Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 469
    Elijah said:
    The larger the purchase the larger the discount... 
    Like the old saying, "Go broke saving money"!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    The Sweetwater tie dye thermometer is back in stock. Just ordered one!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    edited August 2
    The Sweetwater tie dye thermometer is back in stock. Just ordered one!
    That is my favorite one!  That was why I started keeping them all inside, didn’t want that to bleach in the sun!  (It’s a BGE Tel-Tru with custom color-way.)

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    $99!!!! Whoa!

• shtgunal3 said:

Definitely don’t need it but hard to pass up for the price.
    For anyone whose primary Egg is not sheltered from precipitation, a small kamado can be your friend under a covered area of your home. I keep a spare MM on the covered front porch just so that I don’t have to change plans if there’s rain or snow. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    I swear my local Lowes is the most expensive Lowes in the nation. I see the normal price for yours is $399. My local Lowes store is $599. Every item in the store is a minimum of $1 to $2 more than Home Depot and Menards for starting price points. Just the other day I needed a quart of Bondo and I did some price comparison shopping and to see who carried it. Lowe's wanted $27 a quart! Absolutely insane! I went to Menards and picked it up for almost half the price. 

I'm glad to see there are deals to be found at other Lowes! Congrats on the find @shtgunal3
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802
    I already have a large, small, and mini. Not sure yet what I’ll do with the Joe Jr. This was at a Lowe’s “Outlet”.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,681
    shtgunal3 said:
    I already have a large, small, and mini. Not sure yet what I’ll do with the Joe Jr. This was at a Lowe’s “Outlet”.
    I’d use for it exclusively for veggies. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998

I'm on my third bottle; just don't cook/marinate with it.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802
    ^^^I’ve bought my share of those over the years^^^

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3 said:
    You must get a lot of nosebleeds. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    shtgunal3 said:
    You must get a lot of nosebleeds. 
    I used to tell the cashiers I was a black market doc for the mafia.  I use them to stuff in bullet holes and stab wounds.  Back when I was a young funny guy :)

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    So it really is swmbo in y’all’s camp lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    Costco run earlier today, always check the booze aisle even if well stocked.  Two of these fell into the cart . . .

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    dbCooper said:
    Costco run earlier today, always check the booze aisle even if well stocked.  Two of these fell into the cart . . .

Nice!  I like Sazerac bourbons.  Will keep my eye out for this.

• dbCooper said:

The icing on the cake is that they were probably dirt cheap. 

I am joking, but I’ve had some incredibly economical booze purchases from Costco. We’re still working on a $15 1.5L bottle of Kirkland Vodka we bought in Mexico in December. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    dbCooper said:

The icing on the cake is that they were probably dirt cheap. 

I am joking, but I’ve had some incredibly economical booze purchases from Costco. We’re still working on a $15 1.5L bottle of Kirkland Vodka we bought in Mexico in December. 
    1L bottles at $33.07 CAD.  Previously have had the single barrel and small batch versions, both those were very nice. 
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Just bought two tix to a Soccer ⚽️ Friendly in flyover country  (Louisville) late October, USWNT vs Argentina.  US Soccer is running the show and with a capacity of only 15K, they are proud of the seats.  But likely the only time to see the team (which plays for Olympic Gold against Brazil Saturday 11 AM (EDT).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    They playing at the pro stadium adjacent to the interstate coming out of downtown?
  • lousubcap
    edited August 8
    ColbyLang said:
    They playing at the pro stadium adjacent to the interstate coming out of downtown?
    That is the venue but it is a soccer only site however, designed and built with the structural integrity to add a third level with minimal impact should the club (LCFC) move to MLS as right now it plays in the USL.
    Last time we saw the USWNT here was 2004.  (Edit: that was the fourth visit in 5 years( 1999-2004) played in a 50K football stadium).  So the classic"window of opportunity." 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I said the french dip thread was going to make me buy a slicer. Well today’s the day. 

Don’t know much about slicers, but definitely recognize the name.  That red line is gorgeous!

• Botch
    I did not recognize the name, but damn what a website/collection!

@DoubleEgger, if you really cared about the environment you would've bought one of their manual/flywheel slicers, only $8,800:

:o 

• lousubcap
    Reads like the meat slicer Ferrari (and in red...).  Now for the French Dip christening.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,681
    Botch said:

@DoubleEgger, if you really cared about the environment you would've bought one of their manual/flywheel slicers, only $8,800:

My favorite pizza place in Alpharetta GA has one like that. It’s indeed a work of art. 
  • Botch
    Botch said:

My favorite pizza place in Alpharetta GA has one like that. It’s indeed a work of art. 
    That’s cool; the website has several videos of them in action, so smooth (and that self-sharpening feature is clever as hell).  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,973
    Ridge wallet:

I had had a “Costanza” wallet (IYKYK) for years there on the left.  It had gotten to the point where I really wasn’t able to carry it in my back pocket comfortably any more.  And so I started stashing it in places that weren’t my pocket and occasionally misplacing it.

I know, for an ostensibly smart person I can be pretty friggin dumb sometimes.  Anyway, I’m hoping the Ridge will work out well for me.  This particular one was half off on Amazon.  Still seems kind of pricey for what it is, but I will say that it seems to be built well.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike