Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Ridge wallet:

I had had a “Costanza” wallet (IYKYK) for years there on the left.  It had gotten to the point where I really wasn’t able to carry it in my back pocket comfortably any more.  And so I started stashing it in places that weren’t my pocket and occasionally misplacing it.

I know, for an ostensibly smart person I can be pretty friggin dumb sometimes.  Anyway, I’m hoping the Ridge will work out well for me.  This particular one was half off on Amazon.  Still seems kind of pricey for what it is, but I will say that it seems to be built well.
    @lousubcap sent me his ridge wallet.  I absolutely love it.  Only modification I have made is a clip that holds an AirTag.  I misplace my wallet all the time and it helps.  Mostly use it to find the wallet in my house 😂

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,681
    edited August 10
    Show this card at any participating Orlando-area Exxon station to get your free 'Save the Tiger' poster.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,973
    Ridge wallet:

I had had a “Costanza” wallet (IYKYK) for years there on the left.  It had gotten to the point where I really wasn’t able to carry it in my back pocket comfortably any more.  And so I started stashing it in places that weren’t my pocket and occasionally misplacing it.

I know, for an ostensibly smart person I can be pretty friggin dumb sometimes.  Anyway, I’m hoping the Ridge will work out well for me.  This particular one was half off on Amazon.  Still seems kind of pricey for what it is, but I will say that it seems to be built well.
    @lousubcap sent me his ridge wallet.  I absolutely love it.  Only modification I have made is a clip that holds an AirTag.  I misplace my wallet all the time and it helps.  Mostly use it to find the wallet in my house 😂
    I actually bought an AirTag to go with it! I usually don’t pay attention to the “often purchased with” info on Amazon, but this time I happened to see it and it made perfect sense to me.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    @JohnInCarolina
    My neighbor had 2, offered me one and I passed, maybe I should have taken him up on it.   I already carry a front pocket Saddleback leather slim wallet.  

I’d like to hear your thoughts after using it for a while.   The rigidity of it was the factor that made me decline his offer.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Where does all the cash go?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    @TechasJim - as mentioned above, I gave it a run for a while but didn't like it.  Glad it found a great home.  I'm back to my BMF wallet.  Gotta keep the faith with Pulp Fiction; https://www.bmfwallets.com/
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    Ridge wallet:

You’re going to love it once you get used to it. My dad and friends all got a Ridge after I showed them. 

I had a different smaller front pocket wallet before and that was weird and could always feel it. Most of the time you’ll forget the Ridge is even in there.  
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716

This is what I use.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TechsasJim

I remember when this used to be so much cheaper.   $84 pre-tax today.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Where does all the cash go?
    There’s a cash strap on the back.  It doesn’t hold much but I don’t carry much cash on me these days.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina
    My neighbor had 2, offered me one and I passed, maybe I should have taken him up on it.   I already carry a front pocket Saddleback leather slim wallet.  

I’d like to hear your thoughts after using it for a while.   The rigidity of it was the factor that made me decline his offer.  
    So far I like it quite a bit.  I can easily fit it in a front pocket, and with the Air Tag attached it’s hefty enough that I know it’s there.  
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    Ridge wallet:

I’m on my second I like them.  They are small the first one slipped out of my pocket somewhere on a roadtrip.  Went w/an AirTag on the money strap on the next.  You’ll never go back I tried in between and couldn’t do it 
  • JohnInCarolina

It’s more expensive here I think.  That one has gotten a bit too popular.

I’ve been buying more Four Roses of late.  I feel like the price to quality ratio is pretty good with their options, and it hasn’t quite caught on yet.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 10

I’ve been buying more Four Roses of late.  I feel like the price to quality ratio is pretty good with their options, and it hasn’t quite caught on yet.
    That is a shame.  That is one of my favorite pours for the $$$.  Seems like Blanton price has rubbed off on everything.

I’m with @JohnInCarolina Four Roses Songle barrel used to be the best $/pour but Costco stopped carrying it here, and grocery store price is creeping up on that too.

I’m just drinking Buffalo Trace for $25 as my daily.  Not bad, but nothing special.

• TechsasJim

Agree 100% John.   The last 2 of 3 bottles have been Four Roses for the exact reasoning you mentioned.   
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    Try the four roses barrel and small batch side by side, I think the small batch is better.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 10
    Legume said:
    Try the four roses barrel and small batch side by side, I think the small batch is better.
    Hmmm, that is interesting.  I’ve not tried them Back to back.  Might try that sometime.  I found the single barrel more forward and less mellow from memory’s, which I kind of like.  How were they when actually done side by side?

• TechsasJim
    Legume said:
    yes sir.   Have 2 bottles Single barrel in the keep.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    I've always found Four Roses to deliver a good pour (since their reinvention).  There is a noticeable difference between their Small Batch Select (the marketer's hit a sweet price point right there) and the Single Barrel.  More bang for the $ with the Single Barrel for me.  Both are solid.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    @Ozzie_Isaac you may like the single barrel better, as I recall, the small batch was mellower, but it's been a while since I compared and mostly get the small if I buy 4R.  Daily driver at my BiL and FiL's.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    A dehydrator from Bezos 

• Ridge wallet:

The “like” was for “Costanza wallet”.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    @DoubleEgger Nice! Look forward to see what you crank out.
    As for jerky, once I tried jerky in my Traeger Pro 34, I got rid of the 9-tray Excalibur. So easy, even and just the right hint of smoke.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColtsFan said:
    The nephew starts his 2nd year at IU next week. No more dorm life and he has a decent apartment. We told him that we would help him stock his apartment with a Costco run. $780 later he should be sitting pretty good. As if that wasn’t enough, we went to the Cheesecake Factory afterwards. 5 of us……another $260. 

I’m glad we only get to borrow the kid. I’d hate to flip the bill full time. lol
    Great support right here!

• DoubleEgger
    ColtsFan said:
    The nephew starts his 2nd year at IU next week. No more dorm life and he has a decent apartment. We told him that we would help him stock his apartment with a Costco run. $780 later he should be sitting pretty good. As if that wasn’t enough, we went to the Cheesecake Factory afterwards. 5 of us……another $260. 

I’m glad we only get to borrow the kid. I’d hate to flip the bill full time. lol
    @kl8ton says Hold My Beer
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    ColtsFan said:

Ha! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Horse warming gift?  What should I get?  Baby horse. Just delivered. Horse treats?  Do I get something for the horse or the humans?  A sympathy card for my BIL?  This is horse number 2. 

@Ozzie_Isaac
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    ColtsFan said:

Ha! 
    I cling to the children's menus. If you are eligible... That's where you order from!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    edited August 11
    kl8ton said:
    Horse warming gift?  What should I get?  Baby horse. Just delivered. Horse treats?  Do I get something for the horse or the humans?  A sympathy card for my BIL?  This is horse number 2. 

@Ozzie_Isaac
    Gift card to the local feed store. 

Or maybe a nice brush.