Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Anyone have a Decked or similar system in their truck?

I assume @sgh has 3..

2 for his cash and one for shaving equipment. 

😉
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172

A former co-worker did.   Would use the slides for golf clubs, shotguns, etc.    didn’t really use the bed cover for much other than concealing the contents.  

I would love a Diamondback cover for mine with the sliding compartments but can’t justify.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493

A former co-worker did.   Would use the slides for golf clubs, shotguns, etc.    didn’t really use the bed cover for much other than concealing the contents.  

I would love a Diamondback cover for mine with the sliding compartments but can’t justify.  
    That’s my problem, it is expensive. I like the idea of having a more secure compartment for my rifle and gear while stopping by the grocery store after work. I do have a lot more stuff I would like to carry with me on a daily basis, but don’t have the room with the factory space. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    paqman said:
    😳😳😳

Nice!  Grab a straw!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • paqman said:
    😳😳😳

You see that posted online or are you South of the border? I’ve spotted those at Costcos in the states before. 

How many did you get?
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    paqman said:
    😳😳😳

You see that posted online or are you South of the border? I’ve spotted those at Costcos in the states before. 

How many did you get?
    It was posted on SWMBO’s Facebook Costco group, I wasn’t sure if they are even real, a friend of mine is super serious about getting one and is making calls to find a warehouse that has them but I don’t even want to think about the customs/duty charges 😂🤣

Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    The number of bottles appears to be listed, but I can’t make it out. 
    40 cases.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    That's the norm as the rule of thumb is for a standard bottle of 750 milliliters when matched with a conventional 53-gallon barrel will yield a range of 200 to 250 bottles of whiskey.
    Just get a consortium together and go for it.  🥃
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Yup. The barrel we bought from
    the distillery in KY yielded 236 bottles. We donated them all lol
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    @ColbyLang - another of your kind gestures mentioned above.  Surely your kept one to enjoy???
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    That’s way more booze than I could drink for the rest of my life.  The barrel would be nice though.

lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang - another of your kind gestures mentioned above.  Surely your kept one to enjoy???
    I purchased 18 bottles at MSRP. We added a touch for those outside the group to cover travel expenses. There are 6 bottles left in existence. 2 of which are in my bar.

just won 4 bottles in the whiskey auction overseas. Man they charge a lot to ship bourbon from England 
  • Langner91
    paqman said:
    That’s way more booze than I could drink for the rest of my life.  The barrel would be nice though.
    It is underachieving attitudes like this that are destroying our country! 
    Clinton, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    paqman said:

thats a years supply at best for a teetotaler =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    paqman said:
    They disassembled the barrel for us. The guy who spearheaded the trip got the barrel tops. We all took staves for various purposes. One guy built a stool, I burn mine in the BGE XL. 
  • Langner91
    So, the booze in the barrel is delivered at bottle proof?  Where did the other portion go?
    Clinton, Iowa
  • ColbyLang
    Langner91 said:
    So, the booze in the barrel is delivered at bottle proof?  Where did the other portion go?
    It was already at bottle proof when we tasted it straight out of the barrel. 
  • Langner91 said:
    paqman said:
    I think he’s Canadian, so you can breathe a sigh of relief!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • paqman
    Langner91 said:
    paqman said:
    Yes, you are right 😂🤣

edited November 2023
    paqman said:
    Langner91 said:
    paqman said:
    Yes, you are right 😂🤣
    We also don't know how long "rest of my life" is.  That is crucial to determine his commitment to the goal.  If he has 6 months left, that is different than say 40 years.

• ColbyLang
    paqman said:
    Langner91 said:
    paqman said:
    Yes, you are right 😂🤣
    We also don't know how long "rest of my life" is.  That is crucial to determine his commitment to the goal.  If he has 6 months left, that is different than say 40 years.
    My group is committed to guzzling bourbon. We meet at least once a month at someone’s house. 

We also believe in “pop em don’t watch em”

no point in buying if you ain’t gonna drink it. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Langner91 said:
    paqman said:
    since he's a big Pépin fan, I thought he's French 😂🤣
    canuckland
  • Hmmm…

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    Hmmm…

Yeah, buddy!  Love PBR, and that 99 pack probably only cost $24.99.

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Hmmm…

‘Tis the season for a sweet white elephant gift…
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Hmmm…

Yeah, buddy!  Love PBR, and that 99 pack probably only cost $24.99.
    I’d buy one but most of my family does not like PBR.  Seems wrong to buy a “family pack” under those conditions.  Heck, my kids aren’t even old enough to drink…