Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    edited December 2023
    dbCooper said:
    In the Chevy camp here but, the Honda Civic caught my eye.  Finished last and struggled to 150.  Up to the ¼ mile and braking are impressive, for the money.  And can always modify any of them, like the sweet  ride @Mark_B_Good has shared.
    *edit to clarify... Civic finished last but finished, a Civic hitting 150?
    It's always made me giggle;  where would you use that kind of performance?  
    I did get my '82 Saab 900 Turbo up to 123 in a certain place in New Mexico; when I came to a stop the engine stalled and I couldn't restart it.  I popped the hood (whatcha gunna find, Botch?) and I did see a small rubber hose that blew off its nylon fitting; reconnected it and she started right up.
    Also got my Yamaha motorcycle up to 110 in a certain place east of the UT Wasatch; during a long straightaway I glanced down to see the highway flying past my boots about 8" below, and decided that's as fast as I'll ever need to go anymore.  Yikes.    

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    Gotta beat east of Cambridge, Ontario this time of year. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • For you, @Botch. Didn’t want to make it too easy for you.  

• Botch
     ;)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,698
    edited December 2023
    GlennM said:
    In front of me yesterday

I always like following the Boar’s Head truck too!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    Rules are only post cars we see in person, but sometimes rules need to be broken.  Saw this on a forum earlier today.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    edited December 2023
    WeberWho said:
    Challenger RT 

if that has an original hemi, that car has a few commas in the value
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,192
    lousubcap said:
    It's a no for me.

even if it came in old man tan......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Damn he must have broke out the straight-edge. Those lines are sharp. 
    Snellville, GA

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Met some cool kids who have a mobile detailing business.  Their last truck was damaged in an accident, so they bought an old suburban and have converted it for mobile detailing.  They are also in the process of restoring it while they use it!  This kids are serious hustlers always working.  There is a water tank behind the front seats too.

Did you perchance check out their water tank installation and give it a once over to see if it appears properly/safely secured and advise them if it wasn't?

Also, that is a nice striping detail they left on the interior! That alone would be worth a healthy tip.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    edited December 2023
    billt01 said:
    WeberWho said:
    Challenger RT 

if that has an original hemi, that car has a few commas in the value

There's a collector down the road and I'd imagine it's one of his. The Blue Cuda he owns in the pic below is worth $5.5 million. 

He's a "dealer". I think it's more for tax purposes than anything. Here's his website. 

http://mopar-ponderosa.com/posters/

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    edited December 2023
    @WeberWho - ah! the Bacaruda, uh Babararacucudada. I'm old enough to remember the advertisement based on one speakers inability to say the name of the car correctly. Funny stuff. Edit - liked the looks of that car. Got to ride in one in 11th grade, back seat headroom was an issue for me.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SamIAm2 said:
    @WeberWho - ah! the Bacaruda, uh Babararacucudada. I'm old enough to remember the advertisement based on one speakers inability to say the name of the car correctly. Funny stuff.

https://youtu.be/7Jv_5oXqgpo?si=fmkvyEsBiyYdPqB8

• You need to rock one of these in your ride, @Ozzie_Isaac.

• Also, this is a nice hat. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    Also, this is a nice hat. 

My sister just text this a few days ago asking if we should get this hat for my Dad. (He used to have a green Aerostar back in the day.) The hat is pretty awesome!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    lousubcap said:
    dbCooper said:
    Car and Driver recently tested 12 vehicles for 0-150-0 performance:
    I can almost keep up with the 911 Turbo S ... hehe ... I have a 10.7s quarter mile. Can stop pretty fast too.
    @Mark_B_Good I recall that you have quite a tricked out performance ride.  You have shared photos here and it was quite a machine. 
    Very nice!
    Yes, a stage 2+ Audi TTRS, with upgrades to suspension and brakes as well.  It has an estimated 600 crank hp, and 600 lb-ft torque. Light care too.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Mark_B_Good
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:
    In the Chevy camp here but, the Honda Civic caught my eye.  Finished last and struggled to 150.  Up to the ¼ mile and braking are impressive, for the money.  And can always modify any of them, like the sweet  ride @Mark_B_Good has shared.
    I did get my '82 Saab 900 Turbo up to 123 in a certain place in New Mexico; when I came to a stop the engine stalled and I couldn't restart it.  I popped the hood (whatcha gunna find, Botch?) and I did see a small rubber hose that blew off its nylon fitting; reconnected it and she started right up.
    Also got my Yamaha motorcycle up to 110 in a certain place east of the UT Wasatch; during a long straightaway I glanced down to see the highway flying past my boots about 8" below, and decided that's as fast as I'll ever need to go anymore.  Yikes.    
    The legal way to use that kind of performance:

- at the track. Going to a track day a couple of days a year is an exhilarating experience.
    - highway on ramps ... is it illegal to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (100 km) in 2.9 s on a highway on ramp?
    - crack hood open, and rev ... watch neighbor's faces ... but before 9 pm at night. LOL.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2023
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:

- at the track. Going to a track day a couple of days a year is an exhilarating experience.
    - highway on ramps ... is it illegal to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (100 km) in 2.9 s on a highway on ramp?
    - crack hood open, and rev ... watch neighbor's faces ... but before 9 pm at night. LOL.
    Merging and quick squirts are fun.  Walked a kid in his SRT Challenger, with my heated massage seats on, while having a conversation with the wife.

I bet and extra 150ft-lbs of torque and less weight is a ton of fun.

• Mark_B_Good
    edited December 2023
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:

Merging and quick squirts are fun.  Walked a kid in his SRT Challenger, with my heated massage seats on, while having a conversation with the wife.

I bet and extra 150ft-lbs of torque and less weight is a ton of fun.
    Yeah, I guess I didn't mention the quattro benefits. That SRT will be still spinning his rear tires by the time I have hit 60 mph, LOL.
  • Botch
    Mark_B_Good said:
    Well, I'm guilty of this one just about every time, but I only had the FZ-6 and it took 3.4 s.   ;)

• I see what you mean, @botch. Similar houses indeed. 

I like the decal on the BMW’s boxes.