Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    lousubcap said:
    @kl8ton Mystery solved as I use Firefox and don't get the option to search image in Google.  When I switched to Chrome the option is available.  And here I gave you such credit.  =)

atleast now i now to switch from firefox to chrome. the beauty of the pc, i still have to use aol from time to time on some sites to work properly which is mind blowing
    There are extensions you can add to Firefox that will give you image search options. You don't HAVE to switch to Chrome jut for that ability.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    I know it doesn't mean much without a picture but I spotted a new white Ford GT on the road this afternoon. I unfortunately wasn't able to get a picture as it was driving the opposite direction on the highway. The first I've seen in the wild. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    edited October 2023
    Saw this posted on Reddit a few hours ago.  One of only 44 yellow Carrera GTs in North America!?  That is in the $1.5M+ price bracket.  Terrible way to spend a Sunday. OP said it happened earlier today.

The view is good from here, but I’m guessing another angle may indicate collision(?). 

This was like the car Paul Walker was killed in.

I am a fan of the autos which come from Stutgart and Leipzig. This was one of the most insane vehicles ever to come from a company which prides itself in elegant brutality. There wasn't anything "elegant" about this car. This car was all brutality, and if not respected and treated with kid gloves..it would kill you..

The only other auto which comes into the same class, in my opinion, is the '66 Shelby Cobra Super Snake...which was a twin turbo 427 kicking 800/hp and weighing 2,550/lbs..

The sound of this vehicle wouldn't be challenged until the Lexus LFA hit the streets.

I heard one of these at 2am rolling well above 150/mph through the runway tunnels of 285 in ATL. #amazing

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Frank. I know a couple about to embark on a 200 day cruise. A smooth 185k lol. Buy once cry once
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:
    @kl8ton Mystery solved as I use Firefox and don't get the option to search image in Google.  When I switched to Chrome the option is available.  And here I gave you such credit.  =)

atleast now i now to switch from firefox to chrome. the beauty of the pc, i still have to use aol from time to time on some sites to work properly which is mind blowing
    There are extensions you can add to Firefox that will give you image search options. You don't HAVE to switch to Chrome jut for that ability.

for the one or two times i would need to do that its easier to switch. all the covid relief for small business was in chrome, asme forms apps etc are aol, im used to changing. even my last mortgage didnt work in firefox for what ever reason. it doesnt seem to be a perfect world. drew a line with the phone with this kind of stuff, dont want my worlds to cross ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• HeavyG

So they're filming you filming them.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Rare to see a Rock Bouncer in these parts.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Add one photo for scale, bad photo, but shows how big this rig is.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    ^^^ What IS the natural habitat of a "Rock Bouncer", if not Aridzona?  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    It is a southern thing.  Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee thing.  Very steep climbs in mud, rocks, and trees.

Our trails around here would shred those tires and when you flip and tumble down here you go hundreds of feet down with no trees to stop you.

The owner of this runs it down in Sonora, MX.  Lots of sand and dunes.

• WeberWho
    Botch said:
    @Botch Walk out your front door!  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    Botch said:
    It is a southern thing.  Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee thing.  Very steep climbs in mud, rocks, and trees.

Our trails around here would shred those tires and when you flip and tumble down here you go hundreds of feet down with no trees to stop you.

The owner of this runs it down in Sonora, MX.  Lots of sand and dunes.
    And a lot of simlar rigs in wild and crazy hill climbing action in Iceland.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Botch said:

looks good for ice fishing up here, comes with 4 huge flotation devices
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    WeberWho said:
    Can't blame soneone for wanting to make a Tesla truck look like something else.

• HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:
    Can't blame soneone for wanting to make a Tesla truck look like something else.

Man, they are ugly.  I really don’t get the appeal.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Saw a pair of SLABs in real life!  Only got pics of one though.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    How can those "wheel cones" even be street-legal?  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    How can those "wheel cones" even be street-legal?  
    If total width is 8' or less then it is legal.  These most likely extend past 8', but Texas probably has other things to worry about.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    @Ozzie_Isaac - after slumming thru your pedestrian flight, where in Texas are you?  Independent of the cones, the ride has been well cared for.  Great finish-likely ceramic coated.
    Coulda done a more professional convertible top storage job.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - after slumming thru your pedestrian flight, where in Texas are you?  Independent of the cones, the ride has been well cared for.  Great finish-likely ceramic coated.
    Coulda done a more professional convertible top storage job.  B)
    I am in Austin this week.  The ride looked really good.  The first one had a gorgeous candy peach finish.  Super deep with the amount of clear coats and metal flake in it.  Overall both rides looked really good.  The bass was pretty impressive too.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    New Electric Hummer

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    I would say that ogling rides from your hotel merits an intervention.  Head to Loro if you want to enjoy great fusion food. Brisket with chop-sticks-a whole new experience. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    edited October 2023
    Pic from the dirty windshield of our CRV but it’s a Rolls Royce Cullinan, Texas plate prolly @TEXASBGE2018 neighbor. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023
    A friend posted a photo of his new boat taken during a regatta.  I want to see if he is willing to park it on a lawn on Texas.

Not drone photo either, actual helicopter.

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    That's funny. I have a friend who was flying in a helicopter regatta and he texted me that some buttmunch In a fast boat kept taking pictures of his helicopter.  I can't help but think you and I know the same people @Ozzie_Isaac

• Ybabpmuts said:
    That's funny. I have a friend who was flying in a helicopter regatta and he texted me that some buttmunch In a fast boat kept taking pictures of his helicopter.  I can't help but think you and I know the same people @Ozzie_Isaac

You do strike me as the sort of guy who has a lot of buttmunch friends.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Two cars and a Texas mom mobile at dinner last night