Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Annual membership renewal at our rifle range/gun club
    Sporting clays, etc included?
    Yes. $150 a year. Key card access. 100/200/300 on the standard rifle line. Pistol line. Action bay for those guys who think they “operate”. Combo line 25/50/100 for easy sighting in. Sporting clays and now 1000 yard long range with targets at 100/300/400/600/800/1000. Must qualify to shoot @ 1000 yard line 
    I’m sure the 6.5 can get you qualified.    Alll else sounds like a lot of fun!   Been in action bays/kill houses before-that can be fun if you’re feeling froggy.   
    Qualified with 3 different rifles. .280 Ackley Improved, 6.5 creed AR-10 and my Accuracy International.308
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    TechsasJim said:   Been in action bays/kill houses before-that can be fun if you’re feeling froggy.   
    Would love to train in a kill house, real world skills exercised there. 
    HPD head of instruction taught me.   Incredible learning experience.   Couple guys on this board I won’t name surely do it daily—as a profession.  

If you ever get the opportunity, do it.    It’s an eye opener for sure.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Yes. $150 a year. Key card access. 100/200/300 on the standard rifle line. Pistol line. Action bay for those guys who think they “operate”. Combo line 25/50/100 for easy sighting in. Sporting clays and now 1000 yard long range with targets at 100/300/400/600/800/1000. Must qualify to shoot @ 1000 yard line 
    I’m sure the 6.5 can get you qualified.    Alll else sounds like a lot of fun!   Been in action bays/kill houses before-that can be fun if you’re feeling froggy.   
    Qualified with 3 different rifles. .280 Ackley Improved, 6.5 creed AR-10 and my Accuracy International.308
    Are you ringing steel at 1000? 
    What size targets to qualify?
    Jacksonville FL
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Buying my SIL’s .308 AR-10 w/ Proof Research barrel.   Super light for what it is.   I’m wondering about muzzle rise with the barrel.   Could be a one-shot wonder…which wouldn’t be bad.   Carbon fiber barrels can be tricky if not used to them (which I’m not).  1000yds with it is in the theoretical wheelhouse.   
  • ColbyLang
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    3 zeroing shots at 100 to confirm. 

3/5 shots at 400 and 600 on target (8x12 AR500 steel)

must hit 2/5 at 1000 same 8x12 sized target 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    3 zeroing shots at 100 to confirm. 

3/5 shots at 400 and 600 on target (8x12 AR500 steel)

must hit 2/5 at 1000 same 8x12 sized target 
    Did you roll in with a rifle and only 6 rounds and say, this should do.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• ColbyLang
    Nah lol. Range officer on the long range ain’t one for jokes. I showed up with 25 rounds for each rifle. Declined to shoot 100 yard zero and hit 5/5 at 400, 600 & 1000. Scopes have adjustable turrets so every shot was dialed for wind and distance 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    how big of target are you guys hitting at 1000 yards?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I can blow the nuts clean off a squirl at 1000 yards.  Funny how high that makes em jump.  
  • ColbyLang
    There’s a 24x24” plate for fun. 8”x12” rectangle and also a 33% silhouette. I qualified on the 8x12
  • alaskanassasin
    ColbyLang said:
    There’s a 24x24” plate for fun. 8”x12” rectangle and also a 33% silhouette. I qualified on the 8x12
    That’s pretty wild. I mostly shoot groundhogs inside 100 yards. I have a straight shot of grass lane that is 400 yards but to set up but 1000 yards, that is a long ass shot. Someone would have to get me into that. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    That’s pretty wild. I mostly shoot groundhogs inside 100 yards. I have a straight shot of grass lane that is 400 yards but to set up but 1000 yards, that is a long ass shot. Someone would have to get me into that. 
    It’s fun. Easy to see and call misses with a halfway decent spotting scope and someone who can see lol. Once the rifle is dialed, if your data going into the ballistic app is correct, it’s really just like shooting 200 yards. Known distances kinda get boring. 
  • alaskanassasin
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    It’s fun. Easy to see and call misses with a halfway decent spotting scope and someone who can see lol. Once the rifle is dialed, if your data going into the ballistic app is correct, it’s really just like shooting 200 yards. Known distances kinda get boring. 

Sounds like a rabbit hole!  Ive been practicing with a S&W Model 41 I picked up at a auction. It shoots better than I can and .22 lead is cheap.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Sounds like a rabbit hole!  Ive been practicing with a S&W Model 41 I picked up at an auction. It shoots better than I can and .22 lead is cheap.
    It’s a deep rabbit hole for sure. Thankfully I got all of my toys (well, most of them) prior to children. I reload ammo for the 280 and the 308. Like everything else, quality costs. 
  • Dobie
    I’m currently in the 9mm subgun / NFA rabbit hole, 💸
    Jacksonville FL
  • ColbyLang
    Dobie said:
    lol. Been there. Sig MPX Gen 2. 3.5” barrel, collapsible stock. Sig Romeo 5 optic. Dead Air Sand Man that tucks in nicely under the handguard with a tri-lug mount. 
  • Dobie
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    lol. Been there. Sig MPX Gen 2. 3.5” barrel, collapsible stock. Sig Romeo 5 optic. Dead Air Sand Man that tucks in nicely under the handguard with a tri-lug mount. 
    Recently picked up a B&T APC9 Pro Limited factory SBR.
    Thinking Huxwrx Cash9K for it as I want the least port pop. 

Jacksonville FL
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    How do you like the red dot?   My FIL went that route, had to return 2 bc there was too much starburst (not crisp), 3rd was a charm.    I went CT on mine.   Super crisp 2MOA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    How do you like the red dot?   My FIL went that route, had to return 2 bc there was too much starburst (not crisp), 3rd was a charm.    I went CT on mine.   Super crisp 2MOA
    Zero issue with the sig or my 2 EoTech optics. Also have an Aimpoint micro T1 sitting on the shelf. Huge fan of it as well
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    Zero issue with the sig or my 2 EoTech optics. Also have an Aimpoint micro T1 sitting on the shelf. Huge fan of it as well
    Both those are amazing but $$$
  • Dobie
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    If you like the Eotech reticle style check out Holosun for some much better priced options with better battery life. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • TechsasJim
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    If you like the Eotech reticle style check out Holosun for some much better priced options with better battery life. 
    Oh for sure.    I just grabbed a Sightmark which seems to work well for AR purposes.   Will not be the mainstay on the gun, roll with an Sig Bravo 5 mainly but at times a red dot will work better for a specific application.   

Too many optics but they each have their purpose
  • Dobie
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Dobie said:
    Oh for sure.    I just grabbed a Sightmark which seems to work well for AR purposes.   Will not be the mainstay on the gun, roll with an Sig Bravo 5 mainly but at times a red dot will work better for a specific application.   

Too many optics but they each have their purpose
    Found this retailer recently, not the fastest shipper but low prices on optics and guns.
    Well below MAP 

De Leon Pharmacy and Sporting Goods

Jacksonville FL
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Tires for the Subaru. There goes 1k
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    New Cobalt because the wifey wanted it. 

I zoomed in but can't locate the fish finder, downriggers, etc.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    edited August 26
    kl8ton said:

Hahaha. This is the wife’s boat. I’ll still be bass fishing out of the Phoenix. She negotiated the deal and told me how much we were paying. I thought we were just looking. Lol. 
  • alaskanassasin
    ColtsFan said:
    Tires for the Subaru. There goes 1k

38,000 on my 4Runner, this is a back tire, I will definitely rotate them, for the first time lol.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Thanks for the psa @ColtsFan
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    I cannot even guess what is in your garage.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    kl8ton said:

Hahaha. This is the wife’s boat. I’ll still be bass fishing out of the Phoenix. She negotiated the deal and told me how much we were paying. I thought we were just looking. Lol. 
    I figured as much. Enjoy! Those are some nice boats.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI