Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    An electric loaner has its problems.  My 110V outlet charges it at approximately 2.5 miles per hour.  I drive around 50-100 miles per day.  The math doesn't math.  Tonight I am using my 220V outlet from my dryer.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    An electric loaner has its problems.  My 110V outlet charges it at approximately 2.5 miles per hour.  I drive around 50-100 miles per day.  The math doesn't math.  Tonight I am using my 220V outlet from my dryer.

And therein is the issue. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:

And therein is the issue. 
    And tonight I learned my 220V dryer plug is not the same one that Porsche provides with the charger.  So back to 2.5 mph.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Look man, it’s 2023. The Jetsons had us using spaceships by now. Your desert oasis can’t charge your electric loaner Porsche fast enough?!? First world problems lol
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited November 2023
    Don't you have a gas generator?  Put it in the trunk.

(Electrical Engineering Degree from Iowa FTW)
    Clinton, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    edited November 2023

just have them drop over an old copper wound hobart generator, should be up and going in no time. not so surprisingly, ive got three of them if you need a loaner =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • An electric loaner has its problems.  My 110V outlet charges it at approximately 2.5 miles per hour.  I drive around 50-100 miles per day.  The math doesn't math.  Tonight I am using my 220V outlet from my dryer.
    Basically it was so shiny you forgot to ask any questions and just drove off?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Can you put it on blocks and drive it in reverse to charge it? Ferris Bueller style?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Foghorn said:

Goals!  Beautiful car and what appears to be a happy old man.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    Look man, it’s 2023. The Jetsons had us using spaceships by now. Your desert oasis can’t charge your electric loaner Porsche fast enough?!? First world problems lol
    Ha!  Yeah phrased that way does make it sound like petty complaint 😂

• Ozzie_Isaac

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,012
    Foghorn said:

Yeah.  It's a pretty cool ride.  Wouldn't mind having one even though I don't know what model it is.  I also had to wonder - given the advancements in car engines - would my 2010 Ford Taurus hold up against it in a race?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:

Yeah.  It's a pretty cool ride.  Wouldn't mind having one even though I don't know what model it is.  I also had to wonder - given the advancements in car engines - would my 2010 Ford Taurus hold up against it in a race?
    Chances are your 2010 Ford Taurus would absolutely destroy it.  That is a first generation 911 and looks like a late 60s model.  My eye isn't great but based on the wheels and the lack of rocker trim (exposed circle panel in front of driver side rear wheel).

1960s era 911s had 2.0L air cooled flat sixes making between 120 and 190 hp, depending on trim.

• By the tag I assume this guy is an attorney. He was decked out in a bright red suit with shiny red shoes. Headed in McDonald’s. Should have gotten a pic. He was more exotic than the car. 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie how do you end up with an electric loaner when you don’t have a charge point? Can they not swap that thing for a 911 that likes gasoline? 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie how do you end up with an electric loaner when you don’t have a charge point? Can they not swap that thing for a 911 that likes gasoline? 
    Haha the loaner is never an upgrade.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The dealer is quite wise. Give the EV loaners only to people who can only drive it 2.5 miles for every hour they have it. Genius! 
    Snellville, GA

• I can see them smiling when they asked Ozzie if he had a charging station, and he said no, but I’ve got an extension cord. 
    Snellville, GA

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    The dealer should have included an adapter for you. He's remiss for failing that.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • By the tag I assume this guy is an attorney. He was decked out in a bright red suit with shiny red shoes. Headed in McDonald’s. Should have gotten a pic. He was more exotic than the car. 
    Ronald?
  • I was curious so I went to the website listed on his tag. Theflylawyer.com  

Snellville, GA

• An electric loaner has its problems.  My 110V outlet charges it at approximately 2.5 miles per hour.  I drive around 50-100 miles per day.  The math doesn't math.  Tonight I am using my 220V outlet from my dryer.
    30% tax credit to add a 220 V line and charger. Meanwhile download an app called PlugShare to reveal all of the public chargers, either 220V AC or high voltage DC. Some of them are free to use.
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 323

The wheels even have the same ratio in rotating.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie how do you end up with an electric loaner when you don’t have a charge point? Can they not swap that thing for a 911 that likes gasoline? 
    I would have loved a 911.  I had the choice of a Taycan or a Macan.  I was curious about the Taycan so deliberately chose that.  They provided a 220V charger, that I thought would just plug into my 220V outlet, but it has a different plug.  I have an extra extension cord for 220V and.debated splicing it into their charger, but decided I didn't want to burn my house down.

They may be surprised when they get it back.  It had 17 miles when I got it, and it has 240 now and I will have it till Monday afternoon.

I can see them smiling when they asked Ozzie if he had a charging station, and he said no, but I’ve got an extension cord. 
    They didn't even ask questions, guess they just assumed I had a charger spot for it.

30% tax credit to add a 220 V line and charger. Meanwhile download an app called PlugShare to reveal all of the public chargers, either 220V AC or high voltage DC. Some of them are free to use.
    I will check out that app.  There is a mall not too far away that has an entire bank of chargers.  I just don't really know if I can plug into them.  I don't know of they jave standard charging plugs or not.

I would have loved a 911.  I had the choice of a Taycan or a Macan.  I was curious about the Taycan so deliberately chose that.  They provided a 220V charger, that I thought would just plug into my 220V outlet, but it has a different plug.  I have an extra extension cord for 220V and.debated splicing it into their charger, but decided I didn't want to burn my house down.

They may be surprised when they get it back.  It had 17 miles when I got it, and it has 240 now and I will have it till Monday afternoon.

I can see them smiling when they asked Ozzie if he had a charging station, and he said no, but I’ve got an extension cord. 
    They didn't even ask questions, guess they just assumed I had a charger spot for it.

I will check out that app.  There is a mall not too far away that has an entire bank of chargers.  I just don't really know if I can plug into them.  I don't know of they jave standard charging plugs or not.
    For AC 220 you need a J1772 cable, for DC fast charging you need a CCS cable or in rare locations a Tesla Supercharger if it’s equipped with a Magic Dock adapter. But just enter your vehicle model in the app and it will only show the ones that you can use.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie how do you end up with an electric loaner when you don’t have a charge point? Can they not swap that thing for a 911 that likes gasoline? 

For AC 220 you need a J1772 cable, for DC fast charging you need a CCS cable or in rare locations a Tesla Supercharger if it’s equipped with a Magic Dock adapter. But just enter your vehicle model in the app and it will only show the ones that you can use.
    I like it when the only decision is green handle or black handle.  This EV car thing feels like searching through a junk drawer for a cable and seeing what can actually fit my port.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    @BigreenGreg - great event right there.  Post more pics if you've got 'em.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

I like it when the only decision is green handle or black handle.  This EV car thing feels like searching through a junk drawer for a cable and seeing what can actually fit my port.
    Wasn't the Tesla plug recently adopted as the standard for North America? Shouldn't take long for your junk drawer to be filled with some other kind of crap.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk