Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ColtsFan said:
    Smoking some ribs and thinking about what really matters. Family, friends and great food

You do know the beauty of those multi level cooking systems is that you don’t have to crowd your food all on one grid? 😜   enjoy!
    Lol...I was in the middle of rotating them. 🤣
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Rolling smoke on the mini. It's been a year or so since I've fired it up.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited August 2019
    What a weekend.  PHUCK!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    WeberWho said:
    Lobster tails, coconut shrimp, and some pasta on the mini.

I need to get you on the boat. That cook is all my day is missing.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    • Lazy day on the lake counting blessings
    Happy to see you guys out enjoying the boat already. Congrats!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I didn’t do competition chicken thighs and ABT’s earlier. I have no pics! 😩
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lousubcap That looks and sounds delicious to me. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Recovering from helping my brother in law (and a few others) demo his garage that [basically] burned down, yesterday and today. One corner was partially there still (plus towards the front on one side) and another side wall was still mostly there. Combination of saws and such to get it all taken apart and fed into a 30 yard dumpster. Not everything fit though. Slab is toast and will need a new one before they can rebuild.
    Getting ready to take the turkey breast off the bone that I smoked earlier today (started around 4pm). It's sammich meat for the week (or as long as it lasts). 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Throwing a chicken on to make some enchiladas later. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I’ve decided that cooking biscuits is my kryptonite. They just suck. I wish I had paid more attention when my grandmother was making them. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    I’ve decided that cooking biscuits is my kryptonite. They just suck. I wish I had paid more attention when my grandmother was making them. 
    the keys I think are ice cold butter, and don't over mix.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I always have more dough end up on my fingers than on the table
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    I'm wondering if in order to acquire green tomatoes, one has to grow tomatoes.  I've never seen them in a store or even a farmer's market.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    smokingal said:
    I'm wondering if in order to acquire green tomatoes, one has to grow tomatoes.  I've never seen them in a store or even a farmer's market.
    Can find them occasionally at the grocer early in the season.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Dyal_SC said:

Grilled pimento cheese sammiches and fried okras with mustard based bbq sauce.

Dude.  Them twins gonna be big boys when you start feeding them solid food.  Ain’t nobody gonna turn their nose up at that!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    thetrim said:
    I always have more dough end up on my fingers than on the table
    That’s my thing. No way you can roll out the garbage I’ve been mixing up. 
  • theyolksonyou
    I saw this today and thought I would pass it along to all of you. Can’t you feel momentum building? 
    Clark, are you shopping at Homegoods again?
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    I saw this today and thought I would pass it along to all of you. Can’t you feel momentum building? 
    Don't mind my text first, but my wife sent this to me this afternoon. 

Las Vegas, NV