Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Mr1egg said:
    Real quick though @Mr1egg is getting ammo a pain? 
    Just seen this now.... no ammo is super easy to get, any local canadian tire sells it or gun shops obviously. 
    Funny you mention tire shop.  Bought a nice Beaman air rifle from a tire shop in Phoenix.  I test fired it across the bays over the hoods of 3 customer cars , 😂.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Savior IFAKs.   Hunting season about to start, just trying to be safe
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Any particular one? Mine needs refreshing in the woods
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    Any particular one? Mine needs refreshing in the woods
    Will DM you
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 397
    Mr1egg said:
    Just seen this now.... no ammo is super easy to get, any local canadian tire sells it or gun shops obviously. 
    Funny you mention tire shop.  Bought a nice Beaman air rifle from a tire shop in Phoenix.  I test fired it across the bays over the hoods of 3 customer cars , 😂.
    Sounds like a good time to me lol. I've heard that the air rifles in the states are a lot more powerful than the ones we can get here in canada.
  • TechsasJim
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:
    Sounds like a good time to me lol. I've heard that the air rifles in the states are a lot more powerful than the ones we can get here in canada.
    I have a break-barrel pellet gun I use for squirrels (mainly) around the property.    Has .22 muzzle velocity and I understand the newer versions are even more powerful.   Fun to have
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    Soon to be available, probably a good addition to IFAK's . . .

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • TechsasJim
    dbCooper said:

Yes sir, thank you for this, had not heard/seen!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:
    I have a break-barrel pellet gun I use for squirrels (mainly) around the property.    Has .22 muzzle velocity and I understand the newer versions are even more powerful.   Fun to have
    This one I believe was a .20 cal air rifle pushing 1000+ fps.  Don't remember all the details, it was a true German manufactured version custom built for a client, whose deal fell through.  My dad hauled me out of school and we buzzed up that day to Phoenix.

• TechsasJim
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:
    This one I believe was a .20 cal air rifle pushing 1000+ fps.  Don't remember all the details, it was a true German manufactured version custom built for a client, whose deal fell through.  My dad hauled me out of school and we buzzed up that day to Phoenix.
    Sounds like a helluva lot of fun-and badass!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:
    I loved it.  Tried to take it when I moved out.
    That didn’t fly over.

I picked off a lot of quail with that air rifle.  Used to get home from school, fire up the grill, find a plump quail and harvest it for an after school snack.  That ended when my mom brought the neighbor over as I was cleaning one and prepping to toss on the grill.  She freaked out and there was a lot of chaos movement and screaming.  Never seen a grown women react like she did.

• TechsasJim
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:
    I loved it.  Tried to take it when I moved out.
    That didn’t fly over.

I picked off a lot of quail with that air rifle.  Used to get home from school, fire up the grill, find a plump quail and harvest it for an after school snack.  That ended when my mom brought the neighbor over as I was cleaning one and prepping to toss on the grill.  She freaked out and there was a lot of chaos movement and screaming.  Never seen a grown women react like she did.
    Now that’s a great story and even better memory!
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    If you know you know.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TechsasJim
    dbCooper said:
    https://gizmodo.com/a-new-algae-based-gel-treats-bullet-wounds-in-seconds-
    —————————
    local news did a brief special on just this topic this morning.  Will definitely be added to the IFAK when available.   
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Congrats on being able to swing that.  Better to be lucky than good!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,970
    It’s not a boat but it’ll have to do!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,970
    lousubcap said:
    Congrats on being able to swing that.  Better to be lucky than good!  
    I think that sort of purchase signals someone who has been awfully good.  Some people make their own luck!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    Sightmark red dot for one of the ARs.  Tweaking a few things.   
  • ColbyLang
    Annual membership renewal at our rifle range/gun club
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Steeling myself for September.  Taxes and insurance policy renewals.  Going to be ramen and walking this month.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Steeling myself for September.  Taxes and insurance policy renewals.  Going to be ramen and walking this month.
    I had the Allstate seizure this month, house and car. Fortunately I had a good stock of coins to turn in.
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    Sporting clays, etc included?
  • It’s not a boat but it’ll have to do!

It’s funny, because you talk about riffing on recipes. Now we know what you really mean. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Yes. $150 a year. Key card access. 100/200/300 on the standard rifle line. Pistol line. Action bay for those guys who think they “operate”. Combo line 25/50/100 for easy sighting in. Sporting clays and now 1000 yard long range with targets at 100/300/400/600/800/1000. Must qualify to shoot @ 1000 yard line 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Yes. $150 a year. Key card access. 100/200/300 on the standard rifle line. Pistol line. Action bay for those guys who think they “operate”. Combo line 25/50/100 for easy sighting in. Sporting clays and now 1000 yard long range with targets at 100/300/400/600/800/1000. Must qualify to shoot @ 1000 yard line 
    Love ranges w/1000 yds.  Hard to come by if you are not out west.

• TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I’m sure the 6.5 can get you qualified.    Alll else sounds like a lot of fun!   Been in action bays/kill houses before-that can be fun if you’re feeling froggy.   
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    That’s cheap. I paid that 25 years ago in North Carolina. Love five stand and sporting clays. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    ColbyLang said:
    TechsasJim said:   Been in action bays/kill houses before-that can be fun if you’re feeling froggy.   
    Would love to train in a kill house, real world skills exercised there. 
    Jacksonville FL