Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,267
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Having a Maybach and a driver is the real deal. 

The back seats in those are glorious!  The outside is meh, but the insides are on another level.
    The outside of a car is for everyone else. The interior and the ride quality are for you. 
    I think I posted these earlier, but we looked at a Maybach.  Was pretty cool and can see the appeal if you are in it a lot.  My wife was almost sold 🤣 when she did a quick conference call from inside.  I thought an investment property would be a better place to put the money.

Wow ... you are so rich with your wife's money and not afraid to talk about it. I want to be you, though I'd need to see what your wife looks like ....  because if she has an a$$ for a face .. it might not be worth it. Nobody wants to go around driving a Maybach with a women in the passenger seat who has to wear custom made garments on her face and consequently, farts straight into the headliner, especially on Taco Tuesday. There are limits, that's my whole point.
    Going after someone’s wife is a low rent move. The only point you made was to show the world that you are an a-hole. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Lowered and tricked-out. Driver and passenger smiled as I snapped this. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,267
    Options

Is Punch Bug a thing in the GWN? 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,062
    Options

Is Punch Bug a thing in the GWN? 
    I had to look that up. I've only ever heard slug/bug. Don't forget the PT Cruiser bruiser.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @DoubleEgger

It was growing up. Certainly not something my kids do. Maybe I’ll see an emergence when they’re older.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,376
    Options
    The NY Times today has an interesting article about how Beetles live on in a section of Mexico City. Thought it might interest some - free link - https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/26/world/americas/mexico-beetle-vocholandia.html?unlocked_article_code=1.I00.7BEm.HivFcOyxOy1s&smid=url-share

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @HeavyG

Very true. Can’t go a day without spotting several. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,442
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,639
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - climate change has really impacted the GWN for that pic. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap

Yes. They’ve really been able to reduce use of salt on the roads, which we’ve since diverted to salt rims on our margaritas. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,134
    Options
    Thought some of you might appreciate this GT40 that’s up for auction:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1106987/1966-ford-gt40-mki-road-car/
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Thought some of you might appreciate this GT40 that’s up for auction:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1106987/1966-ford-gt40-mki-road-car/
    Thanks. That's going to be fun following that auction. I just watched Ford vs Ferrari last week for the first time. (Entertaining movie but don't look up actual facts as the movie is only about 20% accurate)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,369
    Options
    Rare sighting around here. Sorry for the bad pic 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,552
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    I think I posted these earlier, but we looked at a Maybach.  Was pretty cool and can see the appeal if you are in it a lot.  My wife was almost sold 🤣 when she did a quick conference call fromWow ... you are so rich with your wife's money and not afraid to talk about it. I want to be you, though I'd need to see what your wife looks like ....  because if she has an a$$ for a face .. it might not be worth it. Nobody wants to go around driving a Maybach with a women in the passenger seat who has to wear custom made garments on her face and consequently, farts straight into the headliner, especially on Taco Tuesday. There are limits, that's my whole point.
    Just blessed I guess.  To be clear, we didn't go to look at the Maybach, but they showed it to us.  We are not in Maybach tax bracket yet.
     that fact you would respond to this is comical but respected...

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lousubcap
    Options
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,261
    Options
    Getting oil and fuel filters replaced in my truck, wandered in and saw this Dodge Demon, it was sold so no window sticker.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Getting oil and fuel filters replaced in my truck, wandered in and saw this Dodge Demon, it was sold so no window sticker.

That car is so badass. Here are the jaw-dropping specs for 2023:

HOLY $#!& LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE
    • 1,025 total horsepower at 6,500 rpm.
    • 945 lb.-ft of torque at 4,200 rpm.
    • The world's quickest 0-60 production car 4 at1.66 seconds.
    • The highest g-force acceleration of any production car 5at2.004 Gs.
    • History's first-ever eight-second factory muscle car 68.91-seconds ET at 151.17 mph.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Can’t say that I’ve seen an Army green Ferrari before. Sorry that the pic isn’t centered very well. I had to lay the hammer down to catch up for the photo op. 

I raise you off center and blurry! Sure it’s a replica, but sounded cool.  

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Can’t say that I’ve seen an Army green Ferrari before. Sorry that the pic isn’t centered very well. I had to lay the hammer down to catch up for the photo op. 

Wouldn’t be my choice of colour, but then again, I am entirely free from such stress-inducing decisions. 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I'd imagine it's a wrap of some sort.

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Wouldn’t be my choice of colour, but then again, I am entirely free from such stress-inducing decisions. 
    I would 100% pick green.  I love green.  Porsche Aventurine Green and Shade Green on the 911 S/T is money!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Just meant that it wouldn’t be my choice on that vehicle. Would likely go with red, grey or yellow on that beaut. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,134
    Options

Wouldn’t be my choice of colour
    nod 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options

Hammering down and then nailing the pic is nothing I would attempt.  Let the shotgun rider grab it or just follow til stopped.  But if pacing in the normal red Ferrari then I get the deal.  😁