Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    The world has officially passed me by.  I am a dinosaur.  I never dreamt I would see the day that a Datsun was tagged as a "Historic Vehicle."  The Harley Davidson sticker is a nice touch, though.

I will be over here decomposing into motor oil.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Langner91 said:
    The world has officially passed me by.  I am a dinosaur.  I never dreamt I would see the day that a Datsun was tagged as a "Historic Vehicle."  The Harley Davidson sticker is a nice touch, though.

I will be over here decomposing into motor oil.
    While that Z is certainly older just keep in mind that to get a "Historic Vehicle" plate a car only has to be >25 years old.

Hope that makes you feel at least a little bit younger. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    I'm amazed to see a Datsun that old that isn't a pile of iron oxide.    

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    Botch said:
    I'm amazed to see a Datsun that old that isn't a pile of iron oxide.    
    We have no rain, no water, no salt, no snow.  The metal survives very nicely out here.  The paint and all things with a petroleum base, do not survive.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    A Datsun 240Z-the only new car I ever owned (bought a Series 1 in April 1971).  Reliable across the board.  After graduating from college I could put everything I thought was essential to move on it that car. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    mint for new england. i like the datsun

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    mint for new england. i like the datsun

Pristine, one owner, garage kept, never seen snow.

No low balls, I know what I got!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    A Datsun 240Z-the only new car I ever owned (bought a Series 1 in April 1971).  Reliable across the board.  After graduating from college I could put everything I thought was essential to move on it that car. 
    Datsun, Rolex, Porsche, and a boat in Italy!!  You are a true Renaissance man!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:

A Porsche 356!  That is sweet, and if it is real, that is. $75k+ car.  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    A Porsche 356!  That is sweet, and if it is real, that is. $75k+ car.  
     My best guess would be real as most of the replicas are fiberglass. I love the unrestored look. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    I would never have parked that Porsche near any other car even in it's less than pristine condition. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,395
    edited October 2023
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • lousubcap
    ^^^ well cared for sweet ride right there. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    GlennM said:
    Cool video, and nice ride!

Inquiring minds want to know why you got taken out behind the woodshed though.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    Nice ride! My parents neighbor always had two Mercedes in the garage when growing up. He'd trade one of them in every 2-3 years. Almost always an S600 but would vary from sedan to coupe and usually always a V12. The one that never left the stable was his 450SL. He unfortunately passed away last year but my last memory or time seeing him was when he was with his wife in the 450SL cruising with the top down. Those two must have been pushing mid to late 80's in age. I still see the 450SL when visiting my parents and if the neighbor has her garage door open. I really hope it stays in the family. I can remember that car as far back as I can remember. Neat to see another person with the same vehicle!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • First one I’ve seen in the wild. This was downtown San Fran today. Odd looking vehicle. 

Snellville, GA

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,805
    Odd looking indeed

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ozzie_Isaac
    First one I’ve seen in the wild. This was downtown San Fran today. Odd looking vehicle. 

😔🤢🤮

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,282
    You beat me to it @Eggdicted_Dawgfan. I saw it a few weeks ago (Sept 23) but forgot to add my photo to this thread.

Plymouth, MN
  • Haha that’s the same one. That is a much better picture. The guy driving looks thrilled! 
    Snellville, GA

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2023
    One of the most awesomely random things I've seen in awhile out here. I won't repeat what was on the other side. Only thing that would have made it better is if he was parked next to a GWagon. I'd pay money to see the look on that Barbie dolls face when she stepped out and saw the message on that side.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• @TEXASBGE2018

Now I wanna see the other side. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:

Not a car but a pretty sweet camper. Four wheel drive Chevy diesel on the 5500 chassis.
    Love RV's built on actual truck chassis.  I drove a few different RVs for a few years (as a job, everyday).  The ones on Bus or truck chassis were my favorite.  The purpose built RVs were a bit flimsy for my daily use.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    One if the nicer loaners I have had.

• One if the nicer loaners I have had.

Uh oh - did the SUV already need a stint at the dealer service station?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    One if the nicer loaners I have had.

Uh oh - did the SUV already need a stint at the dealer service station?
    Yup, touching up one of the wheels we had painted (noticed it on delivery, but didn't want to wait another couple of days), updating the software, and loading the InnoDrive software.

Porsche builds an absolutely amazing car to drive, but their software is wonky.  Thankfully it has wireless CarPlay and Android.