle. He was going so fast that his motorcycle overturned the car. The car caught on fire, killing a 12 year old girl and her father. The motorcyclist  died as well. 
    Wow... tragic 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Damn.  Been two very serious motorcycle accidents her this week. One a fatality. Be careful out there. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @WeberWho - With a reasonable level of certainty your neighbor is at a place in life where he is into "simplifying my life" mode.  Thus he is pleased by the elimination of articles, possessions etc that are an impedance to him.  Reads like a win-win to me but not there I could be totally missing the mark.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - With a reasonable level of certainty your neighbor is at a place in life where he is into "simplifying my life" mode.  Thus he is pleased by the elimination of articles, possessions etc that are an impedance to him.  Reads like a win-win to me but not there I could be totally missing the mark.  FWIW-
    He said, "I know how it feels when you need something and don't have it. I'd rather have you just take what you want and sell what you don't want. I don't need it anymore". Which is very nice of him. I'm very much appreciative but I feel a little guilty of accepting it. I certainly won't sell anything that I don't need. I'll give them to someone who does or donate the items.

He was the first one to welcome us to the neighborhood and always the first one to compliment our house when working on it. Hopefully we can do the same for the new neighbor when he or she moves in. I don't think there are many people who can say they like their neighbors. We've been really lucky over the years we've lived here. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I welcome each and everyone you to come visit the Las Vegas Strip. It helps pay my salary. While here, however, please don't get too upset if you get called out doing blow on the pedestrian bridges.
    Better than doing blow on a pedestrian.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    I welcome each and everyone you to come visit the Las Vegas Strip. It helps pay my salary. While here, however, please don't get too upset if you get called out doing blow on the pedestrian bridges.
    Better than doing blow on a pedestrian.
    Allegedly 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    WeberWho said:
    Unfortunately we have a neighbor that is moving. One of one's you wished wasn't. He has been insistent that we take his stuff he can't take with him to his condo. I've mentioned he needs to try selling it first but is insistent that we sell whatever we don't want. I've received leaf blowers, bench grinder, dremel tool, multiple angle ladder, tin garage signs (He gave me a route 66 road sign that feels like it could be a real sign. Heavy and I flipped it over and sold at one point for $60) and now a box of tools. I feel guilty as I know he can get good money for them but has no interest in trying to sell it. The ladder alone is probably over a Benjamin and like new condition. I owe him a nice dinner to say the least and have offered to help him move in any way possible. Still not enough though. 

I ended up with this tool in the box of tools he brought over. I'm sure it's an obvious answer but not sure what it is on top of my head. A wrench for some type of gearing?

We give stuff away frequently rather than selling, it's nice to see things go to a good home, and easier than selling if you're having a clear out. Dinner sounds like a good option, or tickets to a game?

The tool is a spline shaft wrench. Is it a ratchet head as well, hard to see? Used for turning over an engine or gearbox via the input / output shaft for set up or inspection. It's quite specific, maybe ask why he had it?
  • WeberWho
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:

We give stuff away frequently rather than selling, it's nice to see things go to a good home, and easier than selling if you're having a clear out. Dinner sounds like a good option, or tickets to a game?

The tool is a spline shaft wrench. Is it a ratchet head as well, hard to see? Used for turning over an engine or gearbox via the input / output shaft for set up or inspection. It's quite specific, maybe ask why he had it?
    Thank you. I should have known that. It definitely looks the part. I'd imagine the tool was for one of his motorcycles. He is an avid motorcycle rider. He's must have had 5 different motorcycles since I've lived here. Always playing around with different cruiser bikes. 

Minnesota
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    WeberWho said:

My guess is a simple pivoting head ratchet minus the guts.

Sudbury, Ontario
  • WeberWho
    Sammi said:
    WeberWho said:

My guess is a simple pivoting head ratchet minus the guts.

That's too funny. I found a random ratchet head in a bucket of tools separate from the box this wrench was in. Hmmmm....... Never even crossed my mind. I think you're onto something. Thanks Sammi. 

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Raised direct chicken skewers. Marinated in greek dressing overnight for some pitas today

Lord-a-mercy
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited September 2019
    HeavyG said:
    Really hoping this means new material rather than just putting his past work online...

Best news ever!  Maybe he's taking the Berke Breathed route; he now publishes new Bloom County art on his schedule, online, and it's great to see Opus and the gang again.

Now, if we can only get Watterson to do the same, bring back Calvin & Hobbes, then all would be right with the world.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Took advantage of a hot fire and threw on a chicken, slow smoked about 250 with a bit of apple

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    edited September 2019
    Well, some woodland creature or the wind (or person) knocked over my clay chiminea's top half, causing the whole thing to topple and crash through my deck's railing, causing damage to that as well.  So I spent a good bit of time this morning cleaning up.  Then something began biting (or stinging) the living bejesus out of my left bicep repeatedly.  Looked fairly tiny for the brief second I saw it prior to squashing, but I'm still in pain.  Last time I felt a jolt like that was when I got careless when returning my stun gun to it's holster.  And I'm cooking beef ribs.  Forgot to mention that.

#lovehaterelationshipwithnature
    #todayissucking
    #atleasttheresbbq
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I'm turning off the TV.  It's 80 degrees outside, not a cloud in the sky, the car is beckoning, and I'm sitting in here watching football.  bah.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Botch said:
    It's 80 degrees outside
    We had a cold front roll in. I am enjoying the unseasonably cool weather myself. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @bucky925 was one of the dessert wines an Ice wine?  That stuff is great but has a heck of a kick between the sugar and alcohol.   
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    bucky925 said:
    Just an update on my first BGE cheesecake (won't be my last) and beef ribs.  We had a few friends over for dessert and things got lubricated real fast.   A couple bottles of dessert wine and at some point  brandy was poured.  I didn't get a plated pic until this afternoon.  So here are a couple . 

Hey now!