Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 290
    @Botch

Funny you posted the Picante Clamato. My better 95% picked up a jug at NAS “OceanBanana” last week by accident. I gave it a taste and liked it so much I went to the Commissary and latched onto 4 jugs and hauled them down to West Palm for the Holidays.
    Checked at both the local Publix and Winn Dixie nada. The stock boy was trying to pass off Spicy V8 which I like but passed on it. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Yeah, I drink Spicy V8 too but this stuff took over.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    edited December 2023
    poster said:
    Botch said:
    I often have a glass of Clamato with breakfast in the mornings.  I accidentally picked up this "Picante" version at the Commissary last week, and it's absolutely addictive.  Must be fairly new, my other two grocers don't carry it yet.  

I wonder how it differs from this one that's available here? Funny they never show a clam on their labels.
    I do find even the regular Clamato bought in the US tastes better than the stuff in Canada. The recipe is definitely different
    I am addicted to Clamato, probably because of all the MSG it contains… If you like Clamato, try to find Kermato, it is exponentially better!

Local Kroger has it on sale this week.

I'll give it a pass tho - one glass of that is half my daily target sodium intake.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• @Ozzie_Isaac

Some may argue that rectums can only truly be enjoyed bone-in. 

What’s with the “inverted” tags?

(It’s Friday.)
  • Count down for SGH……
  • @Ozzie_Isaac

Some may argue that rectums can only truly be enjoyed bone-in. 

What’s with the “inverted” tags?

(It’s Friday.)
    Rectum? I hardly knew him!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,129
    Botch said:
    I often have a glass of Clamato with breakfast in the mornings.  I accidentally picked up this "Picante" version at the Commissary last week, and it's absolutely addictive.  Must be fairly new, my other two grocers don't carry it yet.  

Add a little Vodka, Its a bloody mary mourning and she left me without warning! Willie Nelson
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    bubbajack said:
    Add a little Vodka, Its a bloody mary mourning and she left me without warning! Willie Nelson
    Willie's got a 90th birthday celebration coming up on TV soon, if anyone cares.  I personally would like to see a short doc on how his Martin guitar, "Trigger", is held together and still playable.  
    I got to a rehearsal in the early '80s in Sioux Falls (still in college) and the other band members were watching a guy on TV singing.  I knew his voice instantly, but I just couldn't recognize him.  It was Willie; clean-shaven, short hair, in a suit/tie, and Trigger didn't have a hole scraped into Her yet.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Picked this up for $0.00.

• Picked this up for $0.00.

Score!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Picked this up for $0.00.

Score!
    Even had a cover and some charcoal left over.  Will clean it up a bit and may give it to my little sister as a house warming gift.

•  The display at Field and Stream/Dicks/Public Lands (I think)? Anyway, @The_Buffalo will Dicks handle warranty on BGE?  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754

The display at Field and Stream/Dicks/Public Lands (I think)? Anyway, @The_Buffalo will Dicks handle warranty on BGE?  
    Interesting. They closed our F&S which was connected to our Dicks. Renovated to all Dicks. Went from having a small Dicks to a huge Dicks. Was there yesterday. Zero BGE stuff. 

•  The display at Field and Stream/Dicks/Public Lands (I think)? Anyway, @The_Buffalo will Dicks handle warranty on BGE?  
    I’ve heard they’re kind of Dicks about returns.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    @Ozzie_Isaac - better to be lucky than good any day!  Sweet rig.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Regarding Richard's Sporting Goods-the forum filter has definitely been adjusted.  Great times await!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang said:

The display at Field and Stream/Dicks/Public Lands (I think)? Anyway, @The_Buffalo will Dicks handle warranty on BGE?  
    Interesting. They closed our F&S which was connected to our Dicks. Renovated to all Dicks. Went from having a small Dicks to a huge Dicks. Was there yesterday. Zero BGE stuff. 

They bought Field and Stream here, took out the hunting department (guns) and renamed it “Public Lands” which is still connected to Dicks.  It would be nice if we could warranty at Dicks. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,395

My wife said the next time I go to "huge ****’s" she wants to tag along 🤔
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
     “Cu**man has the smallest ****’s in Alabama”
    canuckland
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    My TEAC W-450R Stereo Double Reverse Cassette Deck that I had been using to convert my collection of old records and FM radio recordings developed several issues that I had been ignoring for a while have gotten worse. So I ordered my Christmas present today that is scheduled to arrive on the 23rd. Replacing it with a TASCAM 202 MK VII. It doesn't have auto reverse but I think that makes the tape transport mechanism less complicated. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SamIAm2 said:
    My TEAC W-450R Stereo Double Reverse Cassette Deck that I had been using to convert my collection of old records and FM radio recordings developed several issues that I had been ignoring for a while have gotten worse. So I ordered my Christmas present today that is scheduled to arrive on the 23rd. Replacing it with a TASCAM 202 MK VII. It doesn't have auto reverse but I think that makes the tape transport mechanism less complicated. 
    Rack mount?  I am curious to see your full setup.

• SamIAm2
    edited December 2023
    @Ozzie_Isaac - not rack mounted. It comes with the hardware for rack mounting but can be removed. They include washers to use with the rack mount screws to fill up the space if you don't want the rack mount. 
    Not super high end. Starting at the bottom the power switch (remote control powered outlet) and the WIFI box to connect the system if I want to send audio from the laptop. Next the Pioneer CD changer. Above that the Pioneer receiver. Don't have the Sony DVD player in that rack because it is too wide to fit so it is in the furniture next to it with the TV Cable box. I send the TV/computer sound to the receiver's VDP connection and out to the small Bose speakers, one on the right of the cabinet and the other on the left side of the TV credenza. Next up is the TEAC dual cassette that I am replacing with the new TASCAM 202MKVII. Funny thing is the warranty for the new tape deck is fulfilled by TEAC. Above that is a cheap replacement turntable (*Ion Profile Pro) that has USB output capability. I did upgrade the tone arm and cartridge so tracking is very good, but it only does 33 1/3 and 45 rpm. I will eventually, like next year, replace it with hopefully an Audio-Technica Consumer AT-LPX. Of course that probably means having an additional tone arm and cartridges because of the 78 rpm records I need to also convert. Next year's problems I guess.  Edit - I forgot to mention I have a 4 port Rockfish USB switcher that is connected not just to the VDP, but also to my AppleTV, Roku, and nVidia Shield. Can never have too many choices.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2023
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - not rack mounted. It comes with the hardware for rack mounting but can be removed. They include washers to use with the rack mount screws to fill up the space if you don't want the rack mount. 
    Not super high end. Starting at the bottom the power switch (remote control powered outlet) and the WIFI box to connect the system if I want to send audio from the laptop. Next the Pioneer CD changer. Above that the Pioneer receiver. Don't have the Sony DVD player in that rack because it is too wide to fit so it is in the furniture next to it with the TV Cable box. I send the TV/computer sound to the receiver's VDP connection and out to the small Bose speakers, one on the right of the cabinet and the other on the left side of the TV credenza. Next up is the TEAC dual cassette that I am replacing with the new TASCAM 202MKVII. Funny thing is the warranty for the new tape deck is fulfilled by TEAC. Above that is a cheap replacement turntable (*Ion Profile Pro) that has USB output capability. I did upgrade the tone arm and cartridge so tracking is very good, but it only does 33 1/3 and 45 rpm. I will eventually, like next year, replace it with hopefully an Audio-Technica Consumer AT-LPX. Of course that probably means having an additional tone arm and cartridges because of the 78 rpm records I need to also convert. Next years problems I guess.
    Love the setup.  That turntable is a sweet addition.  I have a few friends with turntables and I really like listening to them, but never had one myself.  They are a deep dark rabbit hole.

I'm also a big fan of TEAC and Pioneer.  I am not familiar with TASCSM, but been out of audio for a few years now. (Edit: Looks like ot was founded in 1971 .... so no excuse on my part for not knowing them)

• SamIAm2
    @Ozzie_Isaac - think you were a little busy the last couple years, what with your outdoor area upgrades and all.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    edited December 2023
    A cast-iron platesetter for the new Large BGE, from https://smokeware.com/collections/for-big-green-egg/products/plate-setter.

Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • paqman said:

400$CDN and they had my money but 779$CDN, damn...
    $400 for high end headphones is not unreasonable at all.  $400 for Apple (Beats) headphones is crazy.  I suspect they will be fair to middling.  Most likely bass heavy, muddled mid range and non existent highs.  Coupled with proprietary plugs and totally non-servicable.  I also bet they will sell a bazillion of them and my wife or kids will wind up with a pair against my wishes.
      Those are not Beats and the sound is not even close, designed completely differently . Amazing sound on these . Very high end . I actually prefer my Beats Studio for the type of music I enjoy . 
    Cambridge, Ontario , Canada . XL BGE