Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    zaphod said:
    bought myself one of those wooden handled BGE forked grill scraper. did cheese burgers for Jimmy Buffet day and the grill was a mess the next morning. This should solve that the next time it happens. Dunno why they make the things 37 feet long, barely fits in my bucket-o-stuff.
    Since giving up on my CI grates a few months ago, I've started using my forked scraper more.  Although it takes a bit longer, it is very thorough at cleaning off the SS grates.  The length doesn't bother me (that's what she said).  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    @Botch- it's all about girth!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch- it's all about girth!
    Any tool used with skill, focus, and determination will get the job done.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• rotting table, sinking paver

meet

crouching tiger, hidden dragon

https://www.rokhardware.com/extra-heavy-duty-floor-lifting-levelers.html

accept your opponent.  a duel for the ages.  

accompanying overdub will be barley and hops fueled outlaw country. 60% word accuracy 100% heart. 

not sure if warrants a thread in table forum.  like the result so far.  cut off around 1” of rot on one leg. 

• rotting table, sinking paver

meet

crouching tiger, hidden dragon

https://www.rokhardware.com/extra-heavy-duty-floor-lifting-levelers.html

accept your opponent.  a duel for the ages.  

accompanying overdub will be barley and hops fueled outlaw country. 60% word accuracy 100% heart. 

not sure if warrants a thread in table forum.  like the result so far.  cut off around 1” of rot on one leg. 

I would definitely slide a paver under that and let it down.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I would definitely slide a paver under that and let it down.  
    i agree the shortened leg looks death defying!  instead of the included screws i mounted with ss thru bolts and fender washers.  so the mount is strong and the threaded foot is also still sturdy at that length.  i do agree, i could reduce the extension of that foot and have a paver in there.  definitely need to preserve the air gap between wood and ground/paver.  never miss an opportunity to take a diy project to surviving global thermonuclear events.

• I would definitely slide a paver under that and let it down.  
    i agree the shortened leg looks death defying!  instead of the included screws i mounted with ss thru bolts and fender washers.  so the mount is strong and the threaded foot is also still sturdy at that length.  i do agree, i could reduce the extension of that foot and have a paver in there.  definitely need to preserve the air gap between wood and ground/paver.  never miss an opportunity to take a diy project to surviving global thermonuclear events.

I was thinking the same thing, running bolts through would help. I am sure it is fine being a table. looks good sir
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• We spent the weekend in Western NC, I am now on realtor.com lol, dreaming
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,628
    Makeup Brushes.

Wife complained that daughter kept using her makeup brushes.  So I ordered 3 full brand new sets.  1 for the wife, 1 for the daughter, and a backup because this isn’t my first rodeo.

My daughter totally outsmarted me today. I had left the brushes on the coffee table, and when my wife asked if hers had arrived, I went to grab them—only to find they were all gone! I turned the house upside down looking for them. Finally, I asked my daughter if she had seen them. She casually said, ‘Oh, the ones on the coffee table? Yeah, I thought you got them for me.’

My response was, ‘I did! I got each of you a set and a backup. So, where are they?’ (They come in boxes.)

Her reply? ‘Oh, I thought they were all mine, so I opened them and used them already.’

That was enough brushes to last six months!
    its alright @Ozzie_Isaac , just walk out to the money tree she knows you have hidden in the desert and pick you a few more C notes off the ground. It is fall and they should be piling up for you to rake them in a pile.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

•  I was thinking the same thing, running bolts through would help. I am sure it is fine being a table. looks good sir
    Added the paver which pulled the extension back a lot— from there i really appreciated the flexibility in dialing in level.  Thanks for the nudge!

•  I was thinking the same thing, running bolts through would help. I am sure it is fine being a table. looks good sir
    Added the paver which pulled the extension back a lot— from there i really appreciated the flexibility in dialing in level.  Thanks for the nudge!
    My only other suggestion was to cut the other legs down to level it out but you would be losing elevation.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

My only other suggestion was to cut the other legs down to level it out but you would be losing elevation.
    This idea approaches the fringe of blasphemy and also the haircut of the Las Vegas Raiders owner. 
  • Botch

• Botch said:
    I have a rotten leg on my pole barn, I would say it’s sunk about 3 inches based on the eve line. I am thinking along the lines of what you posted (not quite as fancy) or creating a 4x6 form above ground and making a concrete support to tie to.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Like this but incorporating a sonotube
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    alaskanassasin said:
    I have a rotten leg on my pole barn, I would say it’s sunk about 3 inches based on the eve line. I am thinking along the lines of what you posted (not quite as fancy) or creating a 4x6 form above ground and making a concrete support to tie to.
    I have the same in my carport, and am brainstorming drizzling a solution; @Buckwoody Egger s post has me thinking possible solutions.  

• Botch said:
    alaskanassasin said:
    I have the same in my carport, and am brainstorming drizzling a solution; @Buckwoody Egger s post has me thinking possible solutions.  
    Yep, I’ve been putting it off for too long. I also have to figure out the temporary support, I think it’s about 14’ to the header.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    ColtsFan said:
    3D printer. Because I need another hobby. Lol
    What did you get?

Crazy cheap gas in Alabama  Buc yeah! 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    I paid $2.77 at Costco in Minnesota yesterday. Cheapest i've seen in quite awhile.
  • $2.59 the other day here in west Texas.  Was nice to fill up my truck for $80.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    paqman said:
    ColtsFan said:
    What did you get?
    Bambu A1 with the AMS
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    ColtsFan said:
    paqman said:
    ColtsFan said:
    What did you get?
    Bambu A1 with the AMS
    Great choice, be careful, it is definitely a rabbit hole 

Inventory hit the low-level alarm-just ordered a SRF Black brisket (12-14 lbs).  
    The once a year Gold is in the queue for the post Thanksgiving turkey hangover brisket cure.  The following Saturday or Sunday is when it happens, depending on schedules well beyond mine to address.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191

the place closest to me is still 4.99 for super, 3.89 for regular. the regular did drop 10 cents a month ago though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680

the place closest to me is still 4.99 for super, 3.89 for regular. the regular did drop 10 cents a month ago though
    It’s about $4.30 for super/premium near the house.  I think regular was $2.49 at Bucees. 
  • You have to love a free market, our sheetz is $3 a gallon for diesel. This is a major flaw with electric cars, where we live there is only one electric supplier.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    You have to love a free market, our sheetz is $3 a gallon for diesel. This is a major flaw with electric cars, where we live there is only one electric supplier.
    Free market…. Lol.