Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Trying to see if I can get off work for the fat tire festival in October. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,908
    SciAggie said:
    I’ve decided that cooking biscuits is my kryptonite. They just suck. I wish I had paid more attention when my grandmother was making them. 
    My biscuits tanked for a long time - then one day they started being good. Same recipe - I think you just finally learn how to handle the dough. The dough needs to be really wet and don’t overmix. You don’t want to develop any gluten. 
    I can never get my dough to look like local biscuit joints around here that roll them out. I quit that game a long time ago.  My grandmother never used a rolling pin. She made each biscuit by hand. She was a seamstress so her she knew how how to delicately work the dough with her fingers. No one could duplicate hers even when you
    were making biscuits right along side her doing the same thing. It was all in the fingers. 

I think you probably know you can crop those screen shots.  🤔
    I like to hit the tube of biscuit dough on the edge of a counter to get a nice satisfying pop.  Then I just separate along the lines, add some pam spray to my tray and put in the oven.  After cooking put a little butter and jelly on them.  Perfect every time.  Just like the picture on the tube.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    @Dyal_SC, so sorry man.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Very sorry @Dyal_SC and @bubbajack. We put our dog down last year, and it was just heartbreaking.  Hang in there. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho said:
    Fantasy football draft tomorrow. Already hate my team. Someone remind me why I do this? 
    How do you already hate your team when your draft is tomorrow lol? Dynasty/keeper? 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    @Dyal_SC  been there several times, its never easy, it just sucks.  my puppy just turned 8, already thinking its time to get a replacement dog....errr a friend for the puppy to play with ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    SciAggie said:
    I’ve decided that cooking biscuits is my kryptonite. They just suck. I wish I had paid more attention when my grandmother was making them. 
    My biscuits tanked for a long time - then one day they started being good. Same recipe - I think you just finally learn how to handle the dough. The dough needs to be really wet and don’t overmix. You don’t want to develop any gluten. 
    I can never get my dough to look like local biscuit joints around here that roll them out. I quit that game a long time ago.  My grandmother never used a rolling pin. She made each biscuit by hand. She was a seamstress so her she knew how how to delicately work the dough with her fingers. No one could duplicate hers even when you
    were making biscuits right along side her doing the same thing. It was all in the fingers. 

I think you probably know you can crop those screen shots.  🤔
    I like to hit the tube of biscuit dough on the edge of a counter to get a nice satisfying pop.  Then I just separate along the lines, add some pam spray to my tray and put in the oven.  After cooking put a little butter and jelly on them.  Perfect every time.  Just like the picture on the tube.
    My mom always called those “whopper” biscuits because you whop them on the counter.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    I like to hit the tube of biscuit dough on the edge of a counter to get a nice satisfying pop.  
    I just learned something today, thank you!  I've always plucked at that stupid aluminum tab, get frustrated, and end up grabbing my bread knife; bet it was designed by the same person who did the stupid string on the lump bag...

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Botch said:
    I struggle with string, I wrestle with foil,
    I pluck at tiny tabs, Til my blood starts to boil,
    And when I'm all for giving up, and I'm at my wit's end,
    I see those nasty, spiteful words, "Open Other End".  
    Damn.  What's he going to be like when he's not working?   B)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Botch Nice...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    @Botch is working on his lawn for those "every day is Saturday" times, I'm sure.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2019
    I saw this today and thought I would pass it along to all of you. Can’t you feel momentum building? 
    I love pumpkin spice. It is one of my favorite scents for shaving soap. I especially like it in the Fall. 

It is also one of my very favorite cakes. I love all things pumpkin 🎃 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Today's Life Lesson: If you accidently spill gasoline, do not light a stick of incense to cover the smell.
    https://kutv.com/news/local/man-admits-to-starting-fire-that-burned-layton-apartment-complex

Oof-dah.  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,300
    At the RDU airport, headed to Oakland.  Have a new project with Livermore.  I have a subcontract on one of their Exascale Computing Projects.  
    IU is playing a large role in supplying super-computing hardware as a part of the Exascale Projects. Cool stuff

https://itnews.iu.edu/articles/2019/IU-acquire-fastest-university-owned-AI-supercomputer-.php
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823
    ColtsFan said:
    At the RDU airport, headed to Oakland.  Have a new project with Livermore.  I have a subcontract on one of their Exascale Computing Projects.  
    IU is playing a large role in supplying super-computing hardware as a part of the Exascale Projects. Cool stuff

https://itnews.iu.edu/articles/2019/IU-acquire-fastest-university-owned-AI-supercomputer-.php
    It is a monumental effort.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,315
    Lodge released a new more upscale line of skillets with their Blacklock line a couple months ago. Now I read that Lodge has just bought the Finex company and will be moving their production to the Lodge factory in Tennessee. Word is they won't be cutting prices on the Finex stuff.
    Wondering if Lodge might add more of the "boutique" cast iron makers that have popped up in recent years to the Lodge family.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,163
    Botch said:
    Today's Life Lesson: If you accidently spill gasoline, do not light a stick of incense to cover the smell.
    https://kutv.com/news/local/man-admits-to-starting-fire-that-burned-layton-apartment-complex

Oof-dah.  
    Getting so you can’t do nuffin any more.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina Cutting edge for sure.  I am guessing there will be heavy focus on modeling and simulation to test proven designs and future concepts. 
    Reading the news a couple of months ago, it appears that the Russians don't have that capability and need to go with the low-yield testing for validation.  But that's from a WSJ article I read.  Anyhow, congrats on the contract.
    BTW- have fun with @henapple in the East Bay.  Just speak kindly about OO and all will be well. 
    Safe travels-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    SciAggie said:
    Carnitas coming soon to a screen near you...

My screen must be malfunctioning  =)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Botch

Gotta admit, if I were visiting a town for the first time, I wouldn't count on a good 'que experience from a clean modern storefront like that.  Although, your last pic looks totally legit.  

• lousubcap
    @lkapigian - You must have many options and super powers to even think you can hide that.  Congrats on the buy as that is quite a high volume smoker. 
    Better to be lucky than good any day!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,099
    Botch said:

Gotta admit, if I were visiting a town for the first time, I wouldn't count on a good 'que experience from a clean modern storefront like that.  Although, your last pic looks totally legit.  
    Apparently you’re not familiar with John Lewis.