Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Ozzie how do you end up with an electric loaner when you don’t have a charge point? Can they not swap that thing for a 911 that likes gasoline? 
    I would have loved a 911.  I had the choice of a Taycan or a Macan.  I was curious about the Taycan so deliberately chose that.  They provided a 220V charger, that I thought would just plug into my 220V outlet, but it has a different plug.  I have an extra extension cord for 220V and.debated splicing it into their charger, but decided I didn't want to burn my house down.

They may be surprised when they get it back.  It had 17 miles when I got it, and it has 240 now and I will have it till Monday afternoon.

I can see them smiling when they asked Ozzie if he had a charging station, and he said no, but I’ve got an extension cord. 
    They didn't even ask questions, guess they just assumed I had a charger spot for it.

An electric loaner has its problems.  My 110V outlet charges it at approximately 2.5 miles per hour.  I drive around 50-100 miles per day.  The math doesn't math.  Tonight I am using my 220V outlet from my dryer.
    30% tax credit to add a 220 V line and charger. Meanwhile download an app called PlugShare to reveal all of the public chargers, either 220V AC or high voltage DC. Some of them are free to use.
    I will check out that app.  There is a mall not too far away that has an entire bank of chargers.  I just don't really know if I can plug into them.  I don't know of they jave standard charging plugs or not.
    For AC 220 you need a J1772 cable, for DC fast charging you need a CCS cable or in rare locations a Tesla Supercharger if it’s equipped with a Magic Dock adapter. But just enter your vehicle model in the app and it will only show the ones that you can use.
    I like it when the only decision is green handle or black handle.  This EV car thing feels like searching through a junk drawer for a cable and seeing what can actually fit my port.
    Within 3 years it will be down to just one cord, AC or DC. Tesla won the marketing war and everyone else’s vehicle will come with the Tesla port starting in 2025. Btw at gas stations you have: regular unleaded, mid grade, premium, regular without alcohol, E85, and diesel. Plus green handle and black handle can mean different things at different stations.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    Ozzie how do you end up with an electric loaner when you don’t have a charge point? Can they not swap that thing for a 911 that likes gasoline? 
    I would have loved a 911.  I had the choice of a Taycan or a Macan.  I was curious about the Taycan so deliberately chose that.  They provided a 220V charger, that I thought would just plug into my 220V outlet, but it has a different plug.  I have an extra extension cord for 220V and.debated splicing it into their charger, but decided I didn't want to burn my house down.

They may be surprised when they get it back.  It had 17 miles when I got it, and it has 240 now and I will have it till Monday afternoon.

I can see them smiling when they asked Ozzie if he had a charging station, and he said no, but I’ve got an extension cord. 
    They didn't even ask questions, guess they just assumed I had a charger spot for it.

An electric loaner has its problems.  My 110V outlet charges it at approximately 2.5 miles per hour.  I drive around 50-100 miles per day.  The math doesn't math.  Tonight I am using my 220V outlet from my dryer.
    30% tax credit to add a 220 V line and charger. Meanwhile download an app called PlugShare to reveal all of the public chargers, either 220V AC or high voltage DC. Some of them are free to use.
    I will check out that app.  There is a mall not too far away that has an entire bank of chargers.  I just don't really know if I can plug into them.  I don't know of they jave standard charging plugs or not.
    For AC 220 you need a J1772 cable, for DC fast charging you need a CCS cable or in rare locations a Tesla Supercharger if it’s equipped with a Magic Dock adapter. But just enter your vehicle model in the app and it will only show the ones that you can use.
    I like it when the only decision is green handle or black handle.  This EV car thing feels like searching through a junk drawer for a cable and seeing what can actually fit my port.
    Within 3 years it will be down to just one cord, AC or DC. Tesla won the marketing war and everyone else’s vehicle will come with the Tesla port starting in 2025. Btw at gas stations you have: regular unleaded, mid grade, premium, regular without alcohol, E85, and diesel. Plus green handle and black handle can mean different things at different stations.
    That is why I wouldn't buy an EV before 2025, unless there is an adapter.

AZ is a terrible place for fuel.  We have almost no E85, no non-alcohol options, and no regularly available octane above 92.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    However, the difference between Green and Black is significant but not complicated.  The Green will get you the juice to power your gasoline fueled auto.  I have never seen a gas station confuse the output of the green handle with the black aka diesel.  
    Hooray for Tesla to become the Standard Oil of the 21st century.  Too bad you have to have the proper male-female connection to make it happen.  
    Obviously the fuel industry of 120+ years ago figured it out on their own and now the EV industry needs help.
    Off mini soap-box.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • At my local gas station green handle means diesel.
  • lousubcap
    I stand corrected.  I am obviously headed to LEO.  Upon further enlightenment and @Gulfcoastguy's comment, Black handle for gasoline and Green for diesel.  At least that is consistent here in LEO land.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    Yeah

Around here, green is diesel, black is gas. Except if you're at a BP. I think their green is gas. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    HeavyG said:
    Wasn't the Tesla plug recently adopted as the standard for North America? Shouldn't take long for your junk drawer to be filled with some other kind of crap.
    It was adopted by two (iirc) of the "Big-3 US automakers" (a phrase that's probably obsolete now).  
    It bothers me that so much of our Interstate traffic energy sources, a yuge (tho shrinking) social/info platform, much of our satellite comm, and even our access to Space are coming under the control of one person who's just as unstable, but much more intelligent, than one other guy that bothers me.  
    Off my mini-soapbox.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    Even for Teslas, you can buy a drawer full of adapters:
    These include:
    • 1x Gen 2 NEMA 5-20 Adapter
    • 1x Gen 2 NEMA 6-15 Adapter
    • 1x Gen 2 NEMA 6-20 Adapter
    • 1x Gen 2 NEMA 10-30 Adapter
    • 1x Gen 2 NEMA 14-30 Adapter
    • 1x Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 Adapter
    • 1x Gen 2 NEMA 6-50 Adapter
    • 1x storage bag.... so you don't actually need a junk drawer.  There are also options for the cable from this adapter to the car, or a wall charger. Apparently it can get complicated.

Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    The owner's manual for the Model T described how to adjust and lap the valves.  Today, owner's manuals warn you not to drink the battery water.  

How are people going to get the plug right?  I can already see someone cutting one of the little tab thingy's off their adapter to make it fit their Dryer outlet.  This isn't going to end well.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Hilton Head show today
    Oh my!  Beautiful Carerra GT!

• lousubcap
    @fishlessman - hope your eye issue gets positively resolved.  
    Maybe the car owner gets his $$ from the trafficking...?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    lousubcap said:

advertising this way isnt the best option, lawrence mass has some brutal gangs. a gps tracker placed on the car, find out his routines, guy finds himself in manchester nh tied and tortured til someone delivers a ransom or he is dead. welcome to lawrence mass. anyways, nice car, not sure i could get used to the color but it seems to fit

antibiotic/steroid type drops, supposed to be fine in about 4 days
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    .eyeball blistered, broke down and went to the optometrist. no signs on the building, blind people looking for a building with no signs, makes sense. saw this parked out front, figured i was in the right place. only a rich idiot would park this in an area with drug trafficking going on all around

what model is that mclaren anyways, all i could make out was a 7 and maybe a red G but i just couldnt tell with the angle and distance
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    .eyeball blistered, broke down and went to the optometrist. no signs on the building, blind people looking for a building with no signs, makes sense. saw this parked out front, figured i was in the right place. only a rich idiot would park this in an area with drug trafficking going on all around

what model is that mclaren anyways, all i could make out was a 7 and maybe a red G but i just couldnt tell with the angle and distance

McLaren 720s
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    WeberWho said:

McLaren 720s

so its just an upper level daily driver =)
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:

advertising this way isnt the best option, lawrence mass has some brutal gangs. a gps tracker placed on the car, find out his routines, guy finds himself in manchester nh tied and tortured til someone delivers a ransom or he is dead. welcome to lawrence mass. anyways, nice car, not sure i could get used to the color but it seems to fit

That escalated quickly.  Almost sounds like you might be part of the gig economy with that business plan you laid out.

• fishlessman
    lousubcap said:

That escalated quickly.  Almost sounds like you might be part of the gig economy with that business plan you laid out.                                                       The city next to me is a mess
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

• lousubcap
    @GlennM Where are you as any palm tree doesn't fit in Ontario?  BTW some sweet rides in the above pics. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @GlennM gawjus!!! Which one are you picking up?

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @GlennM Where are you as any palm tree doesn't fit in Ontario?  BTW some sweet rides in the above pics. 
    Judging by plates, Florida is my guess.

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,395

lousubcap said:
    Judging by plates, Florida is my guess.
    Bingo - Naples Fl.  Next stop will be the new Lamborghini store around the corner
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• fishlessman

Why ....I remember beating an80's vette with good miles per gallon with my dodge dart down the highway. Waiting for a vette minivan😁
    fukahwee maine