Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grocery shortages where you live?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    No shortage today with jalapenos or habaneros but the price on the jalas has gone up 40¢ /lb in the last week or so.  The size is quite large as well.  
    Off to the Mexican grocery store for Mexican coke (the drinking kind, in a bottle).  
    The one you sniff is a little more fun. Or so I’ve been told. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Just left Kroger. Pasta aisle was a little thin, but that is all that was noticeable to me. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    my liquor store is down to just 188 In Stock bottles of tangueray.  thats cutting it close

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Legume
    I do when it is a planned trip as it is 15 miles to the store.  This was an audible to give the coca-cola and peanuts a go later today.  
    Edit to remove the great white spacing.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    I stopped this morning to grab SWMBO cinnamon rolls and bananas for the approaching snowpocalypse. Not one cardboard canned refrigerated cinnamon roll in site. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I stopped this morning to grab SWMBO cinnamon rolls and bananas for the approaching snowpocalypse. Not one cardboard canned refrigerated cinnamon roll in site. 
    Went to Grocery Sunday AM- just the opposite Cinnamon rolls everywhere, regular biscuits wiped out.

Same Trip-
    Kleenex wiped out, 3 boxes in 24' of shelf space.
    Brisket was thin but they did have 4 Wagyu packers
    put a small Butt in the freezer since it was an OK price (for recently)
    Cant find Tipo flour for 2 months
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Here's central Indiana's current situation.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I hope we get a foot of snow @coltsfan!

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    They are calling for a foot here over the next 36 hours. Oh and today it was 48 so all the snow and ice that was still here melted/thawed out. Being raining this afternoon, turning to freezing rain over the next couple hours then turning to snow. Should be a fun one!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColtsFan
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,140
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Cloudy and low of 48 tonight.  Stay safe out there folks.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I was right about the impending ice/snow storm.  The following pictures are the bread and milk.  However, the big surprise was how popular ramen noodles are with an upcoming storm. My kids love Ramena and luckily they had some shrimp flavor left.  Fortunately, the beer isle was unaffected and I was able to get my regular choices.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,140
    Options
    @RyanStl we have no storms, and beautiful weather for next 60 days and our ramen aisle was also killed.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options
    must be a shortage of electricity in maine, price per kw jumped 83 percent on this months bill.....maybe we really can thank biden on this one
    fukahwee maine

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    As Central Texans prepare for a sleet storm here for a few days- cant wait to see how empty the stores will be.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    must be a shortage of electricity in maine, price per kw jumped 83 percent on this months bill.....maybe we really can thank biden on this one
    Probably due to the price of natural gas.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    You don't have a fixed rate?  My rate is locked in for two years at a time.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    @RyanStl we have no storms, and beautiful weather for next 60 days and our ramen aisle was also killed.

I wonder if the ramen factories are having staff issues.  Better that than TP shortages.
  • fishlessman
    Options

maine public utility commission approved an 83 percent increase back in november across the board starting jan 1,2022.  they approved it after lines being built from canada to mass were voted out during the early november voting. the other costs of getting the electricity remained the same, only the manufactured kw costs increased which still seems to be a ridiculous increase
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options

maine public utility commission approved an 83 percent increase back in november across the board starting jan 1,2022.  they approved it after lines being built from canada to mass were voted out during the early november voting. the other costs of getting the electricity remained the same, only the manufactured kw costs increased which still seems to be a ridiculous increase
    You get what you vote for.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options

Awaiting your expounding how this really was Biden's fault.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Options

the hydro power corridor was voted out, but then went to court and shot down, now its supposedly in the supreme court, then maine raises prices 83 percent. it looks to me like a big game is being played. the corridor was mostly for massachusetts and a small amount for maine residents and being built by MAINE CENTRAL POWER whos billing address is boston ma (this part doesnt stand well with maniacs). my massachusetts bill has not gone up
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I think he just indiscriminately adds that to the end of every third post.  It’s an updated thanks obama
  • fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:

i said maybe, im working my way up to ....this really was Biden's fault.
    right now we are maybe could, along ways off but joe is working on it im sure =)
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    Options

Technically true, I think Maine is a rank choice state so you have to vote for everyone on the ballot whether you support them or not.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Options

Technically true, I think Maine is a rank choice state so you have to vote for everyone on the ballot whether you support them or not.
    i throw my vote away in massachusetts, but yes, maine went to that silly system years ago. most of my street is not from maine which does push the vote toward the left

fukahwee maine

• BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    One day Walmart had no eggs, when I actually found somebody to ask, was told they were cleaning the shelves and all eggs were in the back. Last time there were several feet of empty freezer space next to the tater tots. This week Kroger had empty shelves, as in nothing one them, near something I was buying. There is frequently a cart blocking the aisle with a sign "reset in progress" so this may just be moving certain item each week. 
    Cooking on the coast
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    100% agree.  Our rates are locked in until the next rate case is approved by the KCC (Kansas Corporate Commission).  Gas rates also apply, but under separate rate case filings.
    Since I retired, I have had several recruiters call to see if I would be interested in a job with META (Facebook). They want me to negotiate special rates for their facilities.  Kind of like when Walmart wanted me to manage their metering rates (corporate Bentonville AR) and reduce their demands on all US properties.  Basically to teach the store managers how to reset the demands and screw the utilities!  Was not interested in either job offer, regardless of the $$$,  Sad to say, but corporate already gets cheap electric & gas rates, and the homeowner pays the most!
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    100% agree.  Our rates are locked in until the next rate case is approved by the KCC (Kansas Corporate Commission).  Gas rates also apply, but under separate rate case filings.
    Since I retired, I have had several recruiters call to see if I would be interested in a job with META (Facebook). They want me to negotiate special rates for their facilities.  Kind of like when Walmart wanted me to manage their metering rates (corporate Bentonville AR) and reduce their demands on all US properties.  Basically to teach the store managers how to reset the demands and screw the utilities!  Was not interested in either job offer, regardless of the $$$,  Sad to say, but corporate already gets cheap electric & gas rates, and the homeowner pays the most!
    We have multiple power companies to choose from in texas. There is a website where you can compare rates and get the best deal. I go there every couple years when my contract is gettting close to expiring and take the quote back to my current power company. They always beat whatever rate I give them.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    We have multiple power companies to choose from in texas. There is a website where you can compare rates and get the best deal. I go there every couple years when my contract is gettting close to expiring and take the quote back to my current power company. They always beat whatever rate I give them.
    That's interesting.  When Tx's power grid failed last winter, and caused so much death/destruction/pain, I was under the assumption that TX had a single provider, which was disconnected from the rest of the US.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...