Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Happy National Airborne Day! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

What have learnt after Game #1?  Not much, the top teams are still the top teams, some of the mid-table teams have improved, the newly promoted teams are going to struggle.    In fact, we learnt nothing. Over-looking some aberrations (Chelsea & Watford, that’s you), all ran to expectations.

This week;

Arsenal welcome Burnley.  Narrow home win.  Burnley are contenders for the top 10, unburdened by the European fixtures they had last year.  2-1 to Dyche’s scary northerners.  

Villa v Bournemouth.  One of these spent lots of cash and the other spent wisely.  This could be Bournemouth’s best season. Villa are this year’s Fulham having done a load of dough in the Summer but will likely go straight back down.  0-2 for the Cherries.

Brighton v West Ham.  After a mystifying and calamitous victory last week I hope Brighton commence a 37 game losing run.   Its only fair.  West Ham can’t decide if they are a delicate mosaic of talent or hapless bunch of misfits.  Sadly I see Brighton taking the points and then telling everyone they are nailed on for the Champions League.  1-0.

Everton v Watford.  Dismal starts for both last week.  There’s a little heat under this match as Marco Silva was ’stolen’ from Watford by Everton.  Who cares about him or either club, frankly.  1-1.

Norwich v Newcastle.  Relegation contenders, both.  Norwich just don’t have the wherewith-all to stay up and the ‘Toon remain a travelling circus of average players and furious fans.  0-0

Southampton v Liverpool.  Poor showing by Saints last week, getting humped by Burnley.  They should be better at home.  But its mad Jurgen’s super-reds coming to town.  Even though they collected a meaningless trophy mid-week in Istanbul, they’ll win this by two goals.  However, it will be interesting to see what happens if they are behind after 80 minutes.  Last year they won almost every match and came 2nd in the league.  The thought of a defeat this early might fry their brains.  I’m still going 1-3 for Liverpool.

This week Man City will beat…………..Spurs.  2-0

In the ‘proper football top league’ aka the Championship Stoke welcome Derby - bereft after Super-Frank ran back to his first(ish) love of Chelsea.  Stoke are ‘0’ from 2, Derby unbeaten.   How @Eoin must be wishing for the halcyon days on 0-0 last season?    Lets go bold.  Stoke find form and grind out a nil-nil.   0-0 it is.

Sunday 

Sheffield Utd v Palace.  Super soar-away Palace mustered a tepid nil all last week.  In recent years we have been way better on the road - probably because we are one trick pony.  That trick being Wilf Zaha.  

The Blades got a decent 1-1 last week and will want to snaffle the full three this week.   While Palace are widely predicted as relegation fodder, I suspect this will be tougher than Sheff U think and could well be stung by Wilf twice.  Two penalties converted by Milivojevic.  Possibly one for them.  1-2 Palace.

Chelsea v Leicester.  Super-Frank’s return to his first(ish) love.  He’s essentially got a free hit this season unless they keep getting spanked 4-0 because Chelsea have a transfer ban.  But - they need to pick off the likes of Leicester or face a season in the lower reaches.   That said the Foxes will be a tough nut to crack this season.  Could go either way.  Meh 1-1.

Monday 

Wolves v Man Utd.  The home team are high on confidence after mid-week Euro success and clean sheet against Leicester last week. Man Utd, though, will be giddy as kippers after thwacking 4 past Chelsea.  I think they’ll nip a cheeky 1-0 away win here.  All 3 points going back north on Ole’s fun bus. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,596
    Is soccer year round?
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,681
    lkapigian said:
    thetrim said:
    Man bun and Soul patch for the dub “W”
    everytime i see a man bun this song stick in my head

https://youtu.be/hLpE1Pa8vvI
    Haha I know that guy his name is Micah Tyler. He sings at our church regularly.
    Very Cool, he is talented 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,300
    Boss gave me a new mug. He's a bourbon guy too

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Legume said:
    Is soccer year round?
    God I hope not. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Counting down until the wife gets off work so we can head to the Chi for the air and water show.  Parents condo is right in front of where most of the show is.  Great line up of air crafts head lined by:
    Blue Angles
    US Navy and Army Parachute teams
    Royal Air Force Red Arrows
    F-22 Raptor
    F-16 Viper
    A-10 Thunderbolt II
    C-130 Hercules
    MV-22 Osprey
    P-51 Mustang
    T-38 Talon

I'll post some pictures later into the weekend.

Love a air show! We went to the Vectren air show in Dayton a couple months ago, the Harrier jump jet was amazing, the Thunderbirds are amazing too.  Makes you proud to be an American.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,596
    I miss air shows, there used to be one at Moffett NAS in the Bay Area when I was a kid and they would fly right over our house.  Then lived near Miramar and had some great shows there.

Best things I’ve seen over the years were F-14 demo, B-1 demo and B-2 fly by.  Of course Blue Angels as well back to when they were in F-4s.  Shows have gotten a little tamer over the years, the B-1 is the loudest thing I’ve ever heard by a long shot.
  • CPFC1905
    Jeremiah said:
    Legume said:
    Is soccer year round?
    God I hope not. 
    Not sure but football season is from August to May.  Then international tournaments through the Summer every other year.  
    So don't panic,  just three months without it in alternate summers. 
    Hope that reassures you? 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Another day of Florida Liquid ☀️ Front and backyard trimmed and Driveway/sidewalks edged. Will wait tod mow tomorrow,
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I'd pay for some of that rain up this way.  Too hot and too dry.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823
    thetrim said:
    Pro-tip: don't start drinking until *after* the wedding reception starts.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    Is soccer year round?
    "Soccer" is only played in the fall, but "football" is played year round.  
  • CPFC1905
    Legume said:
    Is soccer year round?
    "Soccer" is only played in the fall, but "football" is played year round.  
    Autumn.
     =) 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I'm at a local coffee shop in Livermore trying to get some work done before picking up @nolaegghead and his better half at the Oakland airport just before lunch today.  Contemplating checking out one of the craft beer stores they have in town, while also recognizing that there will be a plethora of readily-available spirits this weekend.  Hmm....
    They have Russian River beers in them parts.  Enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    I'd pay for some of that rain up this way.  Too hot and too dry.
    Been trying to help a neighbor work on his flat roof for the last two weeks but can't get much done with all the liquid sunshine. Still, the clouds from the rain keep the house cooler so less AC running. And, dang, I posted that on a mobile device with spell check and didn't review before posting. May as well turn spell check off.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    YEMTrey said:
    I'm at a local coffee shop in Livermore trying to get some work done before picking up @nolaegghead and his better half at the Oakland airport just before lunch today.  Contemplating checking out one of the craft beer stores they have in town, while also recognizing that there will be a plethora of readily-available spirits this weekend.  Hmm....
    They have Russian River beers in them parts.  Enjoy!
    I knew that someone here would deliver on a useful suggestion, and I probably could’ve guessed it would be you.  Thanks!

• I was going to suggest you go see him after I saw the Lewis BBQ building.
    I love Rodney's and haven't made it to Lewis' yet I'm ashamed to say.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,908
    thetrim said:
    Pro-tip: don't start drinking until *after* the wedding reception starts.   
    Pro-tip: Save the handspring flying kick to the side of your new wife's head for an 11th or 12th anniversary stunt.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    Oh My Lord

From all I've read and seen, Rodney seems like a totally kick a$$ cool dude
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Check around and see if you can find any Busch lite.  Gotta start slow when awaiting Nola
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,099
    thetrim said:
    Oh My Lord

From all I've read and seen, Rodney seems like a totally kick a$$ cool dude
    Best ribs I’ve ever had. Period.