Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    kl8ton said:
    Horse warming gift?  What should I get?  Baby horse. Just delivered. Horse treats?  Do I get something for the horse or the humans?  A sympathy card for my BIL?  This is horse number 2. 

@Ozzie_Isaac
    Gift card to the local feed store. 

Or maybe a nice brush. 
    That reminded me of a very popular tack and Western store.  We bought a couple leather care kits as well as a bucket of homemade horse treats. We also made some cards to go along with it.  Thanks for the tip on the local feed store! It jogged my memory. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945
    Using this thread in reverse,  anyone have the half-moon perforated grid?  

Obviously, now I have seen it I will get one - but am going through the motions of ‘research’ to justify it. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    Horse warming gift?  What should I get?  Baby horse. Just delivered. Horse treats?  Do I get something for the horse or the humans?  A sympathy card for my BIL?  This is horse number 2. 

@Ozzie_Isaac
    Gift card to the local feed store. 

Or maybe a nice brush. 
    That reminded me of a very popular tack and Western store.  We bought a couple leather care kits as well as a bucket of homemade horse treats. We also made some cards to go along with it.  Thanks for the tip on the local feed store! It jogged my memory. 
    Sorry missed the question earlier.  @DoubleEgger had great suggestions, and sounds like you picked out some good gifts!

I also like the idea of a sympathy card for your  BIL, lol!

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    CPFC1905 said:

Obviously, now I have seen it I will get one - but am going through the motions of ‘research’ to justify it. 
    I think you should get it in the name of research.  Then you can provide us all a review! :)

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945
    CPFC1905 said:

I think you should get it in the name of research.  Then you can provide us all a review! :)
    ... is all I needed 😃
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,628
    dbCooper said:
    Costco run earlier today, always check the booze aisle even if well stocked.  Two of these fell into the cart . . .

1792 BiB rebranded
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    2 salads from Salata…$45.    Oh boy.   Guess we shouldn’t have added chicken.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998

Sam the Cooking Guy is having a Birthday Sale, but tonight's the last night.  I thought the cost after 40% discount was $79, which is reasonable but I'd been hemming-n-hawing.  Just figured out it's 40% off of $79, so I just bought a CI griddle for $50.   B)  
    https://shopstcg.com/

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 414
    Dang, missed it. Oh well....

Botch said:

Sam the Cooking Guy is having a Birthday Sale, but tonight's the last night.  I thought the cost after 40% discount was $79, which is reasonable but I'd been hemming-n-hawing.  Just figured out it's 40% off of $79, so I just bought a CI griddle for $50.   B)  
    https://shopstcg.com/

Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411

Now I need practice, lots and lots of practice. 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    BUFFALOMOOSE Posts: 376
    @Corv sale was extended thru 11:59 tonight
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 414
    Thanks!
    Got the discount and had to pay $30 for shipping, which used up the discount. FYI.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    My total was $51.57, and I only live one state over from you (and actually closer to San Diego); you sure about that?  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    MasterC said:

Now I need practice, lots and lots of practice. 
    Lol, I kept trying to figure out what you bought that had such a cool box!  Then I realized it was a for home game!  I love it.

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,200
  • @poster. Congrats. You’ll have fun with that. A lot of unique applications. 
  • poster
    @poster. Congrats. You’ll have fun with that. A lot of unique applications. 
    I should have said I  now need a new anova
    Look at my water temp. It's pooched
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    i was wondering about that @poster wtf
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    @poster i was going to say the water doesn't look frozen, lol
    I think @GrateEggspectations is over infused with Moet  ;)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    @poster what's in the jars, can they wait for the new Anova?  If the current temp is 'consistently' wrong, i.e. not jumping all over the place with random numbers, can you save the cook by compensating the error with fake set temp?
    canuckland
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    edited August 17
    poster said:
    @poster. Congrats. You’ll have fun with that. A lot of unique applications. 
    I should have said I  now need a new anova
    Look at my water temp. It's pooched
    I recommend the Pro model. It’s a lot faster heating up and it moves more water. 
  • poster
    Canugghead said:
    @poster what's in the jars, can they wait for the new Anova?  If the current temp is 'consistently' wrong, i.e. not jumping all over the place with random numbers, can you save the cook by compensating the error with fake set temp?
    Pickles,  had 3 sous vides on the go, and the 1 sous vide still worked, just the water temp reading was way off, so all worked out well. Not shown is another 24 jars
  • @poster i was going to say the water doesn't look frozen, lol
    I think @GrateEggspectations is over infused with Moet  ;)
    The agree was from me.
  • tau_ceti
    tau_ceti Posts: 28
    billt01 said:
    dbCooper said:
    Costco run earlier today, always check the booze aisle even if well stocked.  Two of these fell into the cart . . .

1792 BiB rebranded
    Wow. I have not tried that. The reviews mention spice. I'm a big fan of Bulleit bourbon and rye. Between those and Nikka Coffey, you've got my favorite whiskeys. I can't really keep them in the house except for special occasions since they disappear too quickly. Sounds like the 1792 is pretty spicy but otherwise smooth? I was just at Costco, going to have to head back there soon, I think. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    tau_ceti said:
    billt01 said:
    dbCooper said:

1792 BiB rebranded
    Wow. I have not tried that. The reviews mention spice. I'm a big fan of Bulleit bourbon and rye. Between those and Nikka Coffey, you've got my favorite whiskeys. I can't really keep them in the house except for special occasions since they disappear too quickly. Sounds like the 1792 is pretty spicy but otherwise smooth? I was just at Costco, going to have to head back there soon, I think. 
    Hope you have better luck than I.  My Costco did not have any.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,970
    A new remote for the TV

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    chinchilla? 
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    A new remote for the TV

Ahhh, the LG Magic remote. I’ve purchased 3 additional. Bad dog
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,970
    ColbyLang said:
    A new remote for the TV

Ahhh, the LG Magic remote. I’ve purchased 3 additional. Bad dog
    Yep.  We just got a new set and, man, it’s tricky to figure out which model remote to purchase.  There’s quite a few that look identical but which only go to 2022 or 2023.  I think I figured it out but it took some work.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 397
    Real quick though @Mr1egg is getting ammo a pain? 
    Just seen this now.... no ammo is super easy to get, any local canadian tire sells it or gun shops obviously.