Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,805
    shtgunal3 said:

That is awesome!  Impala with flat bed was a pretty rare option for 2002.  Order code: BDZRL420.  According to my book less than 3 were ever ordered.
    The white square you see on the side had his business name and all the home type repair work he offers.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• @shtgunal3 - kind of a redneck El Camino
    Your North Carolina is hanging out… a El Camino is redneck
    Isn’t NC redneck?  It was when you were here!

< ducks >
    Where I am from the Subaru Brat was the car/truck of choice. I do miss the south though, very friendly folk redneck or not.  I tell people around here how friendly you all are down there and they don’t believe me.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• @shtgunal3 - kind of a redneck El Camino
    Your North Carolina is hanging out… a El Camino is redneck
    Isn’t NC redneck?  It was when you were here!

< ducks >
    Where I am from the Subaru Brat was the car/truck of choice. I do miss the south though, very friendly folk redneck or not.  I tell people around here how friendly you all are down there and they don’t believe me.
    The folks here on the forum who are actually from NC - born and raised - are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.  That is legit.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    edited November 2023
    From Marshall Goldman- I have not sighted any of the below in the wild but given the excesses on the Thanksgiving Day horizon I figured I would overload this thread. (Edit-no affiliation here)
    Marshall Goldman Motor Sales

WELCOME TO MARSHALL GOLDMAN

The Oldest & Largest
    Luxury, Exotic, and Collectible Car Dealer in North America

We're buying and selling as fast as we can, and what's here today may be gone tomorrow!

We're always looking for pristine, low mile and interesting trades.  Call us today and make a deal for one of ours and put something new in your garage!

Click on any picture below to take you to that car's listing.

Check out our entire inventory

Ferrari's best grand tourer ever, the 812 is a 789 horsepower monster with superb manners.  This 2019 looks great in Nero Daytona over Nero with carbon fiber racing seats, carbon trim inside and out, high power HiFi and more.  Only 9,607 miles from new, $389,900.

The 812's predecessor, the F12berlinetta, is also excellent.  This 2017 looks the part in Rosso Corsa over Nero with LOTS of carbon inside and out, Daytona seats with contrasting bars, high power HiFi, a tricolore badge on the decklid and over $81,000 in options.  Only 4,883 miles from new, $309,900.

If you're looking for a Ferrari, give us a call:  With the four we've added just today we now have FIFTY of them in stock!  This might be the best looking of the bunch, a 2021 Roma in Grigio Ingrid over Crema and Cuoio with matte chrome wheels, contrasting stitching in Nero, heated and ventilated seats and more.  As new with only 4,085 miles, $249,900.

710 Horsepower and an otherworldly chassis make the F8 a drive to remember.  This 2020 in Bianco Avus over Nero features Strasse monoblock wheels, sport exhaust, yellow stitching, an LED carbon wheel, the suspension lifter, dual cameras and more.  Only 10,314 miles from new.

One of seven Portofinos in stock and definitely the most unique, this 2020 is done Argento Nurburgring over Rosso Ferrari with forged sport wheels,  2+2 seating, Magneride suspension, contrast stitching and piping in Tortora, the carbon wheel with LED's, heated and ventilated seats with neck warmers and more.  Only 9,280 miles from new, $238,900.

This 2020 Portofino is classically finished in Rosso Corsa over Nero with matte grey wheels, full electric seats with contrasting stitching and embroidered Cavallinos, high power HiFi, front and rear cameras and more.  Only 17,504 miles from new.

The third new Portofino of the week is a 2019 in Nero over Nero with diamond turned forged wheels, Magneride suspension, the carbon fiber and leather steering wheel with LED's, contrasting stitching in Grigio Scuro and more.  Only 9,949 miles from new.

How about a factory-fresh Z06 convertible?  This 2024 model is crisp in Arctic White over Jet Black with bronze Spider wheels, the big 3LZ option package, carbon ceramic brakes, front axle lift and more.  Only 30 miles from new, $229,900.

One of 10 Corvettes currently in stock, this 2020 Stingray convertible has the 2LT option trim, the Z51 performance and handling pack, magnetic ride control, a bright Torch Red over Adrenaline Red color scheme and more.  Only 7,526 miles from new, $88,900.

If you'd rather have a heavy-hitting convertible from Germany, this 617 horsepower M8 Competition is an extremely quick choice.  Brands Hatch Grey over Silverstone, the M exterior carbon fiber package, heated and ventilated seats, Bowers and Wilkins premium audio and more couple with a 0-60 time of 2.5 seconds...this is an absolute rocket in a luxury shell!  18,460 Miles from new, $93,900.

These three 911's bring our stock total to 20--we have what you're looking for!  This one is a 2023 GT3 Touring in Arctic Grey over Iceland Green Manufaktur leather with carbon ceramic brakes, 18 way adaptive sports seats plus, deviating stitching in white, Bose audio and more.  Only 1,252 miles from new.

The second is a 2018 C4S cabriolet in bright Carrara White Metallic over Graphite Blue and Chalk with RS Spyder design wheels, premium package plus, Bose audio, leather interior trim, 14 way sports seats with memory package, a blue convertible top and more.  2,441 Miles from new, $124,900.

The third is this Black on Black 992 C4S with Sport Chrono, premium package, heated and ventilated 14 way seats, a big sunroof, 443 horsepower and more.  18,687 Miles from new, $129,900.

Two Mercedes convertibles in two wildly different styles--which one is your favorite?  The first is a gorgeous 2019 S560 Exclusive Edition in Dune Silver Metallic over Porcelain and Titian Red with 20 spoke AMG wheels, high gloss Sen wood trim, the diamond radiator grille, LED lighting with Swarovski crystal headlight accents, a red convertible top and more.  Only 2,890 miles from new, $124,900.

The other definitely emphasizes sport over a plush driving experience!  This 2019 ANG GT C Roadster packs 550 horsepower under its bonnet, an all-business Black on Black scheme, carbon ceramic brakes, the AMG exterior carbon package, Burmester audio, matte black AMG wheels and more.  Only 3,779 miles from new, $117,900.

Here's a great 2016 Continental GTC V8 S in a classic combination of White Sand over Linen with the Mulliner Driving Specification, 21" machine finish and black wheels, a two-tone steering wheel, piano black veneers and more.  Only 10,973 miles from new, $138,900.

If you have a full crew to haul around, the GLS is about as nice as a three-row SUV can get.  This 2020 GLS 450 is handsome in Lunar Blue Metallic with 21" wheels, a Macchiato and Magma Grey interior, bombproof MB-Tex upholstery, the convenience package, MBUX augmented navigation, linden wood interior trim, second row captain's chairs and more.  Only 34,251 miles from new, $59,900.

Late C4 Corvettes with their updated looks and LT1 engines are a great choice for a classic on a budget, like this 1993 in Arctic White on White with the dual top package, 40th anniversary badging and more.  Only 45,075 miles from new, $18,900.

Check out our entire inventory

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • That last one kind of looks like @RRP’s Vette
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    Rare but not exotic 

Whoa, welcome back!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • @DoubleEgger

Well that was unexpected. 

Always had a soft spot for those 5.0s. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    edited November 2023
    @lousubcap $229k for a 2024 Z06 seems a bit steep.  That Artic Grey GT3 Touring is stuff of dreams!  Those Ferraris are on an entirely different level.  They are art/luxury/automobile all wrapped into one. Too bad you have to deal with Ferrari the company to get one.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    We rust proofed my Dad's truck over at his buddies house last weekend . This was on his lift. A 1968 Camaro SS. 1 of 3 drag cars he races. This one is pretty much retired at this point. The other two he still races competitively as a hobby but are down in North Carolina. 

That is gorgeous! Tubbed and chopped with Hoosiers and skinnies is stuff of childhood dreams.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    We rust proofed my Dad's truck over at his buddies house last weekend . This was on his lift. A 1968 Camaro SS. 1 of 3 drag cars he races. This one is pretty much retired at this point. The other two he still races competitively as a hobby but are down in North Carolina. 

That is gorgeous! Tubbed and chopped with Hoosiers and skinnies is stuff of childhood dreams.

Childhood dreams is exactly it. He bought it in 1970 when he was just a young kid. Never driven in winter. He wishes he would have never tubbed/raced it when he was younger and kept it stock. He's done well with it racing but it's not like you can go and take it on a Sunday cruise. His son is interested in the car and wants to turn it into a pro touring car someday.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:

This is awesome!  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    edited November 2023
    @JohnInCarolina

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/wc23

I know you love white.  😉

My dad showed me this today.

56 white Porsches from a private collection hitting the action block.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:
    @JohnInCarolina

Good Lord
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2023
    kl8ton said:
    @JohnInCarolina

That collection is amazing.  Guy spent 12 years building it, now he is selling it.  If I had the money, I'd buy the entire lot.  Building and all.  Absolutely stunning.  Rich folks buy Rembrandts and Picassos.  I'd buy this.

https://youtu.be/GnoswPshyEg?si=UpV7NgzWOVUdxG9F

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• WeberWho
    I don't understand why they keep referring it to a Miata. A true Miata is small, light, and comes in manual transmission.  I don't think this new "Miata" is any of that.  It looks long, heavy, and expensive. 

It's looks like a nice vehicle overall but I think the only thing it has in common with a Miata is the two doors. 

Minnesota
  • how the eff did a Miata make this post in any form?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    It was an unexpected blend of a Miata and the classic RX-7 (and not called a "Miata", anywhere)
    An unexpected return of not one, but two Wankels
    An interesting mix of ICE Wankels generating battery power, which is what's used for the drivetrain
    To my eye, a stunningly beautiful piece of automotive art (ymmv)

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• WeberWho said:
    I don't understand why they keep referring it to a Miata. A true Miata is small, light, and comes in manual transmission.  I don't think this new "Miata" is any of that.  It looks long, heavy, and expensive. 

It's looks like a nice vehicle overall but I think the only thing it has in common with a Miata is the two doors. 
    As you know, it’s all about recycling popular model names, even if the reboot is nothing like the original. 

Case in point….

• WeberWho
    Botch said:
    To my eye, a stunningly beautiful piece of automotive art (ymmv)

The side and rear end reminds me of a Ferrari 599

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2023
    Since we are posting Miatas.  Just soak in the details here.

• @Ozzie_Isaac
    She’s a beaut. 

No offence to any owners out there, but I have never understood the appeal of Nissan - and especially Infiniti. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    There 350ZX was playing off the name and history.  Unfortunately it was rather large and heavy.  People absolutely love them, but then there are PT Cruiser and Chevy HHR clubs that are incredibly active and passionate.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,012
    There 350ZX was playing off the name and history.  Unfortunately it was rather large and heavy.  People absolutely love them, but then there are PT Cruiser and Chevy HHR clubs that are incredibly active and passionate.
    https://www.fordpinto.com/

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• @Ozzie_Isaac

Did you check to see if there was a pillow in the passenger’s seat?
  • @Ozzie_Isaac
    She’s a beaut. 

No offence to any owners out there, but I have never understood the appeal of Nissan - and especially Infiniti. 
    I agree.  They've always looked like Guidomobiles to me.

And I hope current owners take offense at that statement and decide to sell their cars.