Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,853

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,983
    Good on this guy and anyone willing to learn. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,064
    Teaching folks to steal the cars on this thread… 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 30
    Teaching folks to steal the cars on this thread… 

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,512
    Oof.  Fiat sold less cars than McLaren in the US last year!  So if you see any Fiats, start taking photos, they are exotic!

in contrast to those Toyota numbers, I would have thought Lexus would have been up much higher..besides you can probably get a Lexus now for Toyota money
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac

• Ozzie_Isaac

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 31,976
    This thread needed a bump.  The below is not a siting but I figure it is worthy especially after the recent drought:"

The ultimate roadgoing naturally aspirated V8 Ferrari, the 458 Speciale had more power, better aero, lighter weight and more exclusivity than the standard car.  This one looks amazing in Blu Tour de France over Charcoal with Grigio Corsa livery stripes, Alcantara and Tessuto cloth sport seats, blue contrasting stitching and seat belts, titanium finish wheels, heavy doses of carbon fiber and more.  Only 9,760 miles from new, $558,900.

From Marshall Goldman (definitely no affiliation...)

Engine4.5L V8 597hp 398ft. lbs.
    Transmission7-Speed Double Clutch
    ExteriorBlu Tour De France
    InteriorCharcoal
    Mileage9,760
    StockW25110
    VINZFF75VFA2F0206315

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Nice post, @lousubcap. Just upping the ante on a tried and tested model. Have admired the 458s, but have never been in one. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @lousubcap my favorite thing about Ferraris?  They make my lovely 911s seem like a bargain.

That is a stunning car and probably an absolute joy to drive.  Just the sounds give goosebumps.
  • DoubleEgger
    Super cars are cheap compared to toys that float. 
  • Super cars are cheap compared to toys that float. 
    Show us some spottings. We don’t discriminate here. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,768
    A friend of mine recently paid over $100k for a 57 Nomad wagon that was souped up and beautifully restored.  Still, I don't get it.  Can someone explain it to me?  I get the Ferraris, Corvettes, etc, but I'm struggling to understand the station wagon.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    Foghorn said:
    A friend of mine recently paid over $100k for a 57 Nomad wagon that was souped up and beautifully restored.  Still, I don't get it.  Can someone explain it to me?  I get the Ferraris, Corvettes, etc, but I'm struggling to understand the station wagon.

The Nomad was a high end trim package back in the day. The Nomad and your typical Bel Air shared very little of the same body parts. It was much more custom. Making it much more expensive. I believe it was the second most expensive car Chevrolet made at the time behind the Corvette. The Nomad Bel Air was considered an overall failure in sales. Making them more rare and collectable today. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,355
    And only two door. Rare for a “wagon”. I’d happily put my wife in a resto-mod Nomad versus a minivan lol
  • DoubleEgger
    edited February 17
    Foghorn said:
    A lot of it is personal nostalgia. Someone can be attached to a vehicle that their parents/grandparents or aunts and uncles had growing up. I remember rolling up to the golf course with my grandmother in her 68 Skylark and hunting with my Grandfather in an old square body GMC. My dad always talks about how badass the station wagons were back in the day. Big Blocks galore. 

The random stuff you see rolling through a Mecum auction is crazy. 

A lot of folks prefer the older stuff because they have the capability to work on the car. Good luck trying to work on a new sports car yourself these days. 
  • Super cars are cheap compared to toys that float. 
    And Tractors. $1,000 per hp
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Parents’ neighbour owns a number of cool cars, including a ‘55 Nomad in red with a blower popping out of the hood. Beautiful ride. I rarely see it, but will snap a pic for the thread if I can get the opportunity. 
  • WeberWho
    STO. Nice! 

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac

I love the wild colors, glad when people get something with some pop.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Abarth 500 Nuremberg Edition

• DoubleEgger

They time that car 0-60 with a calendar. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 18

They time that car 0-60 with a calendar. 
    That may be, but considering they sold 16 Abarth/Fiat500 in 2023, 340 in 2022, and 51 in 2021 this special edition is rarer than hen’s teeth.

Ferrari sold more SF90s in 2022 (690) than those 3 years combined.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,355
    A bit unusual. 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Today’s catch 

Love Vipers!  Such a fun car.
  • Ozzie_Isaac