Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

1356357358359360362»

Comments

• ColtsFan said:
    @alaskanassasin All kinds of things. Coasters, vases, flowerpots for the wife, fidgets for the nieces/nephews and cousins. Working in the CAD software designing a new handle for my large. Still learning at this point. Definitely a rabbit hole like @paqman said.

Here's an IU lightbox I made for my office.
    Don’t know if you saw in the news, but a 3D printed hotel named ‘El Cosmico’ is being printed in Marfa, TX now. 

Marfa is a really fun/interesting little town down in a oddly pretty part of West Texas.  We try to escape the heat here in the summer and go there where its a little cooler.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,756
    Airpods Max, blue for me and purple for SWMBO

@paqman I’m curious about how you like them? Swmbo loves hers, but they seem heavy to me. I’m used to my Sony XM4
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,756
    ColtsFan said:
    @paqman I’m curious about how you like them? Swmbo loves hers, but they seem heavy to me. I’m used to my Sony XM4
    I never tried the Sony XM4 so I can’t really compare.  I am switching from a pair of Bose QC 35 that I’ve used for 7-8 years.

PROS:
    -Everything about the Airpods Max screams quality, they look beautiful and feel solid.
    -The arms on the headband are feeling super solid.
    -I was able to wear them all day without feeling uncomfortable, I was not able to do that with my pair of Bose.  No condensation problem and the headband mesh is comfortable/breathable.
    -I am now heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem and the integration is impressive.
    -Battery life.
    -Transparency mode is great.
    -Noise cancellation background noise feels more natural than my Bose.

CONS:
    -Cost, not sure that they are worth the price difference with other high end headphones.
    -I will need to do more comparisons but I feel like the noise cancellation is not as good as my pair of Bose.
    -Open case with no protection for the mesh on the headband.
    -The take more space than my pair of Bose when folded for transport.
    -No OFF switch, the case turns them OFF.
    -Not enough bass for my taste.
    -Connection to non-Apple devices is possible via bluetooth but switching between devices is not as smooth as doing it between Apple devices.

I don’t think that they are worth switching from another good pair that is still working fine but if you are due for a new pair, I definitely recommend.