Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    edited December 2023
    @HeavyG
    Here is where I saw the press release for the 26 Inch MasterTouch
    https://tvwbb.com/threads/26-inch-gbs.96916/

Hopefully it will be true- I can't wait to place my order.
    I'm on the list directedly with Weber and also on Home Depot- for both colors - I prefer the black, but would probably settle for the Smoke color- It just seems to me that the black color might hold up better. 

Edit: Here's a clearer announcement:

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    @GregW - well that's good news then and thanks for the info. The fellow on the other forum had noticed that Weber had removed the 26" kettle from their website so he gave them a call and was told they had discontinued the 26 at least thru 2024. His call was on November 23rd. Perhaps there was some confusion on Weber's end or the fellow making the call as to which model 26" was being discussed.

Hope you get yours soon!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,803
    @GregW thanks for the feedback

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Looking at this. Fridge cr@pped out. Bottom freezer with ice maker but no door dispenser for the dog to abuse.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,200
    Looking at this. Fridge cr@pped out. Bottom freezer with ice maker but no door dispenser for the dog to abuse.
    I have the same one, but 33 wide. So far so good. Real quiet, except for when the ice dumps, but that's to be expected. I'm still not used to the bottom freezer as I've never had one, but getting there
  • poster said:
    Looking at this. Fridge cr@pped out. Bottom freezer with ice maker but no door dispenser for the dog to abuse.
    I have the same one, but 33 wide. So far so good. Real quiet, except for when the ice dumps, but that's to be expected. I'm still not used to the bottom freezer as I've never had one, but getting there
    Yes Homely Despot delivers but haul away is $50. A trip to our county dump usually results in at least one roofing tack in a tire so I guess it’s worth it. A small fridge is fine for me and the pooches.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Local Home Depot had a stainless Samsung for $797 but had French doors (or whatever you call them).   Saw it this morning while shopping for a woodworking project for the misses
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Local Home Depot had a stainless Samsung for $797 but had French doors (or whatever you call them).   Saw it this morning while shopping for a woodworking project for the misses
    Yes I looked at them but they didn’t appeal to me, an ice maker was usually extra. If this one lasts me 12 years I will probably only have to replace it once .
  • poster
    Local Home Depot had a stainless Samsung for $797 but had French doors (or whatever you call them).   Saw it this morning while shopping for a woodworking project for the misses
    Yes I looked at them but they didn’t appeal to me, an ice maker was usually extra. If this one lasts me 12 years I will probably only have to replace it once .
    Wished some models would hang around for more than a year, so you could actually see some long term reviews. Almost all reviews are always 1 month old
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Went the French door route in 2011 following the side-by-side rig with the ice and water dispenser in the door that bit the bullet (freezer fail) purchased in 1999 (two power users sons til headed to college).  Will never look back.
    It's all about simplifying life as the environment and landscape changes. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,803

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    The Samsung described was right next to the LG that I just bought it was $100 cheaper than the LG but was 17.5 versus 22 cubic feet. All in all I trust LG better than Samsung. Unfortunately now I have to look for another washing machine if I can’t get the pump unclogged. Please nobody tell the water heater.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    The Samsung described was right next to the LG that I just bought it was $100 cheaper than the LG but was 17.5 versus 22 cubic feet. All in all I trust LG better than Samsung. Unfortunately now I have to look for another washing machine if I can’t get the pump unclogged. Please nobody tell the water heater.
    I lol'd at the last line.  Glad you have a sense of humour.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Gulfcoastguy
    I lol'd at the last line.  Glad you have a sense of humour.
    Okay it's possible that I might have fixed my washing machine, I should know in a half hour or so. I managed to find the initial instructions for an approximately 10 year old LG washer, drain it , and clean a fist full of dog hair and fabric shards out of the pump screen. Hopefully I can take the receipt for the one that I bought today(to be delivered Friday)and get my money back. Normally I wouldn't have made another purchase so quick but it was the last day of the New Years sale. Btw the instructions say to clean that screen every 2 months so I was about 60 cleanings behind. Also the over 22(moved here 21 years ago) year old hot water heater lives right next to the washing machine, it knows!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    A 22 year old water heater? 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754

Mines 30+ years old. Gas. Drain it once a year and flush it. Clean the burner chamber at the same time. I do have a newer (20 year old) electric as well lol
  • poster
    ColbyLang said:

Mines 30+ years old. Gas. Drain it once a year and flush it. Clean the burner chamber at the same time. I do have a newer (20 year old) electric as well lol
    My insurance cut me off after 8 years, saying if I can't prove I bought a new hot water tank then no more water damage coverage. I went another 2 years before it needed a thermocouple so just swapped the whole thing out. I'm not sure how they are allowed to do this, but they did.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    poster said:
    ColbyLang said:

My insurance cut me off after 8 years, saying if I can't prove I bought a new hot water tank then no more water damage coverage. I went another 2 years before it needed a thermocouple so just swapped the whole thing out. I'm not sure how they are allowed to do this, but they did.

you are allowed to fire your insurance company!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    poster said:
    ColbyLang said:

In my area there are 3 major insurance companies. One that I refuse to use due to scummy tactics after Katrina. The second openly admits that they can’t compete with the third on price. 
  • poster
    poster said:
    ColbyLang said:

Oh I shopped around. Others were 2-3 times the cost (more than a tank/year). I did have a claim once and it did go well, so they had that as another reason to stay.

According to some other companies I am in a flood zone. My house is 1200' about sea level on top of a hill at least 10 miles from any major river.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    New electric tea kettle. Time to replenish the collection of loose leafs to get my sleepytime fix. 😴 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    A new windshield.  Pretty sure a meteorite hit my windshield.  Not a soul within 100 yards of me and a rock hits me from out of no where.

• Dyal_SC
    * @JohnInCarolina 25 feet away from you, hidden *

*insert Shaquille O’Neal gif rubbing hands together, peeking from behind a tree*
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Dyal_SC said:
    New electric tea kettle. Time to replenish the collection of loose leafs to get my sleepytime fix. 😴 

Can you make tea out of sticks and stems, or just the greens?

• Dyal_SC
    No idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’d imagine so. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    A new windshield.  Pretty sure a meteorite hit my windshield.  Not a soul within 100 yards of me and a rock hits me from out of no where.

Possibly a bullet someone shot into the sky? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac

Possibly a bullet someone shot into the sky? 
    Honestly, the size looked about like a 9mm.  Part of town I was in wouldn’t surprise me.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Gotta love the flat windshield on a Jeep. Same way we love it on the Bronco. About to have our third put on in 2 years 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Spent some time yesterday rearranging the stereo equipment in my Fisher cabinet to get ready for this new addition;

Direct Drive Audio-technica. AT-LP12401-USB capable of playing 331/3, 45, and 78 rpm records. Sorry if the photo is not crystal clear. Had to put the turntable on top of the cabinet because it wouldn’t fit inside. Took the shot with my iPad so my arms were extended high above the top of the turntable, making the pad a little unstable when I pushed the button. So I have room to put stuff I use to convert records and add to my Apple Music account; so I have my collection available for long trips.  No Serius, my preference, though it came with the new truck; turned that off the first day owning the vehicle. I converted the first album from this boxed set that I had never played;
    Nice to not need to spend a lot of time cleaning up the pops and clicks for a change. Only seven single and four double albums to do for that boxed set!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Dyal_SC said:

Can you make tea out of sticks and stems, or just the greens?

might work better adding the sticks stems and buds to butter then into a sous vide for a bit. then add the butter to the tea ;) then make your crumpets with the butter as well......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it