Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Botch said:
    Legume said:

one last bite of meat......two dogs.....
    I was dating a lady in Albuquerque who had a wonderful Corgi, and I fully recognize that look.  When we made tacos, she fried the corn tortillas and I fried the meat/onions and grated the cheese.  As soon as the cheese came out, she (Corkie, the corgi) gave me ^that look, and she (the lady) told me "When you get down to endangering your fingers on the grater, Corkie gets the last sliver of cheese (and she knew it).  
    And most evening visits, I would grab a handful of dry-roasted peanuts and read the paper in the living room, the peanuts were on the end-table.  I got ^that same look from Corkie, and I would give her a peanut "one for you!" and eat one myself "one for me!".  Half the time we broke even, and she'd go about her business.  
    But if there were three peanuts left, I would do the "one for you, one for me!" and then say, "That's it!"; she wouldn't budge.  She wasn't tall enough to see the top of the end table, but she could smell that half-peanut, and wouldn't budge until she got it.  Incredible sense of smell!    
    I actually train my dogs for last bite. They won't move til last bite. They do know it's there.....I had a dog that would not touch it for hours until said ok
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    I was standing next to where the leashes are hung up, they thought they were going for a walk.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    I was standing next to where the leashes are hung up, they thought they were going for a walk.                                           I've never had a dog that needed a leash. Raising a new pup with ice forming on the lake and river soon. Makes me a little nervous.
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    Legume said:
    I was standing next to where the leashes are hung up, they thought they were going for a walk.                                           I've never had a dog that needed a leash. Raising a new pup with ice forming on the lake and river soon. Makes me a little nervous.
    We live on a park that also has an elementary school.  Have to use a leash or get a ticket.
    Not a felon
  • IRWS
    IRWS Posts: 11

Irish Red and White Setters Mollie and Maggie.
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    We live on a park that also has an elementary school.  Have to use a leash or get a ticket.
    I understand ,  get. The pup and I'm getting a late freeze early. I don't usually leash
    fukahwee maine

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,838
    td66snrf said:
    Waiting for  dinner. 
    While I have your attention, what breeds do you think he has in him. Pound puppy. Gus
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • fishlessman
    td66snrf said:
    td66snrf said:
    Waiting for  dinner. 
    While I have your attention, what breeds do you think he has in him. Pound puppy. Gus

my guess is beagle
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    The things I learn on this forum...  :glasses:  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• fishlessman
    Botch said:

my dog is as good as a compass. before i found this i just thought he liked to take in the lake view...
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    edited December 2023
    Botch said:

my dog is as good as a compass. before i found this i just thought he liked to take in the lake view...
    I was trimming the hedge line when I cut off a rather large branch that had a wasp nest on it that I didn't see.  I said something like "Oh shoot shoot shoot" and ran into the house before getting stung, won that one.  
    Next morning I went back out early in the am while it was still cool out, armed with a can of Raid.  Soaked the nest on the branch on the grass, didn't see any of the wasps.  Walked back up to the hedge and all the wasps were flying tight circles in the exact place their nest was, even though it was a large open area now.  Their spatial orientation/global positioning was uncanny!  
    Same thing happened when the built another nest inside my truck's driver's mirror.  I crawled in thru the passenger door and eventually into the driver's seat (not easy at 6'5" in an early Taco with a manual trannie).  I drove onto Hwy 89 and cycled the electric mirror up, down, and to both sides, crushing the nest and smooshing the wasps still in there.  Pulled back into my driveway and as soon as I parked, the mirror was swarmed with live wasps; same thing!  I backed up 20 feet, and they all stayed in place, didn't follow the mirror; really amazing.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• fishlessman
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

I was trimming the hedge line when I cut off a rather large branch that had a wasp nest on it that I didn't see.  I said something like "Oh shoot shoot shoot" and ran into the house before getting stung, won that one.  
    Next morning I went back out early in the am while it was still cool out, armed with a can of Raid.  Soaked the nest on the branch on the grass, didn't see any of the wasps.  Walked back up to the hedge and all the wasps were flying tight circles in the exact place their nest was, even though it was a large open area now.  Their spatial orientation/global positioning was uncanny!  
    Same thing happened when the built another nest inside my truck's driver's mirror.  I crawled in thru the passenger door and eventually into the driver's seat (not easy at 6'5" in an early Taco with a manual trannie).  I drove onto Hwy 89 and cycled the electric mirror up, down, and to both sides, crushing the nest and smooshing the wasps still in there.  Pulled back into my driveway and as soon as I parked, the mirror was swarmed with live wasps; same thing!  I backed up 20 feet, and they all stayed in place, didn't follow the mirror; really amazing.  

ive seen that with bees, took down a hummingbird feeder full of sugar water and moved it away from the table, a swarm of bees eventually showed up looking for it, was crazy. what i thought was a few bees coming and going turned into hundreds. the dogs funny, walks in two, three circles and then goes north
    fukahwee maine

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,838
    I don't know how anyone could see that picture and not smile
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Bees are interesting creatures, they fly using visual cues and memorize the landscape surrounding them.  When I move a hive or catch and relocate a swarm I have to move them 3 miles or so away or they will go back to their original location.   If I need to move a hive on a property I generally move it in the winter when they will have spent so much time in the hive they have lost orientation or move the hive a few feet a day. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• My sister Beulah sat on a beehive once and didn't get stung at all, by nuttin nohow. Poppa said it was on accounta she had a smoking bum and bees juss plane don't like smoke nun. He laft until he stops. Bees are funny to him I guess.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    Getting the doggos detailed.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    I call him “The King of Fluff” especially after he was bathed, dried and copiously brushed.   

Thank goodness he goes to the boarder and groomer over the break, would be good to see the lad’s eyes again.   Looks like Fozzy Bear.   

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Nice looking doodle Jim. He’s not spoiled at all lol
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    ColbyLang said:
    Nice looking doodle Jim. He’s not spoiled at all lol
    There is a little resemblance

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• @fishlessman - love the name gordie
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike