Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Corv said:
    I had no idea. Thanks, Botch. Of course I'm still using my Oppo DVD player and praying nightly for its continued health.
    When Oppo quit making disk players I found two more used ones and bought them as backup; haven't needed them yet but I don't regret doing so.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    I should do that....
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    Bottle of New Riff Single Barrel 

recently bought one, its not going to last long.   

No sir it will not.   This is my 3rd bottle for a reason.   Ha
    Will have to give it a whirl.  All the bottles I like have ballooned in price.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678

Has anyone tried this?
    I'm interested in trying the sauce- Amazon carries it, but it's pricey. $16.99 and the reviews are mixed.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bear-Burtons-Breakfast-Sauce-Florida-Grown/dp/B0C9R2NLG1/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    GregW said:

Has anyone tried this?
    I'm interested in trying the sauce- Amazon carries it, but it's pricey. $16.99 and the reviews are mixed.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bear-Burtons-Breakfast-Sauce-Florida-Grown/dp/B0C9R2NLG1/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
    Peppers and tomatillos sounded good, but they lost me at pears.  It might be good, but I just like classic Verde sauces.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    It was at Academy Sports not far from Meat Church.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    A question for the older folks. I need to buy an automatic jar opener, my arthritis in my hands have become a problem. Any suggestions on brand and model?
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    A question for the older folks. I need to buy an automatic jar opener, my arthritis in my hands have become a problem. Any suggestions on brand and model?.
    We have three go to's, two manual and one automatic.

1) swmbo's favourite, uses it to break the seal/bind and often works.

2) Not sure if they still make this or something similar. Picked this from a thrift store a while back. Use it occasionally.

3) Works real well. You can use just one on the lid, or grip the jar with a second one as well.

While talking gadget, posted this before, this is my favourite nut cracker.

canuckland
  • A question for the older folks. I need to buy an automatic jar opener, my arthritis in my hands have become a problem. Any suggestions on brand and model?.

2) Not sure if they still make this or something similar. Picked this from a thrift store a while back. Use it occasionally.

3) Works real well. You can use just one on the lid, or grip the jar with a second one as well.

Your past here betrays you. SWMBO is your fave. 😂 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Don't overlook thrift store jar openers. My cousin Billy was on a tiny budget because he had a side hustle of smoking meth, which turns out to be very expensive and rots your teeth out, so he had to start getting mushy foods in cans, at the very same time that he had no money. I found a thrift store jar opener for him that he could make payments on for four years
  • Canugghead
    @GrateEggspectations It's Scandinavian, what do you expect?

Seriously though, just broke the seal on this new jar of honey and opened with ease. Worked a treat.

canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    A question for the older folks. I need to buy an automatic jar opener, my arthritis in my hands have become a problem. Any suggestions on brand and model?.

not one recommendation to whack the lid with the back of a butter knife old school style
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac

not one recommendation to whack the lid with the back of a butter knife old school style
    I bang the edge of the lid on the counter

• fishlessman

I bang the edge of the lid on the counter

i just always used the butter knife for jars.....i mean, who needs a special knife to cut butter
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead

just remembered this technique that works sometimes ... grab the jar and bang its bottom against the palm of your other hand.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac

just remembered this technique that works sometimes ... grab the jar and bang its bottom against the palm of your other hand.
    'To release ketchup faster from a glass bottle, here is a little secret from Heinz,' a spokesperson explained. 'The sweet spot to tap on the Heinz bottle is the 57 on the neck. All you need to do is apply a firm tap where the bottle narrows, and the ketchup will come out easier.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,487
    Always knowledge to be acquired here across the full spectrum.  Thanks.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • A question for the older folks. I need to buy an automatic jar opener, my arthritis in my hands have become a problem. Any suggestions on brand and model?.

'To release ketchup faster from a glass bottle, here is a little secret from Heinz,' a spokesperson explained. 'The sweet spot to tap on the Heinz bottle is the 57 on the neck. All you need to do is apply a firm tap where the bottle narrows, and the ketchup will come out easier.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2023

Just because you don't have a grant to study this, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Give it the ol'college try.  Just be careful you will empty the entire bottle if you don't watch it.

Just because you don't have a grant to study this, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Give it the ol'college try.  Just be careful you will empty the entire bottle if you don't watch it.
    See, the difference between you and me is that only one of us takes the word of a product spokesperson at face value.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Oh boy...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • it works, someone showed me that 20 years ago
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Chairs everywhere are a little safer tonight- RIP Coach. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    My aunt told me this ketchup trick years ago! The only difference is its a karate chop to the neck of the bottle. It works!  But,  she is a Carolina fan- maybe things are different in Durham? 
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,978
    edited November 2023

• fishlessman
    .im thinking the spokesperson came up with the idea of the squeeze bottle and the physicist is still looking for the door to get out of the diner.

fukahwee maine

• @lousubcap

Enjoy the well-deserved treat. We are expect pictures. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    Anyone have a Decked or similar system in their truck?

Las Vegas, NV