Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grocery shortages where you live?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,140
    Options
    Struggling through pasta shortage today.  Just wanted elbow pasta.  Had to pull an audible and settle for cavatappi.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That is what our spice rack looked like at Kroger.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    edited January 2022
    Options
    You know it is bad when Costco is selling long term food storage meals......120 meals for $62......in a sealed bucket....
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    You know it is bad when Costco is selling long term food storage meals......120 meals for $62......in a sealed bucket....
    Our Costco has been selling  that bucket for a few years now, even pre-pandemic. Harvey may have had something to do with it, but i've seen it well before COVID times. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The threat of dystopian futures has been increasing on several fronts. 
    Options
    Legume said:
    I have no idea if there are shortages.  We order online and get curbside pickup.  They ALWAYS substitute some items which we’ve found has more to do with how hard the picker looks vs what they actually have.  Fortunately we can accept or reject substitutions online before we go or when we pick up.
    My first online order was my last online order.  The produce chosen was terrible, they substituted probably 30% without telling us, and the groceries where just tossed in the drivers trunk and it looks like he moonlighted as a bootlegger running from the cops.
    Do you think the folks who stocked you had once met you in person, by any chance?
    Was probably my very demanding notes I left in the "special request" box of my order, very clearly telling them how to do their job.

there's a black kettle and pot in there somewhere..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Legume said:
    I have no idea if there are shortages.  We order online and get curbside pickup.  They ALWAYS substitute some items which we’ve found has more to do with how hard the picker looks vs what they actually have.  Fortunately we can accept or reject substitutions online before we go or when we pick up.
    My first online order was my last online order.  The produce chosen was terrible, they substituted probably 30% without telling us, and the groceries where just tossed in the drivers trunk and it looks like he moonlighted as a bootlegger running from the cops.
    Do you think the folks who stocked you had once met you in person, by any chance?
    Was probably my very demanding notes I left in the "special request" box of my order, very clearly telling them how to do their job.

there's a black kettle and pot in there somewhere..
    But is it an instapot ?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    The threat of dystopian futures has been increasing on several fronts. 
    Yeah but we have BGEs so worst comes to worst we can start making our own charcoal

Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    They've changed their m o:

Where you been, Dude?  

Been in lurking mode. The past few months I've been having "fun" spending a few weeks/stints in the hospital then rehab center/physical therapy.
    I only had my iPad at my bedside during that time and I hate typing on those things. As I am now able to get out of bed and into a wheelchair I can roll to my desk and use my iMac so I'll likely be popping up more often.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    Dang- glad you are clear of that hurdle. 
    Best wishes for continued improvement.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Where you been, Dude?  

Been in lurking mode. The past few months I've been having "fun" spending a few weeks/stints in the hospital then rehab center/physical therapy.
    I only had my iPad at my bedside during that time and I hate typing on those things. As I am now able to get out of bed and into a wheelchair I can roll to my desk and use my iMac so I'll likely be popping up more often.

I hope whatever this is was temporary and that you’re on the mend for good, my friend.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Where you been, Dude?  

I hope whatever this is was temporary and that you’re on the mend for good, my friend.
    Very much agree with 👆🏾

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Where you been, Dude?  

I noticed you lurking when I lurked at your profile’s last active date.  Hope you make the fullest recovery possible from unsaid illness and get to makin more BBQ.  Dust off that camera lens!  =)
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Where you been, Dude?  

Hope you get back to your old self, and looking forward to seeing some upcoming cooks.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Where you been, Dude?  

Agreed. I mean, we all knew you weren't tied up doing any Egging.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Glad you’ve resurfaced @HeavyG.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited January 2022
    Options

HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Where you been, Dude?  

hospital food pics or it didnt happen.  good that youre moving about again
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It would be pretty hilarious if @HeavyG's first food pic on the forum was of a tray of hospital food.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I tried.  You are all immune to triggers.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    It would be pretty hilarious if @HeavyG's first food pic on the forum was of a tray of hospital food.  
    LOL
    I really missed an opportunity there dammit. :)
    30 Times Hospital Food Was So Bad People Just Had To Shame It Online   Bored Panda

mmmmmmm
    Options
    My groceries stores have had some issues with wings a couple of days, but I have had no real issues.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    My groceries stores have had some issues with wings a couple of days, but I have had no real issues.
    Practicing? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    The great Grape Nut shortage still exists in these parts.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Most disappointing cereal ever.  Tastes nothing like grapes or nuts.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Zero pilsbury in the cooler section this afternoon. Still very low on pasta, also Fritos seem to be the hardest thing to find ever
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    A few weeks ago the Kroger was out of dark brown sugar.  Took a couple of weeks to restock.  Last week out of distilled water but since recovered.  BTW- I have seen the distilled water outage a few times well prior to the pandemic.  
    And chix wings are at $3.99/lb and this a little over two weeks prior to the Super Bowl.  Prices on the other parted out chix pieces have risen but not like the wings??   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Most disappointing cereal ever.  Tastes nothing like grapes or nuts.
    It's the worst 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,309
    Options
    Walmart didn’t have saffron. Progresso Minestrone soup is also hard to find. At Walmart two days ago only skinless and boneless chicken parts were available.