Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In Memory of a Great Friend and Fellow Egger

Comments

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Very saddened to hear the news.  I didn't have the opportunity to meet Brent, which is my loss.  I wish healing to the BGE brethren who knew him well and especially Dr. Murphy's family.  I have said my own silent prayer for all concerned.  The one thing that rings clear to me is how beloved this man was.  This will likely be Brent's greatest legacy.  He was loved dearly by those who knew him well.  

I see that more than a few of you have chosen to honor Brent with his avatar.  This is a very nice thing to do.  I am reminded of the '42' day that major league baseball does to honor the late, great Frank Robinson.  Perhaps the forum might consider designating a @bgebrent week where everyone who wishes may pay tribute in this way to Brent? Food for thought.  I might also suggest that it be a week of charity in some way, in keeping with what others have shared about Brent's leadership in this area.  I'm not sure how all this might go, but just sharing some thoughts after having had a night to sleep on it.  It's really for others with more investment in the BGE community to decide.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    I'm sick hearing this. Never met in person but his impact on earth will never be forgotten. RIP Brent.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Not sure how I missed this post, but I am speechless.  I considered Brent to be one of the first class experts in this forum and I will miss him and his contributions.  My condolences to Brent's family and friends.  Will miss ya, brother!  See you on the other side where every brisket is smoked to perfection.    
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Carolina Q- thanks for the link.  Donation made.  Da-n!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    caliking said:

.... If you are so inclined, make a donation to a food based charity whether it is your local food bank or a BBQ Relief type organization. I’m confident that’s what Brent would have wanted.

I love you Brent. I’ll see you on the

Made a donation to Meals on Wheels this morning, in memory of Brent. 
    Thank you for calling this out, in surprise and sadness I had read right past this in the original post.  The MD Food Bank will be getting an in memoriam donation this evening.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    @DoubleEgger
    Very nice post you started. So many great responses and photos above.
    Proof of living a good life right here.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    piney said:
    Robin and I kinda hit on that a couple days ago. I have a good place on the river
    I would do my best to make it.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    lousubcap said:
    piney said:
    Robin and I kinda hit on that a couple days ago. I have a good place on the river
    As long as it is not in November 2019 I can see a road trip for such a memorial gathering.  I hope this gathers traction. 
    It will be in the spring of 2020
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • A Brent party?  Like for BB this year, I would buy a couple of t-shirts for Brent’s party benefitting a suitable charity.  Double points if they have pockets.
    Flint, Michigan
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Dude gave me so much valuable feedback, i could never thank him enough
    Funny comebacks, good hearted input and always valuable advice
    Constant source of optimism

RiP 
  • Its terrible to see someone go before their time. Brent did such a good job with the time he had.  I didn’t know him outside of the forum, but from reading this whole thread, and watching his contribution on the forum, it was obvious he was an awesome person. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    piney said:
    lousubcap said:
    piney said:
    As long as it is not in November 2019 I can see a road trip for such a memorial gathering.  I hope this gathers traction. 
    It will be in the spring of 2020
    I’m in. I am taking a new job at work at the end of October. No more rotating shift work, no more only making it to BB or BC once every 3 years. 

A Brent Blast sounds like a fabulous idea. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I am just hearing this tragic news on Sunday morning. I feel awful. I never had the pleasure of meeting Brent, but we did message each other. I was invited to his lake house, but I was unable to attend. I really wish I had made it happen. All someone has to do is read the comments posted here to realize that Brent was a wonderful guy that loved life. In every picture I have ever seen of him he was smiling. 

He will be missed. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    I am sorry to hear about Brent. It's the little things he did that touched so many in a big way.  He will be missed.

We'll say a prayer.  Tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.