Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    YukonRon said:

These
    Why I do declare, that looks awesome! I say that looks awesome! Bravo!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    @pgprescott

Thank you for the kind words. We killed them. Did SV corn on the cob, and bleu cheese coleslaw. Did not suck.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I guess I’ve been cooking with wood too long. I had something in the oven for nearly two hours before I realized I had set the timer but hadn’t turned on the oven...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    SciAggie said:
    I guess I’ve been cooking with wood too long. I had something in the oven for nearly two hours before I realized I had set the timer but hadn’t turned on the oven...
    I’d bump the temp and get out the booze 😂 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    YukonRon said:

These
    @YukonRon - A pic of pure beef goodness right there.  You crank out some incredible pork back ribs but I would take those every time.  Beef ribs beat their pork cousins every time.  Great cook.  Congrats.
    Tooth-pick for the win every time B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    lousubcap said: ni
    YukonRon said:

These
    @YukonRon - A pic of pure beef goodness right there.  You crank out some incredible pork back ribs but I would take those every time.  Beef ribs beat their pork cousins every time.  Great cook.  Congrats.
    Tooth-pick for the win every time B)
    Exactly.

Did those on the mini max, left them on @225⁰F until the toothpick did its thing.5 hours 20 minutes. Used oak for smoke, and rubbed them with "Gunpowder".

Thank you for the kind words.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    I just saw Drew Brees's "thumb".  Not something I expected to see on this website.
    Yeah, it’s pretty sad that you can’t be holding your child on your lap while scrolling through a bbq forum on your iPad.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Finished watching America’s Got Talent. Kodi Lee is pretty amazing. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Finished watching America’s Got Talent. Kodi Lee is pretty amazing. 
    Yeah, he’s awesome.  Crazy talent. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    SciAggie said:
    Been there.  When I lived in Dayton I was baking some fish and my cousin and her boss showed up at my door, and offered to take me out to dinner.  I killed the oven and grabbed my coat...
    Some number of days later, I began preheating the oven, and the smell, well, I went out to dinner myself that night too.  Gah.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Tonight I took the first of two nights of a Comm Ed class, on how to use Android.  Worth the money, there's all kinds of things I didn't know.
    You can buy books on how to use an iPhone, but not so much Android, as its open code, and every manufacturer sets it up differently.  Very worth signing up for this class.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SciAggie
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    Been there.  When I lived in Dayton I was baking some fish and my cousin and her boss showed up at my door, and offered to take me out to dinner.  I killed the oven and grabbed my coat...
    Some number of days later, I began preheating the oven, and the smell, well, I went out to dinner myself that night too.  Gah.  
    Oh my, fish - I can only imagine the smell. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    SciAggie said:
    This is funny.

Not laughing at you, just realizing how foreign our oven has become to me. I doubt I could reset the clock or even work the timer.

I currently use my cell phone as my timer. I figured out how to do that.

What was plan B? Were you able to recover?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    Did you ever go to the Barnsider when you lived in Dayton?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    YukonRon said:
    SciAggie said:
    This is funny.

Not laughing at you, just realizing how foreign our oven has become to me. I doubt I could reset the clock or even work the timer.

I currently use my cell phone as my timer. I figured out how to do that.

What was plan B? Were you able to recover?
    I figured it hadn’t suffered temperature abuse so I just turned on the oven and charged ahead. Fortunately I was preparing some chicken ahead for the weekend so it didn’t ruin supper plans. My wife got a really good chuckle out of the situation so that by itself made the whole thing worth the mistake. I made some slow cooked chicken for shredding that needed five hours in the oven. Finishing at midnight was a bit if a pain, but such is life. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    YukonRon said:
    That doesn't ring a bell; I was there '83-'87.  
    Mama deSalvo's, Charlie's Crab, Asia Palace, McNasty's (?, Mc-something) were my favorites, that I can remember.  

• YukonRon said:
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    Either of you guys make a trip to The Pine club in Dayton? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    Barnsiders was a steak and seafood place located close to what used to be the arena.
    It was not bad.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    I missed out on an invitation to go. I had emergency travel come up unexpectedly and had to bail last minute.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Pine Club is a Dayton steak house. I have never had a bad steak there, they have been open for 70 years and remodeled once maybe.  No reservations, they do not accept plastic, visa mc etc. always a hour wait
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Laughing at how spun up people are getting over this weekend locally. Life is Beautiful Music Fest, Iheart Radio Festival, multiple Raid Area 51 events. Luckily I will be out of town, with no cell service, camping in southern Utah. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    @Acn glad to hear that everyone is safe.  Scary indeed.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Looking really dicey in the Houston area. Hope our fellow Houston Eggers are safe and dry. 
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    I just finished investigating why birds were attacking my central air unit.  Sounded like a creature had made its way into my air ducts and was scratching and clawing trying to get out.  Turns out they were trying to get to this poor soul who did not go peacefully.  Poor little guy.  I wish I had mowed my lawn yesterday.  Maybe I could have freed him.  How he made his way in is beyond me.

It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Interesting take on jerk frog!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Had a great event today.  Went to drop a deuce in at the local Publix only to realize I was hitting if right after janitorial service went thru.  First in the door is a great thing.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Dja notice the Buffalo has a gear icon on his post that allows you to dismiss it?  Perhaps that's a feature that, if enabled, would allow us to dismiss threads unattractive to us.  Hover over his post and you'll see a gear icon.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Botch
    alaskanassasin said:
    Ah, yes.  Hit it once, a bit rough on Lieutenant's pay, with a date.   :|

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited September 2019
    Botch said:
    alaskanassasin said:
    Ah, yes.  Hit it once, a bit rough on Lieutenant's pay, with a date.   :|
    You guys never did learn how to strike when the "iron" was hot!! =)
    Edit: True sailor (retired here).  Air Force-they land on solid ground and there is an AF base in Dayton, Ohio. B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.