Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Wheels. Trying Costco. 150 bucks each shipped to my house. 3 of 4 rims on our Buick leak. Was going to get them sandblasted and powder coated. Will take to long and be the same price. Fingers crossed. Will get new tires on them with TPS sensors transferred. Currently the worst wheel will drop from 45 psi to 16 in 4 days. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:
    Wheels. Trying Costco. 150 bucks each shipped to my house. 3 of 4 rims on our Buick leak. Was going to get them sandblasted and powder coated. Will take to long and be the same price. Fingers crossed. Will get new tires on them with TPS sensors transferred. Currently the worst wheel will drop from 45 psi to 16 in 4 days. 
    We’ve been getting tires from Costco for a while now.  Overall service is great.  Highly recommend.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    kl8ton said:
    I'm assuming these Costco wheels are not OEM?  3 of 4 leaking OEM wheels (I'm assuming again) is indicative of a design defect.  The wheels on my second Saab were chromed and flaking off, and leaking.  I had them sandblasted but it didn't help, ended up with aftermarket wheels (damn that car cost me a lot of money...).  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• kl8ton
    Botch said:
    kl8ton said:
    I'm assuming these Costco wheels are not OEM?  3 of 4 leaking OEM wheels (I'm assuming again) is indicative of a design defect.  The wheels on my second Saab were chromed and flaking off, and leaking.  I had them sandblasted but it didn't help, ended up with aftermarket wheels (damn that car cost me a lot of money...).  

Yes they are going to be aftermarket.  What you describe is a fear I have going thru blast and coat.  They are flaking chrome.  Of course, they are a stupid uncommon size of wheel. Just trying to get another 25k out of the car. The thing has a myriad of issues.  Just trying to keep it safe and drivable.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Repointing brickwork. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Two hour wait for a tow truck. Everyone is busy hauling off 75 illegally parked cars.
    Just 2 tires. Ain’t it grand? Actually including the towing fee slightly over.
  • kl8ton

Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    Two hour wait for a tow truck. Everyone is busy hauling off 75 illegally parked cars.
    Just 2 tires. Ain’t it grand? Actually including the towing fee slightly over.

I don't know the tires you have (Pirelli's based on the ZERO on the sidewall) but one large for two tires and a tow is out there.  Tow that much?  Time for AAA coverage.  But just a forum opinion and we all know what those are worth...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Pirelli Scorpion Zero, both 20 inch, one a 245 and the other a 235. As to the tow, by the time I got out of the tow truck I would have paid double to get out of there. Mario Andretti on crack . I paid buy 3 get the 4th free when I put them on back around December. One of 2 OEM tires for the car in that size. The other is the Bridgeston Alenza, avoid that hot mess of a tread chunking tire if at all possible.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,488
    I had no clue that VW produced a vehicle with those sized tires. Just getting it done is worth a whole lot...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Footjoy Tour Alpha golf shoes.  25% off.  Woohoo
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Three implants (don't ask how many I have already), one down two to go. Total including crowns and assuming zero inflation when all is said and done next year, only 15k ;(
    canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Three implants (don't ask how many I have already), one down two to go. Total including crowns and assuming zero inflation when all is said and done next year, only 15k ;(
    In between removal and completion of the crown for the pin right now. It’s my second one.
  • Gulfcoastguy

Has anyone tried this?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126

Has anyone tried this?
    I am fairly confident someone has tried it before.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I was going to ask "Breast?", but then I realized you'd look funny with three.

I hope they work out.  Dental prices... Geesh!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • kl8ton
    Two fridges. One to replace kitchen fridge, the other to add one in the downstairs kitchenette.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    kl8ton said:
    Two fridges. One to replace kitchen fridge, the other to add one in the downstairs kitchenette.
    No 3d printer filament yet?

paqman said:
    kl8ton said:
    He's doing good on the three it came with!  New colors will be around the corner. Right now the printer sits on his floor. Need a better stand/table. Thinking a harbor freight toolbox. He doesn't have much room with his loft bed, desk, 3D printer and an n-scale train layout!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001

My 9-mo-old Sony TV is a "smart" TV with built-in GoogleTV.  I was immediately able to get my main streaming service, YouTubeTV, to work within GoogleTV with one annoying exception: every time I hit the Home button on the TV's remote, it would go to GoogleTV's home-page, not YTTV.  I have figured out a long work-around to eventually get to my YTTV's homepage (and hence my DVR) but its very annoying, and I finally just bit the bullet and ordered the above.  I'll have to re-set the Sony as a "dumb TV" and set a bunch of things back up, but in the end it'll be worth it.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    clicker hell. its the goal of a smart tv to make you feel dumber
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    Clicker hell. There's no fast forward or fast back.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    kl8ton said:
    paqman said:
    kl8ton said:
    He's doing good on the three it came with!  New colors will be around the corner. Right now the printer sits on his floor. Need a better stand/table. Thinking a harbor freight toolbox. He doesn't have much room with his loft bed, desk, 3D printer and an n-scale train layout!
    Here’s an idea:  https://www.printables.com/model/17-original-prusa-i3-mk3-enclosure-ikea-lack-table-pr

That’s just one model, there are several different iterations and remixes available.  I’ve seen some people replace the plexiglass with coroplast.

Botch said:

My 9-mo-old Sony TV is a "smart" TV with built-in GoogleTV.  I was immediately able to get my main streaming service, YouTubeTV, to work within GoogleTV with one annoying exception: every time I hit the Home button on the TV's remote, it would go to GoogleTV's home-page, not YTTV.  I have figured out a long work-around to eventually get to my YTTV's homepage (and hence my DVR) but its very annoying, and I finally just bit the bullet and ordered the above.  I'll have to re-set the Sony as a "dumb TV" and set a bunch of things back up, but in the end it'll be worth it.  
    I have 2 Apple TVs and I’m about to get a 3rd one.  The one in the basement is paired with two original homepods.  The one in the living room is paired with a single homepod.  I barely use the remote, I either talk to it or use my phone to control it.  I think that you will like it.

Corv said:
    Clicker hell. There's no fast forward or fast back.
    The remote that came with my Sony TV has a Voice Assistant, I just hold that button down and say "Fast-forward 4 minutes" and the commercials are skipped.  From a couple videos I've seen, the Apple does the same.   :)

• TechsasJim
    Bottle of New Riff Single Barrel 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191

recently bought one, its not going to last long
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TechsasJim

recently bought one, its not going to last long.   

No sir it will not.   This is my 3rd bottle for a reason.   Ha
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    "The remote that came with my Sony TV has a Voice Assistant, I just hold that button down and say "Fast-forward 4 minutes" and the commercials are skipped.  From a couple videos I've seen, the Apple does the same."
    I had no idea. Thanks, Botch. Of course I'm still using my Oppo DVD player and praying nightly for its continued health.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range