Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    @Doubleegger- Gotta be great eats.  John Lewis's place in Charleston for the win!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @Lkapigian wow - going all in, huh?   Looks like a great rig. Grand plans ahead I suppose? Can’t wait to see what you turn out. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,681
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - You must have many options and super powers to even think you can hide that.  Congrats on the buy as that is quite a high volume smoker. 
    Better to be lucky than good any day!
    @lousubcap , my yard is real small, probably deliver to the shop, I'm sure it will cost me buyer her something back...that being said we are doing more and more events and this will be a labor saver 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,163
    Sea2Ski said:
    @Lkapigian wow - going all in, huh?   Looks like a great rig. Grand plans ahead I suppose? Can’t wait to see what you turn out. 
    .....says the King of all in.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    I had no idea!!  How did I not know this?  
    You are on a whole different level! 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Botch said:

Gotta admit, if I were visiting a town for the first time, I wouldn't count on a good 'que experience from a clean modern storefront like that.  Although, your last pic looks totally legit.  
    Apparently you’re not familiar with John Lewis. 
    Looks aren’t everything. Lewis is legit
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,315
    Botch said:

Gotta admit, if I were visiting a town for the first time, I wouldn't count on a good 'que experience from a clean modern storefront like that.  Although, your last pic looks totally legit.  
    That aesthetic does have a certain hipster appeal to it. I wonder if any of the male staff have man buns.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,099
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:

That aesthetic does have a certain hipster appeal to it. I wonder if any of the male staff have man buns.
    Absolutely fvcking hilarious my friend. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Man bun and Soul patch for the dub “W”
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,315
    thetrim said:
    Missed the trifecta tho - no sleeve tats.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,013
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, Lewis is absolutely incredible. Jealous of you, @DoubleEgger ... I’ve eaten there a few times.  And every other dude in Austin seems to have a man bun, so the man bun dude in Charleston is legit indeed. LOL Need to go back. I just saw their “Thursday Reuben” on FB. My God.  :flushed:

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    Day one of a week being a Nielsen radio ratings listening logger.  Fortunately the minimum station listen time is five minutes as I spend a lot of time in the car with "scan" doing its thing. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just got back from a bike ride with my kiddo, we went 8 miles this time. I really need to get used to my seat again. 

We are headed to ferne clyffe state park next to go hiking and grill lunch on the jumbo Joe. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Just got back from a bike ride with my kiddo, we went 8 miles this time. I really need to get used to my seat again. 

We are headed to ferne clyffe state park next to go hiking and grill lunch on the jumbo Joe. 
    Nice.  Southern IL might be one of the most underrated out door areas in the US.  So many beautiful hiking areas.  We used to hike all over Giant City, Garden of the Gods, and The Little Grand Canyon back when I was in school.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lkapigian
    Wondering Why the FB button is back
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    thetrim said:
    everytime i see a man bun this song stick in my head

https://youtu.be/hLpE1Pa8vvI
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,352
    edited August 2019
    🤣
    Jacksonville FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I thought this was Pumpkin Spice? No?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    What's w the Facebook icon popping up?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited August 2019
    Y’all WILL NOT Facebook our family dysfunctionalism!
    (My daughter said that to me once when she was about 14...)
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Urgent message from my bank tonight when I got home. Did I attempt to make a purchase this afternoon?
    For $1.83?
    At a Shoe store?
    In Rio de Janeiro?  
    Yikes! The magnetic strip didn't match my number, so the purchase was blocked. Some thoughts:
    1. Poop, I had just memorized my CCN, now I have to do it again on a new card;
    2. Shoes are cheap in Brazil!
    3. "Janeiro" doesn't follow the "i before e except after c" rule; and
    4. Thank You USAA!!

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Botch said:
    Urgent message from my bank tonight when I got home. Did I attempt to make a purchase this afternoon?
    For $1.83?
    At a Shoe store?
    In Rio de Janeiro?  
    Yikes! The magnetic strip didn't match my number, so the purchase was blocked. Some thoughts:
    1. Poop, I had just memorized my CCN, now I have to do it again on a new card;
    2. Shoes are cheap in Brazil!
    3. "Janeiro" doesn't follow the "i before e except after c" rule; and
    4. Thank You USAA!!
    Instead of Facebook we need an LOL button...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,163
    Dobie said:
    🤣
    @northGAcock
    Ummmmm....no
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Some teriyaki chicken
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    lkapigian said:
    thetrim said:
    everytime i see a man bun this song stick in my head

https://youtu.be/hLpE1Pa8vvI
    Haha I know that guy his name is Micah Tyler. He sings at our church regularly.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.