Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grocery shortages where you live?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:

Just picked up this bad boy, going to try the turbo brisket method and see how she goes…. I’m planning to cook her Monday. 

Already did a brisket on the bge so this one is going on the primo xl, we’ll see how she does. 
    Primo XL oval grid is perfect for this. How did it turn out? My last three brisket cooks were MSM, tedious but almost foolproof taste/texture/timing -wise.
    It turned out really good, cooked it at 300 for 8 hours and let it rest for 4 hours. Pulled it at 203 and smoked it with hickory chunks. 
    Yeah, the turbo method is the way to go man ... way easier, you get a great bark, and I don't think tenderness/moisture suffers all that much.
    I’ve been reading about this turbo method for a little bit and everyone seems to say once they do turbo they never go back, I completely agree. Brisket was the only meat I stayed away from because I didn’t want to put in a 20 hour shift including rest. Now that I found out that this turbo method works great I’ll be doing a lot more briskets. 
    Yup, you can start it at 9 am and be eating at 7 pm.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:

Just picked up this bad boy, going to try the turbo brisket method and see how she goes…. I’m planning to cook her Monday. 

Already did a brisket on the bge so this one is going on the primo xl, we’ll see how she does. 
    Primo XL oval grid is perfect for this. How did it turn out? My last three brisket cooks were MSM, tedious but almost foolproof taste/texture/timing -wise.
    It turned out really good, cooked it at 300 for 8 hours and let it rest for 4 hours. Pulled it at 203 and smoked it with hickory chunks. 
    Yeah, the turbo method is the way to go man ... way easier, you get a great bark, and I don't think tenderness/moisture suffers all that much.
    I’ve been reading about this turbo method for a little bit and everyone seems to say once they do turbo they never go back, I completely agree. Brisket was the only meat I stayed away from because I didn’t want to put in a 20 hour shift including rest. Now that I found out that this turbo method works great I’ll be doing a lot more briskets. 
    Yup, you can start it at 9 am and be eating at 7 pm.
    Exactly, I almost bought a fan for my bbqs but decided to try this method first. Really happy I saved myself hundreds of dollars. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    No Tot-type potatoes at all today.  Tater tots, hash rounds, hash patties, nothing!  They were even out of Sweet Potato Tots! 

Also, the only all-beef hot dogs they had were 97% Fat Free Nathan's.  Sorry, Satan, not today!  No Chili dogs with Denver tots this weekend!

Clinton, Iowa
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    No Tot-type potatoes at all today.  Tater tots, hash rounds, hash patties, nothing!  They were even out of Sweet Potato Tots! 

Also, the only all-beef hot dogs they had were 97% Fat Free Nathan's.  Sorry, Satan, not today!  No Chili dogs with Denver tots this weekend!

I was fortunate enough to show up the same day the Ore-ida truck showed up last time so I was able to score some tots. The tater section of the freezer is generally empty. You know people are getting desperate when the sweet potato tots are gone. When will it stop?

PS- had tots in my Breakfast Taco this morning. It was glorious.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    When we lived in Iowa, decent tandoori chicken was nowhere to be found. So, I built a tandoor, and made all the tandoori chix I wanted.

Here you go:
    https://www.seriouseats.com/homemade-tater-tots

Now, all y'all kwitcherbichin', and move on 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    When we lived in Iowa, decent tandoori chicken was nowhere to be found. So, I built a tandoor, and made all the tandoori chix I wanted.

Here you go:
    https://www.seriouseats.com/homemade-tater-tots

Now, all y'all kwitcherbichin', and move on 
    I like chemicals in my tots
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX